NFL Draft

I like the Johnny pick but you guys could've came away with both a QB and Sammy Watkins to pair with Josh Gordon. That would've been scary for opposing defenses.

Of course, having 2 1st round picks next year is nice too I guess.

The Browns made a great move. Move down a few slots to get 1st round pick next year AND 2nd round pick in 2016.

I'm quite disappointed in the 49ers. We have too many draft picks, and don't trade up. And we finally end up drafting a defensive player under 6 feet...meh

Bo,

What do you think about the Niners grabbing that safety?

I like the acquisition of WR Stevie Johnson from Buffalo for a 4th round pick next year. Should be good in the slot.
Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson, V. Davis oh my

I wasn't sure on the Viking's first pick but the trade up for Bridgewater could end up being a steal. How'd all your teams come out?

Hawks swapped 1st round for 2 picks today.

BnJaeHVCYAAFVwS.jpg

Oh, BTW thanks for Harvin again ;)

percy-harvin-lombardi-trophy.jpeg

I have no idea how the Eagles didn't take Marqise Lee. In Chip I trust...I guess.

Guessing he's not clearing injury assessments to the point where teams are willing to draft him on his '12 production. Might be best WR in draft but might not be a starter until '15+.

Anxiously awaiting Grindstones feedback

Rams had two top 13 picks and fucking nailed them. Arizona took Deone Bucannon like 30 picks ahead of his predicted draft slot and it was the right pick. He'll be hands down the best safety in this draft and an immediate plug and play impact player. Very well could end up being the best pick of the 1st round when we look back in 2-3 years.

4 of the 6 best teams in football will play in the NFC West this year. Brutal.

Watching (on twitter, fuck TV and their 5 minute delay to announce picks) the teams that pick at the end of the draft versus the beginning is illuminating. Teams up high try to grab difference makers and reach, teams drafting late move around based on the desires of the shitty front offices and accumulate value, either in future picks or extra picks this year.

Seattle traded out of the 1st round and Detroit took a fucking tight end.

Actually, that was probably a smart move for Seattle. Detroit though? Another fucking tight end? Come on Grindstone, tell me everything will be alright with your other favorite team.

I wish Schneider could GM both teams. I guess Lombardi wants to outscore everyone since the defense is too many pieces away from being effective but the best offense Detroit can put on the field won't compare to the '13 Broncos and look how their super powered offense treated them when they got to play a NFC West team.

Furthermore, Ebron is a poor facsimile of the player everyone keeps comparing him to, Jimmy Graham. Not as big, not as fast, no where near as agile and pretty comparable college production. You know, college, where Ebron was a 3 year starter and Graham was a basketball player turned 20 snap a game 2nd TE to Aaron Hernandez for 1 season. Oh and Ebron has shitty hands. Sort of like Pettigrew. At least Fauria can catch the Stafford rockets.

Donald should have been the pick, or trade back. Interior pressure is the game changer for defenses in the NFL now. If you can collapse the pocket up the middle consistently, you will disrupt what the offense is trying to do. Regardless of what they are trying to do. Adding Donald into a rotation with Suh and Fairley inside while Ziggy brings it from the edge would have masked that secondary. But hey, a TE!!! Probably time to clean house and start over while Stafford is still young but we know how slowly the Ford family adapts. Sigh.

As for Seattle, they moved back 8 slots to pick up a mid 4th in a super deep draft. Looking at the tiers at their 3 positions of need (interior O Line, WR, DE/DT depth), they're still getting a guy at 40 that they would have drafted at 32, plus they can grab another OL/DL in round 4. Typically Schneider genish, doubt he's done playin chess either. It'll be another Seattle draft that gets a C grade from all the analysts over the next few weeks and then has a bunch of late round All Pros in 3 years. That's what he do.

/war and peace

Hawks swapped 1st round for 2 picks today.

Sort of. 1 pick today and the 8th pick tomorrow.

