starting gym tommorow after 1 year break any tips?

I lift 5 days a week with no problems. What I normally do is:

Monday: Shoulders
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Just cardio + abs
Thursday: Back
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Biceps/Triceps
Sunday: OFF Completely

My muscles are in a lot better shape then yours are considering I've been dedicated to lifting for awhile now. I'd so something like:

Monday: Shoulders/Biceps
Tuesday: Skip or light cardio + abs
Wednesday: Legs/Back
Thursday: Skip
Friday: Chest/Triceps
Saturday: Light cardio +abs
Sunday: OFF

It's completely up to you but I would one day off lifting in between workouts.

My workout routine is basically the same, but I workout my abs Monday-Friday and rest them on the weekend, and I do cardio almost every other day.

dont workout the same muscles on consecutive days.
do 5x5's of big muscle groups
use real exercises (squats, deads, bench, mil press)
eat a surplus of calories.
utilize protein shakes and creatine

Finally, the only post i've ever seen on WF related to working out that is actually legit.

Do Strong Lifts or MadCow 5x5 or any variations of 5x5. Have fun.

And - stay away from smith machines ... do your dead lifts, squats, and benches.

Best 3 Diets:
the best and fastest "FAT" loss diets are Ketosis+EC Stack. Or CKD with EC Stack or an IF diet like Leangains. All while maintaining the perfect calorie amount.

I personally don't use EC Stack, but i do use oxyelitepro from time to time.

You can still BULK on the last two diets, i hear IF is an amazing bulking diet.

While I agree Ketosis OR EC Stack (Not both at the same time for someone out of shape like OP.) is a good way to drop fat, getting stronger first is the priority. That's why Starting Strength along with a caloric excess is a much easier way to get it going.

and don't forget to stretch stretch and stretch some more

funny-pictures-cat-gives-you-instructions-on-yoga.jpg

no matter when you start..start slowly with little warm up and weight and then increase day by day..you can pump up your body..

Like everyone else said, take it slow.

When I was out of shape, I would watch Rocky clips on youtube and get motivated as hell. I'd wake up at 6 AM every morning to go running, do pushups, and pullups until I collapsed. I literally listened to "Till i collapse - eminem" on my ipod while doing all the exercising. After a week I got pretty fucking exhausted and sore, so I gave up.

Currently, I am really unfit.

But for reals, take it slow and don't try to do too much like I did.
One of my friends goes to the gym everyday and lifts the some of the smallest weights. I'm talking 10-15 lb weights. But he's super buff (no homes), and it's all thanks to repetition and lifting those 10-15 lb weights hundreds of times repeatedly.

Most people who go to the gym don't wanna look like pussies and wanna lift the heavy shit. Sure, you can do a few repetitions of that, but it won't mean shit when you get all tired out fast.

Not sure how Skinny guys find it difficult to gain weight. lol.
I just need a weekend of beer, ribs and steak to gain like 10 pounds.
Did I mention Beer, Ribs, Steak, Cheese? Burger, Soda, Guacs and Chips, Fries, Frozen Custard, Burritto Bol with lots of Cheese and Rice, Beer, Ribs, Steak, Pancakes, Chowder, Fried platter of sea food, KFC.... Is that so difficult????