rss scraping and 'auto blogging'

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problemo!

thydot you need to be carfeul with what feeds you pick. The problem with autoblog is you can't really filter anything unlike wp-o-matic, but wp-o-matic doesn't give creditation to the original author. Someone should meld the two together. hmmmm.....

As for the posting thing, wp-autoblog searches for new posts on your feed everytime someone visits your blog.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work folks!

Just want to say thanks for an awesome thread - think this is the 2nd time I've read it so far and I'm just about just jump head first into autoblogs - eeek! I've got a feeling that they won't make a lot of cash but enough to allow me to plough it into other ventures.

Bam Bam, you mentioned Pingoat earlier on in the thread? On their site it says that it's not out yet or something, how did you manage to get hold of it?

What program do you suggest to do mass installs on sub-domains? I used bam-bams' script to setup WP, and now I want to find a program (preferably free) that will install it on my sub-domains. How about www.wp-installer.com ?

How many blogs/sub-domains do you think is too much on shared hosting? I'm using about 5-10 feeds per autoblog.

Thanks

i'm missing something...

if you are using wp-o-matic when should your blogs be auto updating?

is it when a user visits your site or automatically throughout the day?

If wp-autoblog automatically pings the blog lists everytime it posts, surely you're very quickly going to get your sites banned from them?

The couple of test sites i have set up are pulling in a few hundred posts a day... aren't blog list sites are going to ban you when they see that many pings?

(Not sure if that is a lot of posts in a day? I suppose it depends on how many other blogs there are)

I'm using wpmu and an edited template by the way.

I've had one or two autoblogs running for nearly 2 months and i've had no problems so far. $250 and counting!

bam, do your feeds has full content?
I was trying to find a way to get the full content, including images, to make my page look less spammy.
But the full content usually has the author's name, will it make the page actually more spammy?

I have the same problem is there a fix for this?

have you or anyone heard of wordpress mu having hard time installing on 1and1 host?

Does 1and1 have cpanel/WHM access? If so take a look at this tutorial of how to install MU. Takes you through step by step. You have to email tech support to edit one file but it shouldn't take long for a reply. I've set up two of my domains via this method.

Installing WordPress MU on a CPanel/WHM Server - Blogopreneur.com

WP MU is pretty impressive. Only have to install theme/plugins once then you have access to them every sub blog you set up.

Let me know if you have any problems

This one is the correct one....

These feeds work with Autoblog, but WPoMatic don't like them. I tried http:, feed: still no good. I'm going to try the OPML import.

Also, why are we using both plugins? They seem to serve the same purpose, except one has more options. Or did I miss something?

Thanks
HH

PS: Props for the thread

Does 1and1 have cpanel/WHM access? If so take a look at this tutorial of how to install MU. Takes you through step by step. You have to email tech support to edit one file but it shouldn't take long for a reply. I've set up two of my domains via this method.

Installing WordPress MU on a CPanel/WHM Server - Blogopreneur.com

WP MU is pretty impressive. Only have to install theme/plugins once then you have access to them every sub blog you set up.

Let me know if you have any problems

Thanks for the help but I worked through it, the problem is "1and1" says they do not support "wildcard" or "catch all" for subdomains you have to create them by hand at least on the shared server I'm using. I can get the install to work and it creates new blogs but you can not access them.

zt68hd.jpg

Today is a good day.

I now have 7 RSS Scrape & Blog sites working, should start to see some better results soon!

$4 cpm average from Google...pretty killer.

Anyone here ever had their adsense banned when placed on an autoblog?

I think so... got an old one that's been ticking away for months, checked it recently and no ads showing.

No notification or anything, just no adsense showing on this blog.

Only had my autoblogs running for a couple of days and wham got an email saying I had to remove certain content - I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of thing, should stick to white hat stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.