sharing fb knowledge

Rancor13

Chuuurrrp
Feb 27, 2008
I've still got lots to learn in terms of advertising on Facebook, however over the past 6-7 months I've been having great success and have learned quite a few things. I've learned multiple things from WF over since I've been here and I would like to give back.

If anyone has questions about advertising a campaign on facebook successfully I could possibly provide some insight depending on the question.

Here is a little of my history with FB (nothing to call home about, I know) but perhaps may add some validation to my responses.

0x57Uh1.png

Happy new year and lets all crush 2014!

Reactions: blogginginc

ill be the first to post

1. how much did you profit from your $1.3 mil spend?

2. niche? im not really asking you to out since really broad categories like health, gaming, or targeting black people doesnt out anything, but im curious in how your niche relates to your ROI

and

3. how could you possibly learn more about advertising on fb? it's a pretty simple ad system which is what makes it beast

ill be the first to post

1. how much did you profit from your $1.3 mil spend?

Off that spend we generated $2.1 mill+ revenue

2. niche? im not really asking you to out since really broad categories like health, gaming, or targeting black people doesnt out anything, but im curious in how your niche relates to your ROI

I've had incredible success in gaming in various international countries, and lead gen here in the US. (EDU,SSDI,etc)

and

3. how could you possibly learn more about advertising on fb? it's a pretty simple ad system which is what makes it beast

The system is fairly simple, I totally agree with you. Understanding how to take advantage of the consumer/customer OUTSIDE of Facebook has proven to be something I can always learn more about.

I've also ran ads that yield high CTR and low CPC but the website clicks are more expensive then a lower CTR ad. So it's more of learning the ins and ins and what works specifically for your particular campaign.

Do you do any B2B? If so do you have any tips on marketing B2B services? My most recent thing is going after personal trainers.

Thanks for any input.

My advice

Workplace targeting. Create your ads specific to each work place. Examples could be Golds Gym, 24 Hour Fitness, Planet Fitness, etc.

So your ad title could say something like Work for 24/Fitness?

Click here and learn how you could triple your personal training revenue! --> lead to your LP. Cater your LP towards each work place.

This could also work for webinars and building e-mail list as well.

Really all I'm doing with these FB ads for the B2B stuff is collecting emails. Thanks.

What kind of freebies do you typically give away for emails? Just ebooks? Like to see the rest of a video?

Rest of the video, access to the "private" webinar, a infographic..., some "secret" tip...

Any tips on surveying or finding out what vids, graphics, ebooks to make for your target demographic?

tbh, if you need help there do you really think you're going to be able to sell a product geared towards these people?

Think about it...

Find stuff that could help your product / service serve it's purpose.

What about this...

When a personal trainer opts into your e-mail list you can give them a "Diet Template" that they can print out and fill in CUSTOM TO THEIR OWN CLIENTS. Does that make sense? So you're giving them tools to be successful.

tbh, if you need help there do you really think you're going to be able to sell a product geared towards these people?

Think about it...

Find stuff that could help your product / service serve it's purpose.

What about this...

When a personal trainer opts into your e-mail list you can give them a "Diet Template" that they can print out and fill in CUSTOM TO THEIR OWN CLIENTS. Does that make sense? So you're giving them tools to be successful.

Yea that's a given, I surveyed to find out where to make the software. I guess I was interested in getting very specific in finding out if they wanted (for example) a diet template or if they care more about a tool on tracking workouts.

Another question, since no one else is asking, how long do you typically make videos for FB (on average)?

Thanks

more then a personal trainer they are a salesman. Give them tools to help them land their sale and you will be a hero.

So remember... each person using a personal training has a specific goal and the approach may be different on case by case basis. So what if when someone opted into your e-mail list you gave them a printable PDF that they could fill in all of their personal contact info on and then each day go and put in a new clients specific custom work out plan. They could also include work outs on the calendar, client goal list, and supplement recommendations.

