Who has a gf/finace/wife ? (or the opposite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jerxs said:
Thank you for the advice, I definately need a new matteress. My back is so f'ed up that I have not found one chiropractor willing to touch it.
:eek:fftopic:
I second getting a good chair. Also, while the back may be the first to go, the eyes are second. Staring at a screen all day can be hell on your eyes. After I screwed mine up and got a good talking to from my eye doc, I started using http://www.workrave.org/. It's a (free) program that reminds you to take breaks. You can configure it for different lengths of time, stuff like that. After using this my eyes slowly returned to normal.

stanley said:
had? how'd you get rid of it?

Still got a slight twist, not as bad. Went to lots of physical therapy, chiropractor, like I said. Basically, I meant the pain is gone, able to sleep well.

engaged said:
Still got a slight twist, not as bad. Went to lots of physical therapy, chiropractor, like I said. Basically, I meant the pain is gone, able to sleep well.
oh okay. I've got it too, that's what you get when you're placed in front of a computer from 6 years of age. I installed a pullup bar in my room and it's helpe d me the most.

stanley said:
oh okay. I've got it too, that's what you get when you're placed in front of a computer from 6 years of age. I installed a pullup bar in my room and it's helpe d me the most.

I think I got it from play hockey for 11 years.

Been married 10 years, and been self-employed almost all of that time, albeit
not in the online world.

I also have 2 kids that require my every waking moment's attention.

You've got to compromise,and learn that it's NOT necessarily the AMOUNT of work you do that's important, but when you're able to do it, and the QUALITY of your work. It's the old work smart, not hard idea.

I hate to be blunt, but don't become one of these guys/gals that sit at your computer all day, and all night, while your significant other HAS to be out looking for love, attention, emotional support, etc. elsewhere. Because, like it or not, if you continue ignoring your significant other, it's just a matter of time before they have enough.

Your relationship with your significant other is no different that your online business/websites. If you stop nurturing it, it will suffer, dimish, and perhaps go away altogether. Find a balance, and set priorities. If you find yourself working 14-15+ hours a day at the expense of your personal relationships, well, then those relationships just aren't important to you.

Spend quality time together as often as you can, and heck, WORK online when she/he goes to bed, or when he/she's at work, so it doesn't seem you chose the web over him/her.

Making a relationship work is as hard of work as building your online business, but with quality time put in, you CAN create miracles and have it all.

(ps) Although, remember, I've been married 10 years, but haven't made $10 online yet. haha Although I make a nice living anyway.

Good luck!

I'd also like to add that I think it is important to never go to bed mad at each other. No matter what I make time to talk out any problems if they arise so I can go to sleep without worrying, even if it means 3 hours of sleep.

pearz76 said:
I have a wife.

I give her half of what I earned online every mth.

:pimp:

I think thats why my marriage didn't work out. While we were together I worked a fulltime job and was working on my business. My business was just getting started so it wasn't profitable at all so I was sinking personal money into it and spending all my free time trying to make it work.

Too bad she left me before I started making money, sucks for her. :xmas-smiley-030:

jover said:
I started using http://www.workrave.org/. It's a (free) program that reminds you to take breaks. You can configure it for different lengths of time, stuff like that. After using this my eyes slowly returned to normal.

Thanks heaps for that jover! It's heaps better than the simple countdown timer I was using. I usually power on for hours, and this will help heaps in reducing the time spent in front of the computer.

/ also married, no kids.

It's pretty sad when you need your computer to tell you when to take a break. Common, get a life guys.

wickedDUDE said:
It's pretty sad when you need your computer to tell you when to take a break. Common, get a life guys.

I don't think this is a problem that is solely dedicated to webmasters, I know lots of guys that have "real" jobs and they spend just as much time in the office as I do on my computer at home.

I second getting a good chair. Also, while the back may be the first to go, the eyes are second. Staring at a screen all day can be hell on your eyes. After I screwed mine up and got a good talking to from my eye doc, I started using http://www.workrave.org/. It's a (free) program that reminds you to take breaks. You can configure it for different lengths of time, stuff like that. After using this my eyes slowly returned to normal.

Nooo Need To Worry About The Eyes :)

wickedone.jpg

nice setup jerxs and I advise anyone who is in the business of sitting on their ass all day to get an Aeron. The best chair ever made IMO.

Ahhh Herman Miller, Top of the line stuff there!

I use to install office furniture for a short period of time and manages to hook up with a nice steelcase chair. I may just end up trying something different though if I do I will most like take your word on the Aeron

Thank yah

Well I am Married since 98,, worked for myself all but 1 yr of that time, and have been pretty successful also. But the key is that my wife is all for whatever I aim to do. She tells people that if I have to go and work away from the home We lose money. I think in any relationship though without you seeing eye to eye it will fail regardless. So for 8 yrs, 9 in FEB my wife and I support each others decisions, and I would not trade her for anything.

It is funny you guys speak of backs... my back got screwed up in the service. Was Airborne Infantry, Air Assault and 2 months at 3d Rgr Bat, Ft Benning GA. Served a yr on the DMZ in Korea, riot control in Panama, etc etc.... the issue here was that I have a small frame. Even now as we speak i weigh a whopping 127,,, in the service lifting weights and working out daily and walking in the field for 30-45 days a whack, my weight never hit over 141. I ets'd out of Ft.Campbell ( 2/502nd , 101st AB ) and come to find out the 135 lb ruck and weapon I carried for 3 years has messed my back up also. The dr's told me I had a messed up joint so they put me on vicodins,, 100 a month for the past 2 yrs..... I went and seen the chiropractor and he said he has never seen a back as contorted as mine/// at first he says it was not my CI ( i think is the name of it could be UI joint) then he ran some xrays, and other scans and then said it was my CI joint. Went through weeks of therapy and not once could he get my back to pop.... thats how bad my shit is fucked up.

But yes back to the original topic,,, I work sometimes sun up to 3-4am and if i sleep in my wife makes sure the kids dont bother me, and if she wants something or needs something she gets it.... we see eye to eye and honestly if my wife was not as supportive as she is then hell, maybe i wouldnt be where i am now. She helps me right emails, goes to the post office for me, the bank, picks up my dip for me,, and more... but my point is this,, if your not married or in a relationship now, throw it all out on the table when looking for that right one ,, if she dont like what you do or cant grasp it, fuck em,, go to the next.. if your married, well then it should be easy for your spouse to see that what you do is for the benefit of her and your family, Working from home you can set your own hours, go to various outings whenever you feel the urge to do so.

no catch 20/20

Reactions: jerxs
I work at night while my wife sleeps and during the day when she's at work. I then spend the evenings with her as much as possible. I find time to sleep in there somewhere as well, but I don't sleep much.

She's also very supportive, and that's what really makes it work.

LMAO;;;;;;;

I thought you were a girl, no disrespect ment man! Its just the Avatar, I thought that was you, LOL

And I was ready to slip you my number :jester:

Jer

Wicked, one day your mother wont be putting food in your mouth and a roof over your head. One day you will have mouths to feed and bills to pay and will understand what its like to have work.

John said:
I don't think this is a problem that is solely dedicated to webmasters, I know lots of guys that have "real" jobs and they spend just as much time in the office as I do on my computer at home.
No doubt!

I use to work an average of 16 hours a day at my other job.

jerxs said:
LMAO;;;;;;;

I thought you were a girl, no disrespect ment man! Its just the Avatar, I thought that was you, LOL

And I was ready to slip you my number :jester:

Jer

hahaha me too! ah man, we can't get everything :eek7:

Status
Not open for further replies.