Paranormal Activity

TheDean

Too Cool for School
Aug 3, 2008
No idea if this is all wayyyyyyy over hyped, but I'm going to see Paranormal Activity at midnight tonight. For a horror movie with a $15,000 budget, it boggles my mind how it brought in just shy of $8 milly last weekend.

Anyone see it yet? I know it just got wide release today. A friend of mine who doesn't scare easily, said it creeped him out more than any horror movie he's ever seen.

What's the scariest horror film you've ever seen?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074]YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD][/ame]

It already generated quite a buzz online. Viral marketing works. Guess this film is on its way to become the next "Blair Witch Project".

Its either a spectacular marketing promo or that movie is scary as shit.

I read a comment last week that this guy was taking dates to see the movie because they would want to go home with him after; they were too scared to go their home.

I lold

Let us know! I heard someone had trouble breathing and was removed from a show. I think it's complete bullshit but interested to hear a real perspective from here.

blair-witch-project-movie-poster.jpg

It looks awesome! I like this kinda stuff more than straight death/gore freddy/jason shit. Will rent it foshu.

cloverfield_poster_real.jpg

It's hard to beat Cloverfied for viral marketing on a movie that is shot home-video style like BWP.

'Course, they had a 100Mil budget I believe.

Plus people puked (motion sickness).

Meh, I love the poster. Got it in my room.

No idea if this is all wayyyyyyy over hyped, but I'm going to see Paranormal Activity at midnight tonight. For a horror movie with a $15,000 budget, it boggles my mind how it brought in just shy of $8 milly last weekend.

Anyone see it yet? I know it just got wide release today. A friend of mine who doesn't scare easily, said it creeped him out more than any horror movie he's ever seen.

What's the scariest horror film you've ever seen?

YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD]

Saw it last night. It was entertaining. Its not graphic. Its not even "scary". It's just tense. Its drawn out agonizing tension. You don't even realize how tense you are until you realize you've been curled up ready to scream for like 15 straight minutes. For the second or third time.

I don't know how they made it for 15k. They got some work on the cheap if that's so.

Just another scary movie for the sheep. Its going to be another blair witch which means they are going to be rich, but as movies go its going to be retarded. I hated blair witch more than any other movie for a long time because it sucked so bad. I dare not go see this as I really don't want to be pissed off about it for the next few years.

If you want to see dramatized reenactments of a haunting just watch day time television on liek discovery and A&E and shit. They all run these real haunting shows.

I watched that movie opening night... My friends just told me it was a independent film. I had no clue what it was about......

I could not sleep for days until they finally came out and said it was fake.

Wow, that's a really low budget movie.. I'm going to watch it once I get the chance.. :p

On The Sixth Sense when I found out Bruce Willis was dead, I jizzed in my pants.

Saw it, take a chick. She'll be trying crawl down your pants to shield herself from the scaries.

Do NOT see "A Haunting in Connecticut" - one of the worst movies ever made.

I enjoyed Cloverfield a lot, unfortunately I was the only one who liked it. Everybody else I know laughed at me for enjoying it. I just thought it was ingenius to show a special effects movie through the eyes of a video camera.

I loved Blair Witch, and I went into the movie right when the buzz began, and the "word' was that it was real video tape footage. It wasnt until about 2/3rd into the movie I began to realize I was being conned. But for the first 2/3, when I thought it was real, I was never more terrified by a movie in my life.