Post your business cards

this is my one....

img_3865_zorro_450x360.jpg

its me.... :smilie_weihn_winki::smilie_weihn_winki::smilie_weihn_winki:

This brings up a good question. Where do you guys go for your business cards? Vista Prints, Overnight Prints, Kinkos? Also what did it cost?

You can do short run full colour digital for next to nothing, but for best results you want to go to a real printer with a real printing press that uses Pantone inks and can do fancy stuff like embossing, uv coating, thermography, foil stamping, die cuts, etc. etc.

There are specialty shops that do gang run full colour business cards like these guys, Order Silk Business Cards :: Full Color Offset Printing :: Custom Silk Laminated Business Cards, Die Cut Business Cards, Silk Folded Business Cards, Silk Slim Business Cards, & more!, which keeps the costs somewhat reasonable ($100-$200 for 500 cards depending on the fancy options you choose).

If however you get a printer to ink up their press just to do one or two cards then it's going to cost you a mint. The last card I had printed for a client was £350 for one person's card. However, the same cards previously run in bulk for 32 people came out to about £50 per person.

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I ordered some cards from Overnight Prints and they just came in today. They look horrible to say the least. I ordered 1000 glossy front, matte back, rounded corners, blah blah, and I am embarrassed to hand them out. I am going to try and get a refund but was wondering where everyone gets their cards from besides Overnights and Vista. Should I just try a local print shop? What's the going rate for 500 or 1000 cards from a local shop?

Are you happy with your cards? If so, share your source and cost. Thanks. The tracking202 cards look great; wonder how much they cost...

There is a member of this forum that sells business cards. MoldingBox is his name.

http://www.wickedfire.com/members/moldingbox.html

I bought some from him and I actually offer 500 free business cards with ever full site design and development and I order through him - he gives me a negotiated price. I don't think he does design. If you want some designed I can do it for you or there are several others on this forum that will.