Rehab

Rehab is a terrible idea, you're with a bunch of other druggies focusing on whatever you're quitting.

Best way is to go visit someone, a relative preferably, who lives in the country for a few weeks/month. Somewhere you don't know anyone and won't have access.

Rehab is a terrible idea, you're with a bunch of other druggies focusing on whatever you're quitting.

Best way is to go visit someone, a relative preferably, who lives in the country for a few weeks/month. Somewhere you don't know anyone and won't have access.

Yep, distance yourself from anyone with substance abuse. I quit for 2 years and had to abandon most of my "friends".

I drink now, but not with them, they weren't my friends, they were drinking buddies.

Now I drink with my real ones.

Yep, distance yourself from anyone with substance abuse. I quit for 2 years and had to abandon most of my "friends".

I drink now, but not with them, they weren't my friends, they were drinking buddies.

Now I drink with my real ones.

I left town for 2 months and when I came back everyone was dead or in jail, problem solved.

While I was away I volunteered for the red cross and while deployed met my gf I've been with for 10 years since. She's never even smoked pot, is super successful, etc.

Did outpatient.

Wasn't good for anything except getting with easy sloots. Wasn't even a legit addict, either. Just young and reckless.

Not to dissuade you. That was just my experience. But I have immediate family and several close friends who've been in and out of rehab multiple times. And I've been around heavy drug use/addiction for the past several years. So I might have a little insight.

The truth is, rehab only works if you desperately want it to work. It's not a magic bullet solution to anything. And really, its main purpose is to:
  1. Temporarily get you away from "friends" and connections who enable and fuel your addition.
  2. Let you detox in peace.
  3. Introduce you to the 12 Step Program while surrounded by ppl who can relate to your struggle.

The REAL recovery process occurs after you're out. Daily NA/AA meetings, residency at an Oxford house, plenty of self-help books, and isolation from negative influences are essential if you're a serious addict.

The only folks I've seen make it long-term are the ones who understand they're at war and act accordingly.

Take some LSD, you'll be so grateful to have your sanity back when it wears off that you won't want to touch another drug again.

Are you fucking serious? This is the reason you couldn't go see your dad? I truly hope this is your rock bottom. You need to get your ass to the clinic right the fuck now. Stop looking for reasons to not go (this thread), and find a way to get checked in ASAP!

OP don't waste money on rehab. Aquire a time machine, go back to 2004, spam myspace, and party like its 1999.

Are you fucking serious? This is the reason you couldn't go see your dad? I truly hope this is your rock bottom. You need to get your ass to the clinic right the fuck now. Stop looking for reasons to not go (this thread), and find a way to get checked in ASAP!

I don't know anything about OP - so probably wrong - but from the recent posts it seems more likely that his dad wasn't sick. It's more likely that he took money from WickedFire idiots so that he could fund his addiction.

I don't know anything about OP - so probably wrong - but from the recent posts it seems more likely that his dad wasn't sick. It's more likely that he took money from WickedFire idiots so that he could fund his addiction.

Not true. I didn't take any money from anyone. I was drunk when I posted that, and he really is sick, but recovering now. I was drunk when I posted this also.

srs reply for a worst case scenario:

if you've been drinking for quite some time don't quit cold turkey on your own in some motel room. Hangover will last several days and not only it's a nightmare but it may literally kill you.

Go somewhere where they will help you detox and where medical personnel is close, at least for a couple of days. Once you are clean staying clean will be easy cuz life is great.

srs reply for a worst case scenario:

if you've been drinking for quite some time don't quit cold turkey on your own in some motel room. Hangover will last several days and not only it's a nightmare but it may literally kill you.

Go somewhere where they will help you detox and where medical personnel is close, at least for a couple of days. Once you are clean staying clean will be easy cuz life is great.

It depends how heavily you have been drinking. I've had problems with substance abuse in the past and drinking. But the thing is, stopping drinking won't kill you (I'm not a doctor, just my opinion).

That's why when doctors say "Are you sure you should stop cold turkey? You may have a stroke." I call bullshit, because unless you are drinking hard liqueur from the moment you wake up, to the the moment you go to bed, every single day, then it's highly doubtful.

Even if you do what I just said, it's still unlikely. This is all from my own personal experience. You will just feel anxious for a few days and a bit shakey more than likely. I would check yourself into a inpatient detox for a couple of weeks, if you have never detoxed before OP. The thing is, unless you have the right mindset/support when you come out, you will go straight to the bar when you come out.

The reason I suggest this even though I think it's pointless, is because they will give you Valium to make sure you don't have a stroke or anything, if you are really that worried.

As for rehab, that is someone's personal choice, and unless you have actually been there yourself, I wouldn't just tell you OP that it's bullshit etc. That is terrible advice. How could you possibly know that if you don't have an addiction problem and have never been to rehab yourself?

Bottom line - you need a decent therapist who will work with you on your own mental issues as to why you abuse whatever it is before you even consider going to rehab.

hurr durr i haz conflicting opinions but still wanna post

itugFt9YEYx2W.gif

You my friend, are a total fucking idiot.

You give some BS advice, which you know nothing about and neg me for giving legit advice, from personal experience.

Grow up you fucking cocksucker.

lol @ your words of wisdom - "Once you are clean staying clean will be easy cuz life is great."

Smart one you are.

Reactions: dmnEPC
But the thing is, stopping drinking won't kill you (I'm not a doctor, just my opinion).

i just watched an episode of 'intervention' the other day about a guy who drank a case of beer per day, and his wife drank almost that much daily with him. she tried to stop cold turkey, and 3 days into it she had a seizure and died.