Offering a New Service? Read This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone that has respect (well Erect is kinda a stretch there)

^^ Understatement of the year.

I like a lot of what I'm reading here. I certainly agree that the WF SBT is better than any other forum's because we're a big enough community that we can support a dozen or so QUALITY providers in each section & also allow for new low/high end providers to cut their teeth while building a name for themselves. On the other hand, we're small enough of a community that we can be self-governed & easily weed out the fucktards trying to scam a buck off of us.

This thread is stick worthy but there's a couple things at work here. First, this is kind of a guide to how to have a successful SBT thread ... which is perfect IF people read it. Combine this thread with Eli's Read Before Posting: Pet Peeves That Will Probably Get You In Trouble & ProductionHead's Review Copy Plz and it will make a nice combination of what to do / what not to do. Second, this thread applies to all sections inside of SBT, not just Links & SEO. Which brings me to my next point ....

2> Stickies are a bit out of control in the general SBT section, which is why most new sellers fail so badly ... they simply don't read them. We've got 6 of them ATM and no rules of engagement, just guidelines. If sellers can have 2-3 threads up top in big flashing neon letters it might help bring order to the chaos that is WF.

Sticky #1: 5 simple rules of SBT (A simplified version of this converted to rules)
Sticky #2: How to have a successful SBT thread

optional Sticky #3: Best. Tools. (from WF members) Ever. (possibly converted to a "trusted sellers" for each section)

That leaves 100 Tools and Resources to Value, Negotiate, and Sell Your eProperties ... It's truly an awesome resource which would be perfect for a Sites/Domains section. Right now, those threads are housed in the general section. I'd say keep the sticky there until we grow to the point where we need another sub-category then move it over.

The addition of the new subsections a few weeks ago has really brought a lot of order to SBT. I like how there are only a few sub-cats so the whole place looks busy. Links & SEO and Content are the busiest with about 20-25 thread bumps each day. The general SBT section has good traffic and gets around 15. D&D is the slowest with ~5.

The next logical subcategory to add is sites/domains (eProperties) which, like D&D, would get around 5 new posts daily at the current moment. But splitting them off to their own sub-cat would kind of help the growth since many domainers across the net would start visiting that section regularly looking to buy properties. It'll never be flippa, but domains that target CPA niches would likely do better here than in any other marketplace.

Help needed
: I recently started tagging the shitty SBT threads with SBT fail ... if you guys wouldn't mind chipping in with that it would give a link to post for sticky #2 above that can show new sellers what's in store for them when they call us DP (worse, warriors) or post in rainbow colors.

I got off topic a bit there, but once it starts flowing .....

Scratch my approved list idea. All that will happen is this:

wickfire_father.jpg

300 posts?

Give me a fucking break asshole

I don't give a toss about any reviewer without 1000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.