[NEW] Auctionpus.com - Only 16 Auctions Per Month - Premium Domains FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This. I considered it at the price, but I'm not comfortable with the bid system.

It was a joke... people being afraid to bid on phobias.net :anon.sml:

UG, is the bid thing we discussed yesterday really something you consider a deal breaker? You guys are potential buyers and I definitely want Auctionpus.com to be a platform you're comfortable with.

Let's do this: if 5 people reply to this post and tell me that they would like Victory (my programmer) to implement the change UG suggested, I'll do it. I personally prefer the current version (the system only displays the winner of each battle) but the customer is always right, so I'll gladly make it happen if it's something you guys want.

Here are the 8 auctions which started 30 minutes ago (all of 'em will end tomorrow at 2 PM EST):

SDCard.net

An impressive exact match domain name with 6,120,000 broad global monthly searches and 368,000 exact match global monthly searches, a gem which is just waiting to dominate the 1st page of Google!

Brasieres.mx

The best Mexican domain on the market at this point. "Brasieres" is a Spanish word that means "bras". We're talking about a HUGE term and a billion dollar industry, need we say more?

TaguaNuts.com

Tagua nuts are used as an elephant ivory replacement and since there will be more and more elephant ivory interdictions in the future, tagua nuts obviously represent an extremely attractive alternative.

Aussprache.com

Premium one-word German dot com domain. "Aussprache" means "debate", "talk" or "pronounciation", depending on how the word is used.

ShetlandHorses.com

A domain name with a lot of potential end users. Everyone knows how expensive anything related to horses is and that alone says it all, definitely a domain with "buy and hold" value.

CanadianFlights.com

Registered back in 1999, this gem is just waiting to be picked up by a Canadian airline or monetized as a ticket booking website. The term "Canadian flights" has 22,200 broad global monthly searches, 2,400 exact match monthly searches and an average CPC of $1.76.

ColorfulWallpapers.com

Wallpapers have always been extremely popular and you just can't go wrong with this domain, we'll let its 6,600 exact match global monthly searches and its 14,800 broad global monthly searches do all of the talking.

ForumPosts.com

This much is certain: forums have been and will continue to be extremely popular. With its 60,500 broad global monthly searches and 6,600 exact match global monthly searches, this domain represents the best possible choice if you are interested in offering forum posting and/or maintenance services.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a dealbreaker for me because I would have bought phobias.net. How much did it sell for by the way?

$587

As previously mentioned, I'm game it if you guys would like it better that way: if 5 people reply to this post and tell me that they would like Victory (my programmer) to implement the change UG suggested, I'll do it. I personally prefer the current version (the system only displays the winner of each battle) but the customer is always right, so I'll gladly make it happen if it's something you guys want.

$587

As previously mentioned, I'm game it if you guys would like it better that way: if 5 people reply to this post and tell me that they would like Victory (my programmer) to implement the change UG suggested, I'll do it. I personally prefer the current version (the system only displays the winner of each battle) but the customer is always right, so I'll gladly make it happen if it's something you guys want.

I think I'd prefer it the way UG suggested. It looks odd otherwise.

Great idea for a website though. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.

Great idea! Less is more, so that's why I like it. I enjoy finding a good domain, but I absolutely hate sedo.com and the likes because there's too much rubbish to sort through.

Some comments:

1. I'll forget about this site, but would gladly add you on Twitter and you can do a nightly tweet 1 hour before auction ends. RSS could work too but I am bad about checking my Google Reader.

2. You need to SEO this site better. For instance, you need to make auctionpus.com/* 301 over to www.auctionpus.com .. and fix the title and H1 tags and all that fun stuff to go after your keyword of "domain auction" or "buy domains" or whatever

Loving the idea though. Ocotopus for 8-item simplicity... wish i was that clever.

Nice. I was just browsing sites/domains earlier and was getting rather pissed off at how much pure garbage is for sale. Glad someone still cares about quality.

I think I'd prefer it the way UG suggested.

Your wish is my command, the change will be implemented asap (might take a few days, we'll have to test a lot of stuff on another domain) :)

Thanks for the suggestion Unarmed Gunman, you were right and I was wrong. I'll be the first to admit that I don't always get it right but there's one thing that works in my favor time and time again: if I'm wrong, I'll act accordingly and not simply look the other way. I'd be the world's biggest idiot not to take feedback into consideration, so keep those suggestions comin' folks!

1. I'll forget about this site, but would gladly add you on Twitter and you can do a nightly tweet 1 hour before auction ends. RSS could work too but I am bad about checking my Google Reader.

2. You need to SEO this site better. For instance, you need to make auctionpus.com/* 301 over to www.auctionpus.com .. and fix the title and H1 tags and all that fun stuff to go after your keyword of "domain auction" or "buy domains" or whatever

Sure thing, I'm on it!

Halfway decent clone of the Woot model but change the domain name. Auctionpus? I mean that is a serious stretch to force the average site visitor to try and decipher your tongue in cheek reference.

Domain names need to pass the phone test, be keyword rich, etc. You will never be able to brand this no matter how much money you throw at it.
I couldn't imagine telling someone over the phone about my new business 'auction pus' and then spend the next 15 minutes trying to describe/defend the business model and domain choice.

Also since you are a solid writer you may want to analyze each domain and put a humorous but value laden description for each. Woot has some of the best copywriting where they tell a story to sell the daily item.

Thanks for the suggestion Unarmed Gunman, you were right and I was wrong. I'll be the first to admit that I don't always get it right but there's one thing that works in my favor time and time again: if I'm wrong, I'll act accordingly and not simply look the other way. I'd be the world's biggest idiot not to take feedback into consideration, so keep those suggestions comin' folks!

It's not about right or wrong, just about helping you develop an awesome idea. Good work and I'm quite sure I'll be buying some domains from it.

Halfway decent clone of the Woot model but change the domain name. Auctionpus? I mean that is a serious stretch to force the average site visitor to try and decipher your tongue in cheek reference.

i disagree I think auctionpus is a great name its very catchy and nichy . i think its something people will remember for sure.

I hope the OP has "auctionpuss.com" registered as well or else he's in trouble.. too many people to be lost from word of mouth on the site (in theory if it takes off) typing that in.

auctionopolis > auctionpus, but then the tentacle thing wouldn't work. I guess you could do some old greek building with 8 floors or something. I dno.

Nevertheless, I like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.