Solitary Confinement for Gradeschoolers

the problem is the teachers arent allowed to even touch the kids so if they are being brats they have to lock them in a box like this. if you think back to years ago if you were being a little shit in school they would just beat your ass

It sounds like you advocate for bringing back child beating as a form of discipline in the school system.

Am I right?

lol public schools

I remember in 1st grade being put in time out because I had a peanut allergy. Didn't stay in the public school system much longer after that.

The idea is that they get a few minutes to work off some of this energy

How thoughtful and nice of the prison syst, er, I mean school system to create a room specifically to allow their prisone, er, I mean students to vent their frustration from being held captive against their will.

and then they get their asses back into class and behave themselves.

Damn right, stupid peon sub-human-inferior-age-being mother fuckers, fuck their preferences.

LOL.jpg

How thoughtful and nice of the prison syst, er, I mean school system to create a room specifically to allow their prisone, er, I mean students to vent their frustration from being held captive against their will.

Damn right, stupid peon sub-human mother fuckers, fuck their preferences.. LOLS

I fail to see how a room used by special education teachers translates to "the system is teaching our children to become comfortably incapacitated."

You mean to say that the intent of a few public school systems that are using this method as a disciplinary tool for mentally handicapped children is to cater to some underlying agenda of grooming our future generation of mentally challenged adults to become willful prisoners?

Well, school is like prison. It's a twelve-year sentence.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Twelve-Year-Sentence-William-Rickenbacker/dp/0875481523]The Twelve-Year Sentence: William F. Rickenbacker, Institute for Humane Studies, Center for Independent Education: 9780875481524: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Ben Swann was homes-schooled 3 hours a day and graduated high school at age 11. That shows you how inefficient the system is.

It sounds like you advocate for bringing back child beating as a form of discipline in the school system.

Am I right?

Can't deny that the strap worked!

During my 6 years of elementary, I only heard of it being used maybe a dozen or little more times. Nonetheless, the fear of it being brought out was all it took to get the majority of us in line.

Can't deny that the strap worked!

During my 6 years of elementary, I only heard of it being used maybe a dozen or little more times. Nonetheless, the fear of it being brought out was all it took to get the majority of us in line.

Oh no, I agree to an extent that physical discipline can work, but it's rarely more effective than other methods. I spank my children, but only under few circumstances. Physical pain sends a traumatic message, and there are only a few instances where I believe that trauma is necessary (i.e. if a child does something that could get him killed accidentally, trauma will reinforce the message very quickly and more permanently).

But again, in context we're talking about mentally handicapped children. I don't know if my pain theory applies in this situation because typically following a spanking comes a discussion about the problem and a future solution. Some special educators have kids they can do this with and others that they cannot.

Damn right, stupid peon sub-human-inferior-age-being mother fuckers, fuck their preferences.

I'll agree public schools are like prisons. I got in trouble when I was in 4th or 5th grade for writing a quote on the chalkboard. The teacher asked everyone to go up and write one of their favorite quotes. Mine was "Like lambs to the slaughter kids go to school. -- <my name>". I also referred to the teacher as a judas goat, but I forget the exact verbiage. The teacher got so mad she sent me to the office. I expected her to a little upset, but I didn't expect the amount of trouble I got in. That reaffirmed what I already believed. That they weren't there to teach us. At that age I wasn't fully aware of what it was they were doing, but I was smart enough to realize it wasn't good.

Not sure about the mentally handicapped. Will ask my sister-in-law next time we find each other on Skype. She worked for a few years at a school daily with disabled kids. Really loving lady though, so I'm guessing wouldn't agree with this.

Never know though, because I know sometimes she'd come home with puke all over her shirt, a bloody nose, etc. Sometimes I guess the kids would get completely out of control, so you'd have to try and restrain them by their arms, but then they'd start head butting you, etc. What do you do, eh? Can't kick them out because they need an education, and can't give them drugs because that's the worst thing you can do.

I'll agree public schools are like prisons. I got in trouble when I was in 4th or 5th grade for writing a quote on the chalkboard. The teacher asked everyone to go up and write one of their favorite quotes. Mine was "Like lambs to the slaughter kids go to school. -- <my name>". I also referred to the teacher as a judas goat, but I forget the exact verbiage. The teacher got so mad she sent me to the office. I expected her to a little upset, but I didn't expect the amount of trouble I got in. That reaffirmed what I already believed. That they weren't there to teach us. At that age I wasn't fully aware of what it was they were doing, but I was smart enough to realize it wasn't good.
Yup!

