TechCrunch Reports on the Facebook Click Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way I want money back from FB but I'm sure they won't be giving it automaticlly and to me it's not worth it to chase it, I rather just work on my business and generate money that way.

How much did you lose? You could always go small claims court - in most places that's anything under 10K (I think).

Read through some of the comments. This one in particular got me thinking:
When facebook has extremely large corporations doing bulk buys, do you really think it gives 2 fucks about a $20-30 million dollar segment of their overall advertisers running affiliate programs?

Be realistic. They don’t give 2 shits about affiliates or small local brands. They want the nationwide brands to get their panties wet and buy mass traffic.
How else do you think they’re going to drive an ongoing business model based on growth, make it IPO, or even justify the network’s worth to a larger buyer?

I wanted to fire back a response at him, but I don't know the actual numbers. If I would have to guess, affiliate advertisers make up WAY more than $20-30M of their ad revenue.

People commenting were eluding to the fact that the lions share of FB's revenue was coming from major brand advertisers buying in bulk. Based on the ads I see, I don't think that's really true. FB is dominated with make money online, diet, teeth, IQ, anti-aging, skin etc etc etc.

What's you're opinion on how much of FB's overall volume comes from affiliate as a percentage? They are targeting around $550M for 2009 (no idea if they are actually even close to that, but that's the target).

I wanted to fire back a response at him, but I don't know the actual numbers. If I would have to guess, affiliate advertisers make up WAY more than $20-30M of their ad revenue.

People commenting were eluding to the fact that the lions share of FB's revenue was coming from major brand advertisers buying in bulk. Based on the ads I see, I don't think that's really true. FB is dominated with make money online, diet, teeth, IQ, anti-aging, skin etc etc etc.

What's you're opinion on how much of FB's overall volume comes from affiliate as a percentage? They are targeting around $550M for 2009 (no idea if they are actually even close to that, but that's the target).

Respond with a little math:

30 million from affiliates is a HUGE understatement. 163 affiliates with $500 a day spend account for ~$30M in a year. Considering the amount of people around here that push way bigger numbers than that (upwards of 10k daily), I'd be guessing that 25% of FB's ad rev comes from affiliates, and probably half of that might even come from this forum.

My random guess would be 55% of the revenue is from the ad platform. Those big banners have higher CPM costs I'm sure but they don't show up nearly as much as the flyer ads from the ad platform. But that is of course purely a number out of my ass.

Actually re-reading this, I think the person who wrote that was bb_wolfe?

Status
Not open for further replies.