Steve Jobs Yacht Revealed

If Venus was sitting next to Pelorus, I would pick Pelorus every time. :thumbsup:

Venus by Steve Jobs

r2s4i.jpg

Pelorus: Currently owned by David Geffen, previously by Roman Abramovich.

yoXUT.jpg

Jobs design seems to have more of an eastern/zen feel. The 2nd one is awesome though, but 2 totally different concepts IMO.

Jobs was a dirty meditating zen hippie, don't forget that ;)

American billionaires just cant make yachts like Russian Billionaires. That thing looks like the boat house I rented on shasta lake last year.

abramovich1.thumbnail.jpg

Thats a damn ugly boat.

It looks a bit like a galley, isn't it?

For sure Foxconn was contacted to deliver the slaves to row it.

this further proves Bill Burr's theory how "Steve Jobs was an overrated cunt who was only good at yelling at others about shit that needs to be invented".

This boat is a really subpar case of generic "clean style" design...looks like someone got on few CG blender tutorials on "minimalistic" or "modern" design and whipped that shit out after few afternoons...

On the other hands, actual designers (not high level smoke n mirror selling conmen) do shit like this

8TT3D.jpg

pDWMx.jpg

Npsho.jpg

even those "old school" designer boats look better than this shit.
Mvq7Q.jpg

this further proves Bill Burr's theory how "Steve Jobs was an overrated cunt who was only good at yelling at others about shit that needs to be invented".

This boat is a really subpar case of generic "clean style" design...looks like someone got on few CG blender tutorials on "minimalistic" or "modern" design and whipped that shit out after few afternoons...

On the other hands, actual designers (not high level smoke n mirror selling conmen) do shit like this

8TT3D.jpg

pDWMx.jpg

Npsho.jpg

even those "old school" designer boats look better than this shit.
Mvq7Q.jpg

The first two are 3D renderings and are purely conceptual. The 2nd two are gorgeous IMO. The third, the Walleypower 118, is one of the finest examples of contemporary watercraft engineering and is fucking amazing both in performance and appearances. The fourth is simply a Sunseeker Predator 82 with an unusual color scheme. If it was all white, or white and navy, it would look like any other boat out there.

Edit: seems the first one is real and isn't a 3D rendering. I'm sure I saw it years ago as concepts, but it seems it's been built since. Designed by Philippe Starck.

With the second one you have to drive away fast from every make whale because he will try to hump on.

and this is why the mantra of "trickle down economics" is bullshit. The wealth doesn't trickle down, it goes into these fucking monstrosities.

Those last two look fucking cool though.

and this is why the mantra of "trickle down economics" is bullshit. The wealth doesn't trickle down, it goes into these fucking monstrosities.

Those last two look fucking cool though.
You don't understand trickle down at all, because this is actually an example of it working.

A lot of the employees at the yacht company (most of which are not rich) had a lot of money "trickle" to them from the cost of making the yacht. The same can be said for all of the companies that Feadship bought parts from or contracted out work to.

Trickle down is usually criticized because the absurdly wealthy can't lavishly spend money as fast as they earn it (see paradox of thrift). And even if they could, they are smart enough not to.