Scrapebox API

Status
Not open for further replies.
By default Scrapebox API will attempt to run as fast as possible, but the speed at which ScrapeBox will respond is computer dependent, so it becomes a balancing act.

If there are still problems after adjusting the timeouts, either post or PM/email me the script your using and the commands that are failing and I'll take a look.

acidie

Thanks I'll give it a try!

I’ve made some updates to Scapebox API, added dynamic detection of certain aspects of ScrapeBox and some backend server stuff.

Also I should point out that while I include SendJSON in the zip, Scrapebox API is not limited to receiving commands from it (I include it because it makes debugging scripts easier). Any scripting language or software that can send HTTP requests can communicate with Scrapebox API, for instance CURL could be used to send commands.

Code:
curl -d "{'Commands':[{'Harverster.KeywordScraper':[{'SetKeywords':'test\r\ntest2'},'Scrape','RemoveDuplicates','AddToMainList' ]}],'Authentication':'VFDLt<JAQsvvaU#e:MXktLCOEJZo>]Nx','SessionToken': '87894654'}" http://localhost:1337/scrapeboxapi/v2/

And lastly I’m looking for people who can give me feedback on the software, what works and what doesn’t, etc, basically beta test it and for helping me I’ll give you a free licence for life. Cool right? Considering an entire business could be built of a single licence, it more than cool, its super mega happy cool.

I don’t expect detailed, 500 page error reports, just regular feedback and information about any bugs that come up. You know, the standard "I tried to do this and it crapped out".

Drop me a line if you’re interested.

acidie

I’ve made some updates to Scapebox API, added dynamic detection of certain aspects of ScrapeBox and some backend server stuff.

Also I should point out that while I include SendJSON in the zip, Scrapebox API is not limited to receiving commands from it (I include it because it makes debugging scripts easier). Any scripting language or software that can send HTTP requests can communicate with Scrapebox API, for instance CURL could be used to send commands.

Code:
curl -d "{'Commands':[{'Harverster.KeywordScraper':[{'SetKeywords':'test\r\ntest2'},'Scrape','RemoveDuplicates','AddToMainList' ]}],'Authentication':'VFDLt<JAQsvvaU#e:MXktLCOEJZo>]Nx','SessionToken': '87894654'}" http://localhost:1337/scrapeboxapi/v2/
And lastly I’m looking for people who can give me feedback on the software, what works and what doesn’t, etc, basically beta test it and for helping me I’ll give you a free licence for life. Cool right? Considering an entire business could be built of a single licence, it more than cool, its super mega happy cool.

I don’t expect detailed, 500 page error reports, just regular feedback and information about any bugs that come up. You know, the standard "I tried to do this and it crapped out".

acidie

I am capable of sending JSON requests over HTTP and own scrapebox, would be very interested :)

Just a quick update,

I have added support for;

Harverster.MergeFootprint
ManageLists.SplitDuplicateDomains
ManageLists.RemoveUrlsContainingEntries
ManageLists.RemoveUrlsNotContainingEntries
ManageLists.RemoveUrlsLongerThan.

Adding support for the rest of the commands in ManageLists today then I'm working on having full 100% support for all commands within a week.

Then the priority is to add plugin support for Blog Analyzer and Outbound Link Checker.

Would love to hear what people think so far? Good? Bad? Shit? Tell me, I can take it :)

acidie

Code:

acidie

I'd be interested in being a BETA tester for ya... Send me a PM.

I have just released an update to Scrapebox API which fixes a critical bug. Some dialog's (open, save, etc) were suffering timeouts, this issue should be fixed now and the updated version of Scrapebox API is available for download.

acidie

Did you resolve the problem? Or is it still happening?

acidie

Thanks for the update! I'm not having the problem anymore.

I did have a small problem today however. I started a new harvesting session. And after it scraped the keywords it was supposed to harvest URLS from the search engine. Scrapebox came up with a dialog box saying that I had not tested my proxies. (I have private proxies, so i never test them anymore.) The API was unable to press "yes" in the box, so it paused the process. I was at my computer and went ahead and pressed yes and the rest of the process continued with no problems.

I'm also interested in being a beta tester for you, I think this product has a lot of potential if all the bugs are fixed!

I did have a small problem today however. I started a new harvesting session. And after it scraped the keywords it was supposed to harvest URLS from the search engine. Scrapebox came up with a dialog box saying that I had not tested my proxies. (I have private proxies, so i never test them anymore.) The API was unable to press "yes" in the box, so it paused the process. I was at my computer and went ahead and pressed yes and the rest of the process continued with no problems.

Thanks for the bug report, this problem has now been fixed.

I'm also interested in being a beta tester for you, I think this product has a lot of potential if all the bugs are fixed!

