Pagerank update in progress

I see a change from 4 to 6 for one of my sites. No change in rankings whatsoever, but still that's great for my bottom line sell price.

Thrusting at geniuses aside, it is kind of alarming the level of heat generated by this topic.

I guess I should go back to my corner and lurk quietly until the smoke clears.

I too find it interesting.

PR obviously has little to do with rankings, but people will pay for that shit (sites, link sales, etc.)

Thrusting at geniuses aside, it is kind of alarming the level of heat generated by this topic.

I was hoping to unload a bunch of under performers, but either the DC I'm on hasn't updated, or I suck at link building.

Question : PR matters or not?

Answer : It depends on your business

My one IM business does not care PR, where as the other one does!

It's true that Indians care PR much because SEO service providing is their main business.

Edit : Just did a google search about this PR update and it resulted a thread on DP there around 50-60 "seo_experts" are discussing it dead seriously!(btw, I could not comprehend most of their posts ;))

I hate idiots that only see the bottom of the table and try to tell you whats on top of it. Your viewpoint is limited, you don't see what we see, recognize it and shut the hell up.

And no I won't THRUST you genius.
This^.

For instance, if you try and sell a PR0 site and you want $150 for it, you could probably get an easy $300 if it has a decent PR. Plus, you can sell sitewide links for $180/year per link if your site has good PR.

PR doesn't matter when it comes to your site's SEO, but it does matter for other people who want to sell homepage links. But for the people who buy sites for PR, thinking that it matters for SEO, You're dumb as fuck.

Also, 1yerrot beat me to ridiculing "thrusting" lulz.

This^.

For instance, if you try and sell a PR0 site and you want $150 for it, you could probably get an easy $300 if it has a decent PR. Plus, you can sell sitewide links for $180/year per link if your site has good PR.

PR doesn't matter when it comes to your site's SEO, but it does matter for other people who want to sell homepage links. But for the people who buy sites for PR, thinking that it matters for SEO, You're dumb as fuck.

Also, 1yerrot beat me to ridiculing "thrusting" lulz.
Agreed,It is only 10% of success when it comes to sell a site with 0PR.90% success comes when you sell a site with decent PR.
Might Be alexa matters in some point.
the theory is you need alexa ranking or Google PR otherwise your friends only buy your domains:thumbsup:

dalitprotest1.jpg

The update just arrived for me. I jumped from pr2 up to pr4. SEOmoz rank gave me a 5.6... I thought they were closer to the pagerank algorithm.

Everybody saying PR doesn't matter has never seen what a couple dozen PR6 links on authority sites does to your rankings in tough niches. Just sayin....