Post your business cards

I need to get new ones, these are more for my offline clients but I use them for both aff marketing and my local clients.

picture18.jpg

Cute logo

25ul2dh.jpg

A lot of these are cool, but if you are going to be handing them out at shows/conferences, it would be impossible to write on them in case you needed to jot down a few things about the meeting you had.

I've went around asking local design shops if they'll do anything besides the basic paper cut, and each said no. Any ideas for an online printer?

I think you mean local print shops. Where do you live? Any decent printer should be able to produce anything you want... die cuts, embossing, folds, thermography (raised ink), hot foil stamping, spot varnish or UV laminates, spot colours, metallic inks, etc. etc. Better shops can give you plastics and etched metals and stuff like that. It can get quite expensive, especially for just one card (the above silver foil on black stock was about £50 a head when 32 people's cards were done and about £400 for just one person's card done later for example) but anything is possible.

You might want to look to your nearest urban center's yellow pages and get on the phone to a couple of proper print shops and get some quotes.

I have a fantastic printer near London I do work with as well as one in Vancouver. I can email files over to them and discuss the job and have it delivered pretty much anywhere. If you are interested in such a service, give me a shout.

Otherwise these guys advertise all over the place, offer proper offset printing and every conceivable upgrade including die cuts in any shape. Order Silk Business Cards :: Full Color Offset Printing :: Custom Silk Laminated Business Cards, Die Cut Business Cards, Silk Folded Business Cards, Silk Slim Business Cards, & more!

These guys do metal and plastic cards. Someone here ordered from them before and was quite happy with the results from what I recall. Business Cards by PlasmaDesign

Digital printing is great for cheap short run work but if you want really nice looking cards the only way to go is with Pantone inks on a proper printing press. It's expensive, especially for only one or two people's cards, but the results are worth it.

I'll stop now.

Why not just post the link to Creative Bits' or Smashing Mag's articles?

A lot of these are cool, but if you are going to be handing them out at shows/conferences, it would be impossible to write on them in case you needed to jot down a few things about the meeting you had.

Yes, it's worth keeping one side a light colour for just such a purpose. Also, UV laminate can make it very difficult to write on. Otherwise carry a note book.

Shoemoney had a contest a while back for someone to design his new cards. This was the winner.

businesscards6.jpg.jpg

I think you mean local print shops. Where do you live? Any decent printer should be able to produce anything you want... die cuts, embossing, folds, thermography (raised ink), hot foil stamping, spot varnish or UV laminates, spot colours, metallic inks, etc. etc. Better shops can give you plastics and etched metals and stuff like that. It can get quite expensive, especially for just one card (the above silver foil on black stock was about £50 a head when 32 people's cards were done and about £400 for just one person's card done later for example) but anything is possible.

You might want to look to your nearest urban center's yellow pages and get on the phone to a couple of proper print shops and get some quotes.

I have a fantastic printer near London I do work with as well as one in Vancouver. I can email files over to them and discuss the job and have it delivered pretty much anywhere. If you are interested in such a service, give me a shout.

Otherwise these guys advertise all over the place, offer proper offset printing and every conceivable upgrade including die cuts in any shape. Order Silk Business Cards :: Full Color Offset Printing :: Custom Silk Laminated Business Cards, Die Cut Business Cards, Silk Folded Business Cards, Silk Slim Business Cards, & more!

These guys do metal and plastic cards. Someone here ordered from them before and was quite happy with the results from what I recall. Business Cards by PlasmaDesign

Digital printing is great for cheap short run work but if you want really nice looking cards the only way to go is with Pantone inks on a proper printing press. It's expensive, especially for only one or two people's cards, but the results are worth it.

Why not just post the link to Creative Bits' or Smashing Mag's articles?

I went into the city, instead of suburbs and found some local shops that can actually meet what i want done - so i will probably just go local. However, http://www.clearplasticcards.com/ has some pretty good prices (especially compared to the local places haha).

thc.jpg

Card stock makes great mouthpiece for the end of a fat joint :rasta:

Off topic: ^ lmao, either the bar behind her hasn't noticed she is there OR it's normal in their area. If it's the latter... DAMN where they at?

On topic: Some impressive cards here, I guess the end of the year is approaching, why not go a little over board on some fancy new cards (cough.. write offs.)

These are all awesome cards and I could see getting them just to carry these badass cards around with you. But in settings where you're meeting a large amount of people like ASE/W, Ad tech..ect if you actually want people to remember you, I think you should also have a card with a picture on it. Last affiliate summit someone was remarking about how many business cards they had and they had wished they had taken a picture of the person holding the card or whatever so they could recall who they were.

One other suggestion. Plastic/metal cards are cool, but if anyone wants to take notes about a discussion they might have had with you at a conference, they are impossible to write on.

When a conference is over and you are looking through hundreds of cards, having notes on the card is invaluable and actually brings back more to your memory than having a unique card in your hand.

Just a thought for you.

Reactions: RoadToMillions