The Social Network : Movie Coming out Friday!

Movie was OK at best.

Overly dramatic, overly portrayed Zuckerberg as a massive dickhead, mediocre acting, decent soundtrack.

Worth seeing? For any WF/IM industry person, probably. Motivated me to get back to my roots in drinking beer/coding.

#1 Opening. $23 mil opening weekend on a $50 mil budget.
No other movie did over $10 mil this weekend. Next highest opener was < $6 mil.

WallStreet 2 at $36 mil after 2 weeks. $70 mil budget.

can't decide if this or wallstreet 2 was gayer

really hard to decide

both are just embarrassing to admit actually sitting through without walking out

can't decide if this or wallstreet 2 was gayer

really hard to decide

both are just embarrassing to admit actually sitting through without walking out

Proud to admit, I refused to go see either and really do not plan to.

I took a day off and got a 3 for 1: The Social Network, Wall Street 2, and The Town.

I thought Wall Street 2 was beyond terrible. Bad acting, lame story, just bad
The Town was better than I expected.
I thought Social Network was good too. Just one thing, why the fuck was Rashida Jones in that movie? She served absolutely no purpose other than to be annoying.

I took a day off and got a 3 for 1: The Social Network, Wall Street 2, and The Town.

I thought Wall Street 2 was beyond terrible. Bad acting, lame story, just bad
The Town was better than I expected.
I thought Social Network was good too. Just one thing, why the fuck was Rashida Jones in that movie? She served absolutely no purpose other than to be annoying.

if you ever want to theater hop give this a try:

Movie Madness Schedule Generator

it works out schedules of consecutive screenings and tells you what the wait/overlap time is between films. I haven't done this since I was a kid. I get tired of sitting on my ass and not moving for 2 hours.

I'm proud to say I pretty much stopped watching new movies after 9/11, that's pretty much when everything began to suck balls. TV, music, movies, you name it. America is in an entertainment recession right now. Virtually no creativity is put into anything anymore.

I'm proud to say I pretty much stopped watching new movies after 9/11, that's pretty much when everything began to suck balls. TV, music, movies, you name it. America is in an entertainment recession right now. Virtually no creativity is put into anything anymore.

Uhm try looking beyond Hollywood blockbusters and mainstream radio.

Uhm try looking beyond Hollywood blockbusters and mainstream radio.

Yup - best show ever came out after 9/11

the-wire.jpg

Saw the social network tonight. I liked it. I felt like Mark is part of wickedfire, work from his apartment, a dickhead, nerdy type of guy. I see guys like this at ASE/ASW all day.

It also gave me a lot of motivation to work harder.

didn't think it was going to do that well...i don't think most people care how FB came about, but they still love it.