You could probably fit the frame for that on a single sheet of paper, and offer that as your "gift" for signing up to the e-mail list. I would think personal trainings would like something like that... all the work is mostly done for them.

As far as the video question goes... I usually don't use videos in my ads, I'll load them on the landing page them selves. I've been taking advantage of strict newsfeed advertising lately.

Hey Rancor13, I've never really tried to use FB as a marketing platform, but I do have some basic questions:

How much $$$ would you recommend allocating for a test campaign? You know, testing the waters and figuring out which creatives, angles, or offers work before going hard?

Do you prefer starting with CPC or CPM?

Lastly, do you have any resources that you could share with ppl like me who know almost dick about PPC or more specifically facebook advertising?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I've always been interested in using FB as a marketing platform.

Are you an affiliate or do you market your own products or what?

Do you use the normal CPC bid option, or something else?

How many different campaigns are included in that $1.3m and how long did it take you to spend that much (year?, 3 years?)?

Are you an affiliate or do you market your own products or what?

Do you use the normal CPC bid option, or something else?

How many different campaigns are included in that $1.3m and how long did it take you to spend that much (year?, 3 years?)?

80% affiliate, I have worked with local dentists (which I have incredible strat for)

100% use CPC bidding, works better for CPA offers.

That was about 8-10 different campaigns over a 7 month span. Several of those campaigns are still successful and running as we speak.

Rep+ and subbed.
Question: Big mistakes to avoid with your first FB campaign?

Hey Rancor13, I've never really tried to use FB as a marketing platform, but I do have some basic questions:

How much $$$ would you recommend allocating for a test campaign? You know, testing the waters and figuring out which creatives, angles, or offers work before going hard?

Do you prefer starting with CPC or CPM?

Lastly, do you have any resources that you could share with ppl like me who know almost dick about PPC or more specifically facebook advertising?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I've always been interested in using FB as a marketing platform.

since OP didn't answer:

stackthatmoney is the best resource to use if you want to start doing facebook ads.

figuring out how much $$ to use for a test campaign is an irrelevant question imo. to test the entire fb ads system i'd recommend spending at least $1k to be thoroughly comfortable with the ins and outs of the system.

after that, it doesn't really matter how much $$ you use to test because if you sell value (provided you have an eye-catching ad and a well-written sales page) and you know that your target demographic is interested in your offer, then it's almost 100% likely you'll be profitable.

for example, if you target people who like halo 4 and use a hyped up sales page to sell them an ebook on how to make money playing halo, then your clicks will be dirt cheap due to high CTR and you're guaranteed to make sales because of how targeted and specific your offer is. you can twist this method to fit 1000 other campaign ideas and have very long lasting campaigns.

GL bro

Rep+ and subbed.
Question: Big mistakes to avoid with your first FB campaign?

underestimating how quickly increasing your spend significantly can burn your wallet if you're not prepared.

Another thing I realized I was doing at one point was trying to hard on my ads. When I "dumbed" down my ad copy it was surprising to see how much better they did. I guess it depends on your offer but anything you initially think WONT work... try.. because I've proven myself wrong multiple times.

since OP didn't answer:

stackthatmoney is the best resource to use if you want to start doing facebook ads.

figuring out how much $$ to use for a test campaign is an irrelevant question imo. to test the entire fb ads system i'd recommend spending at least $1k to be thoroughly comfortable with the ins and outs of the system.

after that, it doesn't really matter how much $$ you use to test because if you sell value (provided you have an eye-catching ad and a well-written sales page) and you know that your target demographic is interested in your offer, then it's almost 100% likely you'll be profitable.

for example, if you target people who like halo 4 and use a hyped up sales page to sell them an ebook on how to make money playing halo, then your clicks will be dirt cheap due to high CTR and you're guaranteed to make sales because of how targeted and specific your offer is. you can twist this method to fit 1000 other campaign ideas and have very long lasting campaigns.

GL bro

sorry I missed the question but gbmack gave a great response