I already consider you a beta tester since you have already been submitting error reports :)

acidie

Quick update, added the following commands;

• EnginesProxies.Load
  • EnginesProxies.Save
  • EnginesProxies.MarkSocksProxies
  • EnginesProxies.MarkNonSocksProxies
  • ManageLists.SelectUrlListToCompare
  • ManageLists.SelectUrlListToCompareDomain
  • ManageLists.ExportAsTextAndSplit
  • ManageLists.ExportAsTextAndRandomize
  • ManageLists.ExportAsHtml
  • ManageLists.ExportAsExcel
  • ManageLists.ExportPrAsCsv
  • ManageLists.ExportPrAsHtml
  • ManageLists.ExportPrAsExcel
  • ManageLists.ExportIndexed
  • ManageLists.ExportNotIndexed

And a squashed a few more bugs I found.

Last edited:
Quick update, added the following commands;

• EnginesProxies.Load
  • EnginesProxies.Save
  • EnginesProxies.MarkSocksProxies
  • EnginesProxies.MarkNonSocksProxies

And a squashed a few more bugs I found.

Adding the ability to load proxies from a file is a major boost. Just tested and it works perfectly. Thanks, this just keeps getting better and better!!!

Quick update;

Yesterday I discovered a bug that prevented Scrapebox API from properly discovering ScrapeBox, this has now been fixed and all is well in the world. Sorry for the inconvenience that may have been suffered yesterday.

Added support for the following commands;

• EnginesProxies.Time
  • CommentPoster.PingMode
  • CommentPoster.Rss
  • CommentPoster.TrackBacks

Support for 'Slow Poster' and 'Check Links' in Comment Poster coming up next.

acidie

Ok some big updates;

Firstly the bug causing timeouts should well and truly be dead. I updated the dynamic detection code to better handle ScrapeBox.

Secondly I have changed the name of a few commands;

CommentPoster.PingMode -> CommentPoster.SetPingMode
CommentPoster.Rss -> CommentPoster.SetRss
CommentPoster.TrackBacks -> CommentPoster.SetTrackBacks
CommentPoster.FastPoster -> CommentPoster.SetFastPoster
CommentPoster.CheckLinks -> CommentPoster.SetCheckLinks

I have added new commands;

• CommentPoster.Start (see notes)
  • CommentPoster.ExportAll
  • CommentPoster.ExportPosted
  • CommentPoster.ExportPostedAddToList
  • CommentPoster.ExportFailed
  • CommentPoster.ExportCaptcha
  • CommentPoster.ExportErrorLog

Note: with regards to CommentPoster.Start, this will instruct Scrapebox API to dynamically detect the mode Scrapebox is in and start posting. Scrapebox API makes no assumptions about whether you actually wanted the current mode or not, so if you forget to add a command to change the mode, then Scrapebox API will begin processing the wrong mode and this can potentially cause ScrpaeBox to throw errors (especially trackback mode vs any other mode, since the file structure ScrapeBox expects are different).

For example, say your posting using fast poster and you issue the following commands;

CommentPoster.SetFastPoster (set mode to fast poster)
CommentPoster.Open1 (loading the appropriate files for fast poster mode)
CommentPoster.Open2
CommentPoster.Open3
CommentPoster.Open4
CommentPoster.Open5
CommentPoster.Start (starts posting in fast poster mode)

This would work fine, but if you wanted to then post using trackbacks and you forget to change the mode and issued the following;

CommentPoster.Open3 (loading the appropriate files for track back mode)
CommentPoster.Open4
CommentPoster.Open5
CommentPoster.Start <-- Scrapebox API will detect it's in FastPoster mode but abort because the files cause ScrapeBox to throw errors.

The golden rule is to always set the mode you want before starting comment poster.

I know this is obvious to you all, but this has fucked me up numerous occasions debugging test scripts and I wrote the fucking program :p

acidie

Because I have added a new option to the config file Scrapebox API will ask you to activate it again. You can either activate again or wait about 30 minutes (from the time of this post) and I will release a version that will auto upgrade the config file.

acidie

Because I have added a new option to the config file Scrapebox API will ask you to activate it again. You can either activate again or wait about 30 minutes (from the time of this post) and I will release a version that will auto upgrade the config file.

acidie

This has been fixed

Hello WF,

This is my first post here, i recently picked up this project from acidie. We have built a new user interface for the API and made a few minor updates.

Anyone who was using the orginal API acidie made please feel free to contact me to get the latest version, get support, make suggestions ect.

Please remember if you PM me I'm still new here so I may not be able to PM back so please leave your contact info like email or skype to get in touch.

Thanks guys, looking forward to being apart of your community here.

Please remember if you PM me I'm still new here so I may not be able to PM back so please leave your contact info like email or skype to get in touch.

Post around some and that won't be an issue.

Thanks guys, looking forward to being apart of your community here.

Glad to have you .. I do need to mention that you're not going to be able to run a sales from here, SBT is where you want to look if that's your intentions ... the rules have changed a bit since this thread was launched.

No harm, no foul. Just read the stickies before jumping in, we're set up like a mine field.

Going to go ahead and close this thread. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.