Subway sued over short footlongs

If you're worrying about an inch of sub you probably have to check your waistline. Fatties gonna fat.

If you're worrying about an inch of sub you probably have to check your waistline. Fatties gonna fat.

Has nothing to do with waistlines. It's false advertising. Can't believe they can fuck up something as simple as this.

Has nothing to do with waistlines. It's false advertising. Can't believe they can fuck up something as simple as this.

10% shortage of what you are paying for is pretty significant IMO.

What you idiots fail to understand is things in the restaurant world aren't perfect. Every restaurant I've managed does not serve 100% exactly what you are suppose to get. Generally speaking your are served less because the portions should be less than what the specs call for to make up for waste in your food cost at end of week. Kind of shady? Yup, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get your numbers in line. I've never once see corporate food loss numbers that I thought where realistic, so everyone cheats their ass off in a number of ways.

How much is 1 inch of sub in total food cost? Probably all of a few cents, as the meat, and cheese, which are the expensive parts are already pre-portioned. BTW the initial stories that came out had it at like .5 inch under, and that is well within reason of baking bread.

So go ahead, cry about a little less shitty shredded lettuce. Subway subs, despite their healthy adverts, is nothing bunch of processed garbage anyways. Cold cuts and processed chicken, oh yum!

What you idiots fail to understand is things in the restaurant world aren't perfect. Every restaurant I've managed does not serve 100% exactly what you are suppose to get. Generally speaking your are served less because the portions should be less than what the specs call for to make up for waste in your food cost at end of week. Kind of shady? Yup, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get your numbers in line. I've never once see corporate food loss numbers that I thought where realistic, so everyone cheats their ass off in a number of ways.

How much is 1 inch of sub in total food cost? Probably all of a few cents, as the meat, and cheese, which are the expensive parts are already pre-portioned. BTW the initial stories that came out had it at like .5 inch under, and that is well within reason of baking bread.

So go ahead, cry about a little less shitty shredded lettuce. Subway subs, despite their healthy adverts, is nothing bunch of processed garbage anyways. Cold cuts and processed chicken, oh yum!

i agree, but this is subway, so surely their bread isn't really all that variable. i would think they have it down to a fucking science and that all their bread is basically uniform. they're likely very aware of the fact that their subs are short. they're not 13 inches, they're 11, and they probably did that on purpose.

as you implied, the main goal of fast food trash food is to give you food that is barely passable and as cheap as possible so they can spend less money on food. they know idiots will still come in droves. the amount of people that seem to be addicted to subway is astonishing. have these idiots ever had a real sandwich in their life? i guarantee you that 90% of the folks that eat at subway regularly had parents who couldn't cook worth a shit. it's only somebody who hasn't had their mind expanded culinarily--at all--who is capable of extracting enjoyment out of that garbage whatsoever. their parents probably had "hamburger steak night" every tuesday and "macaroni and cheese night" every wednesday, and so on, and that's 50% of america that thinks subway is actually delicious.

Murica.

"I can't get a job therefore am going to think of creative ways to make an extra buck...Hey let's measure the fucking sandwich I'm eating."

Just when I thought this country was already fucked up...

I know right, just when I think I'm getting all 12 inches I'm going to have to pull the ruler out.

i agree, but this is subway, so surely their bread isn't really all that variable. i would think they have it down to a fucking science and that all their bread is basically uniform. they're likely very aware of the fact that their subs are short. they're not 13 inches, they're 11, and they probably did that on purpose.

You're right they do have it down to a science. In some stories I've seen some subs have been 12 inches (in this story they say 4/7 are short). I'm not sure how their bread is made exactly and it's probably a combination of not following exact procedure or like I stated earlier they may just be making them come up short on purpose.

The thing is down at the restaurant level shit falls apart when you have underpaid, unskilled, teens / mexicans/ etc... doing it. You then also have to question how the customer handled it and how it was wrapped and you could squish the sub. Overall, it's a non-story that only stupid people are interested in.

I'm just glad this isn't another f#CKing
imag1.jpg
thread!

Reminds me of when that lady ordered coffee from McDonalds drive-thru, puts it in her crotch, drives off, spills the coffee all over, then sues McDonalds because the coffee was hot.

Reminds me of when that lady ordered coffee from McDonalds drive-thru, puts it in her crotch, drives off, spills the coffee all over, then sues McDonalds because the coffee was hot.

Over a 10 year period McDonald's had received a number of complaints (over 700) of people being burn victims. They kept their coffee at a temperature that was much hotter than it needed to be.

A little research into these kinds of things can show that in fact some of them aren't as ridiculous as they sound.