480147_4335943711298_943819821_n.jpg

Not sure about the mentally handicapped. Will ask my sister-in-law next time we find each other on Skype. She worked for a few years at a school daily with disabled kids. Really loving lady though, so I'm guessing wouldn't agree with this.

Never know though, because I know sometimes she'd come home with puke all over her shirt, a bloody nose, etc. Sometimes I guess the kids would get completely out of control, so you'd have to try and restrain them by their arms, but then they'd start head butting you, etc. What do you do, eh? Can't kick them out because they need an education, and can't give them drugs because that's the worst thing you can do.

Yah, and that's the argument here is that I think few people understand what it's like to raise children muchless raising children with severe behavioral differences that vary significantly from one child to the next all in a single class.

And then people come out and try to tie it to government conditioning, and I just don't see it. It's irritating the things people will deduce out of their own ignorance. At least consider the possibility that you don't understand the situation the same way an internet marketer struggles to explain the climate of the search industry to his or her parents.

Edit: And this isn't to say that I don't believe that the government employs conditioning, and that other arguments within similiar realms aren't valid. But this is a poor example of, for example, Dreamache's overall argument and does more to discredit his argument than bring about reasonable evidence to support his cause.

You mean to say that the intent of a few public school systems that are using this method as a disciplinary tool for mentally handicapped children is to cater to some underlying agenda of grooming our future generation of mentally challenged adults to become willful prisoners?

I'm saying it's just another example, see my previous post for the other similarities between the school system and prisons.

I'm saying it's just another example, see my previous post for the other similarities between the school system and prisons.

And I think it's a misinterpreted example, thus a poor example.

I'm not arguing the similarities between the institutions. I'm frustrated because I want to listen, reasonably, to the things that you and guerilla say, and then points like this are brought about and lead me to wonder if your content is really a source worth considering.

Edit: And it's one thing to over analyze or to simply make an error, but I just feel like this is a fanatical error to make, not just some easy error that any reasonable man can accidentally make.

And I think it's a misinterpreted example, thus a poor example.

I'm not arguing the similarities between the institutions. I'm frustrated because I want to listen, reasonably, to the things that you and guerilla say, and then points like this are brought about and lead me to wonder if your content is really a source worth considering.

I'll reiterate my position more clearly..

When I responded to potentialeight, I made the mistake of assuming the seclusion rooms he was referring to were meant for any student (not just the handicap). My bad.

None the less, that still doesn't change my position. The last thing a human being needs, of any mental status is forced isolation. They likely didn't create these "seclusion rooms" out of some sort of intentional plot to suppress the mentally handicapped, but the environment of forcefully grouping together children and treating them similar to prisoners certainly did. The way these teachers and principals were groomed is to look at these children largely as inferiors who are meant to be disciplined and whose individual needs aren't too important. It's that type of mentality, which I believe is an intentional government directed agenda, that can lead to these types of decisions.

I can sympathize with special needs teachers, I'm sure they have to put up with a lot of shit, and a seclusion room is an easy answer. Just lock the fuckers away, but it's still not right. If families weren't taxed to death, they might be able to afford the time to keep these children at home and away from public schools (handicapped or not).

Yes amazing how powerful violence is in controlling people.

And tends to stick with many of them for life.

When I responded to potentialeight, I made the mistake of assuming the seclusion rooms he was referring to were meant for any student (not just the handicap). My bad.

That does help to clarify.

They likely didn't create these "seclusion rooms" out of some sort of intentional plot to suppress the mentally handicapped, but the environment of forcefully grouping together children and treating them similar to prisoners certainly did.

And this is essentially where my argument maintains. I get it. Your beliefs have been long-defined and now you rarely, if ever, give the government the benefit of the doubt. So assumptions are made that trivial things, like a time-out room in a public school system, has an underlying theme to it. And it's those seemingly insignificant inaccuracies that drive me away from forward thinkers like yourself.

I'm frustrated because I want to listen, reasonably, to the things that you and guerilla say, and then points like this are brought about and lead me to wonder if your content is really a source worth considering.
To me, it's a no-brainer that locking kids in isolation like they do with prisoners in jail is a bad idea.

That they do it to handicapped kids makes me furious.

Others may feel differently.

To me, it's a no-brainer that locking kids in isolation like they do with prisoners in jail is a bad idea.

That they do it to handicapped kids makes me furious.

Others may feel differently.

I just think that assuming or calling it a "no-brainer" is oversimplifying a contraversial solution to a challenging problem. Someone on the opposing side might ask you what your solution would be to correcting the behavior, regardless of who and where it took place.

But I'm not arguing the morality of it, I'm just annoyed over the implications some people have made about it.