So. Very. Pissed.

Sharksfan

May 28, 2009
WI
My hosting has been down for 24 hours.

I have not had an update from the vendor in 10+ hours and the last thing I heard was essentially "Oh - it still doesn't work?"

It's a VPS...and the owners are WF members.....

No answer on the tech support #....

No answer in direct email to the two owners....

I am starting to get worried.

That sucks, which provider? So we know what to avoid. And don't they have a phone number or physical address? E-mails are way to easy to skip, and they might possibly be getting hundreds of e-mails right now from other people having the same problem.

If you have another hosting provider, and you have backup, and your domain names are hosting externally (like namecheap) you could consider uploading your sites (or just the most important ones) to the other hosting provider and temporarily changing the dns of the domain names to point to the temporary location.

Or just switch already..

Fuck man get out of there. Businesses and millions have been made and lost in 24 hours.

I did get an email response immediately after posting this.

I thought about outing them before this but I'm not a fan of blackmail. I've worked in enterprise software that was supposedly backed up in every way imaginable and still had it fail for two days straight.

I will say that if someone is considering any particular VPS they should definitely check into it and ask for references from people on here.

Dowtime sucks, especially when you are paying for traffic. Anything over an hour in downtime is unacceptable imo.

We just got notice of this thread. Let me just say this, what we are experiencing is on a datacenter level. Their backup system they had in place has caused significant loading errors. The cronjobs they have setup to backup gigs of data at every minute of every hour and this is where the problem lies. Aside from this there have been no major issues. Now if you feel you must "out us" or you are not satisfied with our support, you are more then welcome to find a host that will meet your needs.

Now if you feel you must "out us" or you are not satisfied with our support, you are more then welcome to find a host that will meet your needs.

No, this is incorrect. Let's try again:

how real customer service works said:
We are very sorry you had to resort to posting here to call attention to this issue, and will do everything in our power to ensure it doesnt happen again and that you are completely satisfied. I have credited you one free month and personally emailed you regarding this matter, we want to keep you a customer for life and truly appreciate your business.