The hosting "Worst Case Scenario" has happened. Newbs, pay attention.

I back up my database via telnet and site via ftp at the end of every month.

This is why lol.

Not sure if you are joking, but you want to be using SSH and SFTP.

(Or, the mid-90s called and they want their telnet and ftp back...)

:D

Then you'd be Crazy for Crazy Hosting 4 U! Crazy Hosting 4 U

OMG is that sausage being made in their header? That's just... interesting. Very captivating! I may have to immediately move all of my servers over.

So I'm getting in late on the Volsh stuff but was searching around for VPS threads and saw where they were starting and offering not to ever sell the company and you can stay with Volsh forever. And that was just like... February?

How do you go out of business in like 5 months, especially a hosting business, unless you're overselling.

anyone who does business with someone who on their site ends their stupid pitch with "That's Volshness Baby!" just SCREAMS "I have $15k of my grandmothers money to start this thing up - and I live in a crappy 1 bedroom apartment where I"m running it! - Lulz!"

anyone who does business with someone who on their site ends their stupid pitch with "That's Volshness Baby!" just SCREAMS "I have $15k of my grandmothers money to start this thing up - and I live in a crappy 1 bedroom apartment where I"m running it! - Lulz!"

You're not far off, but it was more like he had $250 to get started, nothing close to $15k... and he ran it out of this place:

Screenshot-3.png