Sorry, your account has been disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor

Sep 30, 2007
I just got this message while trying to log into Gmail. I'm about to freak out because I use this email address for everything. Plus, my sole source of income is from Adsense.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch...

That's fucking freaky... as a pre-caution, always forward your email to a secondary account....

Are your adsense ads still active, or are they displaying PSAs?

You know, I created a Google Gadget and some psycho kept rating mine low and saying it had a virus to scare people, which it obviously did not. I think he thought I rated his gadget low or something. I bet this has something to do with that.

If I don't get my account back, I'm going to go postal...

I don't. Try to login through TOR. See if you can login under another IP. Call someone you trust and ask them to login for you.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you never ever, ever use a 3rd party as your primary email address. NEVER. You have no control over it.

You're learning a hard lesson.

That sucks. It's a good idea to back up your gmail on a regular basis.

I don't think there's a way that a third party is not your primary email address unless you happen to be a registrar.

God, I feel like I'm going to puke...

I'm expecting emails for graduate school admission. This couldn't have happened at a worse time.

I don't. Try to login through TOR. See if you can login under another IP. Call someone you trust and ask them to login for you.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you never ever, ever use a 3rd party as your primary email address. NEVER. You have no control over it.

You're learning a hard lesson.

What do you recommend we do for primary email? Are you saying we should use a private server that we own. Or is there some other way to protect ourselves?

happened to me a couple of weeks ago, no idea why. Could log in through a proxy in basic format, but a couple of days went by and everything was back to normal.

You know there are threads on wf that make me feel very uncomfortable and slightly queasy inside. This is one of them.

PSU4life said what I was going to say...really everything is a third party. Even a domain can be shut down, hosting shut down...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.