Good point on Percy though. We gave up or first for him last year so he could give us an impact Super Bowl performance while barely playing any meaningful snaps in the other 18 games. Now we give up our 3rd so hopefully he can return to his standard "play 1/2 the games" career arc. Cuz 1/2 the games with Percy and 1/2 the games with Kearse (UDFA) is a winning proposition. Just ask Bauss.

4 of the 6 best teams in football will play in the NFC West this year. Brutal.

I'd say 4 out of the top 10 or top 12, but yeah it will be brutal. What it means is that the NFC west might not get a first round bye due to all the in-divisional games and having to play the AFC west.

The division will likely be won with 11 wins, so the two first round byes may be going elsewhere.

Jets perspective: PASSED ON MANZIEL/BRIDGEWATER ... because that's what you do when you have the black Blaine Gabbert under center. We'll need another full season of him being the lowest rated passer in the NFL before dialogue may start about his replacement and 2 more before that move is made.

Safety Calvin Pryor (Louisville) is by all accounts a beast, but NYJ fans (well, me & some fags on messageboards) becoming wary of Ryan's unwavering devotion to defense.

So all you have to know about the Jets is this: if your team sucks - we're gonna beat you.

And if your team doesn't suck - just get the lead at any point in the 2nd half and the game is yours.

I'd say 4 out of the top 10 or top 12, but yeah it will be brutal. What it means is that the NFC west might not get a first round bye due to all the in-divisional games and having to play the AFC west.

The division will likely be won with 11 wins, so the two first round byes may be going elsewhere.

New Orleans, Denver, Carolina (I think they take a huge step back on offense, defense is super legit tho) and who? GB with a healthy Rodgers so that's 4/8. I'd be interested to see what other 2-4 teams you think could win consistently in the NFC West.

Last edited:
New Orleans, Denver, Carolina (I think they take a huge step back on offense, defense is super legit tho) and who? GB with a healthy Rodgers so that's 4/8. I'd be interested to see what other 2-4 teams you think could win consistently in the NFC West.

I'd say definitely New England, and two will emerge out of the following group - Philly, Cincy, KC, SD, Indy, plus whichever random team makes a unexpected improvement. Miami could make a jump and ATL could get close to where they were two years ago.

NFC South could well the be league's 2nd best division this year

I wish Schneider could GM both teams.

Would gladly trade Suh for Schneider, is that legal? Unfortunately, he just worked over Mayhew on that 40th pick. Motherfucker.

Furthermore, Ebron is a poor facsimile of the player everyone keeps comparing him to, Jimmy Graham. Not as big, not as fast, no where near as agile and pretty comparable college production. You know, college, where Ebron was a 3 year starter and Graham was a basketball player turned 20 snap a game 2nd TE to Aaron Hernandez for 1 season. Oh and Ebron has shitty hands. Sort of like Pettigrew. At least Fauria can catch the Stafford rockets.

Yeah I don't get it. Not that impressed with him, and not a position of need. Fucking waste of the 10th pick.

I like both Hawks picks tonight--

More speed.. so deep in WR, lol

124555333.0_standard_709.0.jpg

And beef up that OL

Justin-Britt-Offensive-Lineman.jpg

#AllinAgain

I wasn't sure on the Viking's first pick but the trade up for Bridgewater could end up being a steal. How'd all your teams come out?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a46WJ1viA]Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water - YouTube[/ame]

I like both Hawks picks tonight--

More speed.. so deep in WR, lol

124555333.0_standard_709.0.jpg

#AllinAgain

I wasn't so high on this Paul Richardson guy at first because he's only 165lb or so, and at that weight he will get killed. But then I heard he's trying to get up to 190 lbs. If he can do it and retain his speed, that will help him immensely.

Oh...and even though he ran a blazing 4.33 forty at the combine, Richardson himself said that while training for the combine, he ran a 4.28 one day. Negro...that is fast.