Offering a New Service? Read This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus

Nov 5, 2006
49.288606,-123.116489
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Are you going to offer a service and new to Wickedfire?

If you have not established yourself in either iTrader points or Post Count, be prepared to give away your service to build your reputation.

If you are serious about doing business here, it's something you need to do.

Note that you should probably only give reviews to people which have 300 posts and some iTrader points.

It does not do you any good to give a free review copy to people that are new here.

A word of advice - if you are serious about offering service here;
  1. Good communications are important (keep client updated)
  2. Deliver on time
  3. Quality work gets you repeat business
Almost every new service provider says they offer the above. Talking is nothing. You have to prove yourself, so save it and tell us your offer.

The biggest mistake new service providers make?
Offer some free reviews, get good feedback, then take too many orders and can't deliver on time.
It's recommended that you just say "not taking new orders right now" and deliver what you have on time.

As of early to mid 2009, the WF services have seen more fraud from new members.

Suggestion for WF members; mention if your review was free or paid.

While I agree with this statement it shouldn't be overlooked that WF has one of the least shit filled BST sections as far as "webmaster" forums go.

Markus and I exchange pms on this. I agree 1000% with the OP. I have to say that I have found alot of great talent in the Sell, Buy, Trade section. I have a designer that I have worked everyday with for the last 10 months that I found here. I have 4 writers that I work frequently with. BUT I have been burned more than my fair share of times. And it seems to be getting more and more frequent.

One other PRO tip I would suggest if I were a newb posting my services - I would have read enough of the damn forum to see who the players were in my vertical. Before I posted my services I would PM said player so let's say SEO service - I hit up Eli or Red Virus or Erect. Someone that has respect (well Erect is kinda a stretch there), someone that everyone knows, and someone that you can tell by there post they know what they are talking about. I would then give them a free review of said service. Then when I opened up my thread I would have them post review to begin with. Then I would sit back and watch the orders roll in. Take matters into your own hand. Don't give away a review to WickedFreeRvwPlease b/c no one knows or cares about their review anyway.

And one last thing while I am ranting, if you do get a review copy from one of these guys. Have enough fucking respect to come back as quick as possible and post a review OR don't take the damn review copy. Not only are you fucking the service provider but you are fucking me and every other customer waiting on the review. And another last thing. If the guy sucks - say it. If the guy was ok at one part and great at another say it. If the guy was great say it. Don't come in and say got the review copy it was what he said it was going to be. Comment on time, communication and value of the service.

That is all for now.

Great comments vol10.

And we can keep the WF BST area among the best by staying on top of it.

I wonder if we might suggest a (simple) guideline of points when doing a review.

Feel free to add input and we'll consolidate a final for reference.

Speed
Quality of Work
Communications
Overall Value

Missing anything?

The biggest mistake new service providers make?
Offer some free reviews, get good feedback, then take too many orders and can't deliver on time.

^^definitely.

before whoring in BST, legit sellers also need to hang out elsewhere on the forum first and make some decent posts. this gives them some credibility.

the tradition of flaming people with a half-assed offering is a good one and has kept much of the riffraff out thus far.

scammers tend to crack easily, because of their sense of entitlement.

good advice. adjusting my personal content-shilling ad now to offer my free review copy to an ESTABLISHED member (or two if they're cool about it)...

And one last thing while I am ranting, if you do get a review copy from one of these guys. Have enough fucking respect to come back as quick as possible and post a review OR don't take the damn review copy. Not only are you fucking the service provider but you are fucking me and every other customer waiting on the review.

We should make some kind of banned-from-free-reviews list.

That shit is really annoying - I have a few names for it.

We should make some kind of banned-from-free-reviews list.

That shit is really annoying - I have a few names for it.
3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg

Markus - if this does get a sticky feel free to take the parts out of my rant you want added and add them to your initial so that the "reviewee" understands they have a responsibility in the review process as well.

I think the list would be a good start and can evolve if others have suggestions.

Great comments vol10.

And we can keep the WF BST area among the best by staying on top of it.

I wonder if we might suggest a (simple) guideline of points when doing a review.

Feel free to add input and we'll consolidate a final for reference.

Speed
Quality of Work
Communications
Overall Value

Missing anything?

Something that I've wanted to throw out here. We need a list that is Stickyed on BST that lists trusted / proven people.

New people can get on after 5ish Positive iTraders with no negatives. If someone starts getting negatives we can flag them or pull them off.

We could break it down by services. It would save people a lot of time when searching the forum.

It might make it harder for new people but if they do a good job marketing on here, they can get on there too.

Thoughts??

There's more than enough work to be spread amongst trusted people on here.

I disagree 100% with this. It should be on the service provider to find these people. I think most of us agree that we would rather buy from someone who is an active member of this forum and not just here "marketing" themselves to us. If your first post is in the BST or SBT or TBS (which ever one Jon came up with) - then GTFO.

If a member thinks enough of his skillset to offer it as a service then they sure the hell should have enough knowledge that they can add to this forum as well.

Something that I've wanted to throw out here. We need a list that is Stickyed on BST that lists trusted / proven people.

New people can get on after 5ish Positive iTraders with no negatives. If someone starts getting negatives we can flag them or pull them off.

We could break it down by services. It would save people a lot of time when searching the forum.

It might make it harder for new people but if they do a good job marketing on here, they can get on there too.

Thoughts??

There's more than enough work to be spread amongst trusted people on here.

If your first post is in the BST or SBT or TBS (which ever one Jon came up with) - then GTFO.

If a member thinks enough of his skillset to offer it as a service then they sure the hell should have enough knowledge that they can add to this forum as well.

Now I 100% agree with that. If you are going to be a service provider, giving some knowledge about the service your provide, without plugging your service, would give you extra street cred. It would show you know something about what you are talking about. Might even see "review copy please" a little less when you sell your service. New providers, look at how Red_Virus is all over the place on here sharing info. I guarantee his post on other threads brings him a lot of business.

Hey Red_Virus can I get a review copy. :laughing-smiley-007

Status
Not open for further replies.