What the fuck is up with firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

XP should have fixed a lot of this with the way they allocating addressing, but I believe there are still plenty of problems with XP and the zillions of XP updates. I cringe at the thought of one day being forced into Vista.

Tell me about it! I think the day I have to switch to Vista will in fact be the day I decided to switch to Linux.

Tell me about it! I think the day I have to switch to Vista will in fact be the day I decided to switch to Linux.

Yeah, same here.

The only problem I have with Firefox is it starts to use more and more memory the longer it's running - I think someone mentioned it before, I just close and re-open it every now and then. No real prob. I like Firefox and it fuckin annoys me when some sites make you use IE.

LazyHippy said:
The only problem I have with Firefox is it starts to use more and more memory the longer it's running - I think someone mentioned it before, I just close and re-open it every now and then. No real prob. I like Firefox and it fuckin annoys me when some sites make you use IE.
Exactly the same problem as me. Just I am so caught up in what I am doing, restarting it will just be a waste of time. My net isn't that fastest around, so to close 30+ tabs and then reopen them would take a few minutes.

Exactly the same problem as me. Just I am so caught up in what I am doing, restarting it will just be a waste of time. My net isn't that fastest around, so to close 30+ tabs and then reopen them would take a few minutes.

You can bookmark all of your open tabs and save them in a temporary folder and then when you reopen, just tell it to open all of the bookmarks in that folder.

BrianL said:
You can bookmark all of your open tabs and save them in a temporary folder and then when you reopen, just tell it to open all of the bookmarks in that folder.
Realised that, there is a session thing inbuilt that does that automatically, but I mean my internet connection is slow so just loading all the pages takes ages.

Hi buddy i faced the same problems ..i did everything ..reinstall..disable plugins and all that shit..nothing worked..i reinstalled windows...fuck still dint work..this happned a few months back..so i installed minefield (now firefox 2) there it worked fine..i coudnt understand why..i read through the changelogs..dint find anything worth writing home about...but later on realised the commercial versions of firefox to increase productivity rely very heavily on using small parts of memory so even if some sectors are corrupt ff hanged..the solution is to change your memory :)

ps: only a honest opinion.

I'm now finding that popups are opening in the wrong size window - usually ones I can't resize. I thought this was something to do with certain sites - it happens with Copeac - but now it's happening in the directory here as well... guess it must be something my end?!

Status
Not open for further replies.