The Social Network : Movie Coming out Friday!

I dunno about #1 in the box office.

Too many people pretend to hate Facebook and seeing The Social Network would shatter the illusion that they're cool.

Also subtract all the business types with huge egos that are threatened by a 20 year old billionaire.

I predict mediocre box office results.

edit: fuck, those rottentomatoe ratings might undo me!

It's out here on the 15th of October. Got a very good review of Ebert. He was my favourite director when he was making darker films like Fight Club, Se7en, The Game etc, but he seems to want to please everyone these days. Not quite on Nolan's level atm.

I saw it at midnight with some college buddies. It was packed to the gills, and I thought it was an excellent movie. Zuckerberg is kind of a scum bag (or so he is portrayed) but how accurate it all is I suppose it up for debate.

saw the trailer and i cant stand watching that actor. plus he comes off as a huge nerdy douchebag in this movie. I dunno if that was intentional and if thats how the facebook owner really was but i hate shit like that.

If they did the same interview with his "best friend" im sure he wouldn't feel the same. Youll have to watch it, or if you understand the full history I guess you dont need to. Bottom line for me, was that he ultimately screwed his "best friend" out of millions of dollars on bad counsel from Sean Parker, or at least thats what I understood. Hes simply saying its a fictional movie, and rather unrealistic or true. I mean would you expect him to say anything different?

I don't think it will be that big, many people will see it, but it's not going to be #1.

Are you guys kidding me? This movie is going to blow up. There's even talk of it being nominated for best picture and it has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.

If they did the same interview with his "best friend" im sure he wouldn't feel the same. Youll have to watch it, or if you understand the full history I guess you dont need to. Bottom line for me, was that he ultimately screwed his "best friend" out of millions of dollars on bad counsel from Sean Parker, or at least thats what I understood. Hes simply saying its a fictional movie, and rather unrealistic or true. I mean would you expect him to say anything different?

Yeah, I haven't seen the movie so I am not too sure of the situation. I just saw that article, but I guess I should watch the movie and see how it is.

hey guys, remember its a MOVIE. You know, the same thing that brought us the matrix, godzilla, peter pan...

!= Facebook

I dunno about #1 in the box office.

Too many people pretend to hate Facebook and seeing The Social Network would shatter the illusion that they're cool.

Also subtract all the business types with huge egos that are threatened by a 20 year old billionaire.

I predict mediocre box office results.

edit: fuck, those rottentomatoe ratings might undo me!

The sarcasm is lacking with this one young sky walker.

The more I think about this the more I believe everyone here is wrong. This should absolutely be the #1 at the box office, and I think it will be. People love facebook, theirs 500 million facebook members, and as much as the tough guys who say they hate it think they dont want to see it they will.

I tried to run some ads on about 150 screens but couldn't get anything approved.