[NEW] Auctionpus.com - Only 16 Auctions Per Month - Premium Domains FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm amazed that somebody is going to pay $2250+ for paxe.com. I sure hope they have a good development plan for that.

edited to add:

• Bidder 1 $ 1
  • Bidder 1 $ 21
  • Bidder 2 $ 35
  • Bidder 3 $ 45
  • Bidder 4 $ 55
  • Bidder 5 $ 135
  • Bidder 6 $ 443
  • Bidder 7 $ 554
  • Bidder 7 $ 1010
  • Bidder 7 $ 1510
  • Bidder 7 $ 1760
  • Bidder 7 $ 1810
  • Bidder 7 $ 2243

So, bidder 7 outbid himself 5 times just so he could pay $1,700 more than his first bid? I'm confused...

Got a bug you're gonna want to fix
words on the left get cutoff if too long in firefox

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm amazed that somebody is going to pay $2250+ for paxe.com. I sure hope they have a good development plan for that.

edited to add:

• Bidder 1 $ 1
  • Bidder 1 $ 21
  • Bidder 2 $ 35
  • Bidder 3 $ 45
  • Bidder 4 $ 55
  • Bidder 5 $ 135
  • Bidder 6 $ 443
  • Bidder 7 $ 554
  • Bidder 7 $ 1010
  • Bidder 7 $ 1510
  • Bidder 7 $ 1760
  • Bidder 7 $ 1810
  • Bidder 7 $ 2243

So, bidder 7 outbid himself 5 times just so he could pay $1,700 more than his first bid? I'm confused...

It was probably proxy bids other people bid and his proxy outbid them

the new domains have already come up so I cant see the previous day's prices. Perhaps you could have a "history" page where people can see what past domains went for?

Also you should start an email list to email out the new domains that are up each day

Code:
[B]Question:What Happens If a Buyer Doesn't Pay?[/B]
Auctionpus.com reserves the right to make the contact details of a non-paying
buyer available to the seller so that legal action can be taken against the
bidder who is not willing to live up to his or her legally binding obligations.
By placing a bid, you are legally obligated to make the payment within 7
calendar days if you are the winner of that auction.
Humm...
Not so sure if that's good enough.

Let's say some douchebag win the domain for $10K.
Seller must pay $800 (8%) to get winner's contact info.
douchebag winner do NOT pay.
Seller is out $800 and fume in his/her mouth.

Seems like something is missing or I missed something ;)

Code:
Humm...

Yep, you missed something:

What Happens After an Auction Is Finished?
Once the auction is finished, we will ask the seller to pay us our commission and once the payment has been received, he or she will be able to contact the buyer and either ask him or her for the payment or use a third party escrow service. Should the transaction not go through, we will issue a full refund to the seller.

Code:
Humm...

Good point eventually after 7 days maybe or something it should default to the next bidder so the seller can still sell it if they want.

Good point eventually after 7 days maybe or something it should default to the next bidder so the seller can still sell it if they want.

That wouldn't be fair because the price of the domain would have been influenced by the deadbeat buyer. Should one of the buyers decide to play games, I will issue a full refund to the seller and offer to auction the domain again at a later point. Needless to say, I'll go all Gary Thiem on the buyer :)

edited to add:

• Bidder 1 $ 1
  • Bidder 1 $ 21
  • Bidder 2 $ 35
  • Bidder 3 $ 45
  • Bidder 4 $ 55
  • Bidder 5 $ 135
  • Bidder 6 $ 443
  • Bidder 7 $ 554
  • Bidder 7 $ 1010
  • Bidder 7 $ 1510
  • Bidder 7 $ 1760
  • Bidder 7 $ 1810
  • Bidder 7 $ 2243

That was my first thought, but then where are the bids that caused his proxy to outbid? They would be part of the bid history like in eBay and Sedo etc.

edited to add:

• Bidder 1 $ 1
  • Bidder 1 $ 21
  • Bidder 2 $ 35
  • Bidder 3 $ 45
  • Bidder 4 $ 55
  • Bidder 5 $ 135
  • Bidder 6 $ 443
  • Bidder 7 $ 554
  • Bidder 7 $ 1010
  • Bidder 7 $ 1510
  • Bidder 7 $ 1760
  • Bidder 7 $ 1810
  • Bidder 7 $ 2243

Probably the bidder trying to find the reserve for the domain. I am guessing bids 1 through 6 didn't trigger the reserve hence why they kept bidding

That was my first thought, but then where are the bids that caused his proxy to outbid? They would be part of the bid history like in eBay and Sedo etc.

As explained on the FAQ section of Auctionpus.com, it’s a proxy bidding process. As a bidder, you enter your maximum bid and the system will bid the minimum amount necessary for you to become the winner of an auction on your behalf.

In our case, bidder 7 entered his maximum bid and the system placed a $554 bid on his behalf, the minimum amount necessary for him to become the leader. Then, another bidder placed bids which were BELOW the maximum bid of bidder number 7. That’s why you see the system entering $1010, $1510 and so on for bidder number 7. It’s because another person has placed a bid which was BELOW the maximum bid of bidder 7, so the system placed a new bid on his behalf representing the minimum amount it takes for him to remain the leader.

Basically, after each "bidder vs. bidder" battle, the system displays the winning bid. Proxy bidding is used by all major auction sites and represents the best possible bidding system IMO.

Exactly :)

And here are today's domains, all of 'em with a starting bid of $1 and NO RESERVE:

Phobias.net

Amazing category killer one-word dot net domain registered back in January 1999, with 74,000 exact match global monthly searches and 368,000 broad global monthly searches.

CUXA.com

Premium CVCV dot com domain registered back in 2001 which receives a 3 figure number of hits per month.

HalfDolls.com

Premium two-word product name dot com domain registered back in 1998, with 12,100 exact match global monthly searches and 22,200 broad global monthly searches.

PureDrivel.com

An extremely catchy two-word dot com domain which would represent an excellent choice for a gossip website, a humor website or anything that has to do with funny rants.

PortablePiano.com

A two-word product name dot com which describes a product for which there will be more and more demand, with 3,600 exact match global monthly searches and 110,000 broad global monthly searches.

BusinessWeblog.com

The best possible domain for a business-related blog that money can buy at this point, we dare you to find a domain that comes close to BusinessWeblog.com on the market!

WoodbineBeach.com

We haven't forgotten about geo domainers: here's an excellent domain for your portfolio, with 4,400 exact match global monthly searches and 14,800 broad global monthly searches.

Apartamentos.mx

"Apartamentos" means "apartments" in Spanish and Apartamentos.es has been sold for $40,370 (DNJournal). Mexico represents the world's #10 economy, need we say more?

Last edited by a moderator:
As explained on the FAQ section of Auctionpus.com, it’s a proxy bidding process. As a bidder, you enter your maximum bid and the system will bid the minimum amount necessary for you to become the winner of an auction on your behalf.

In our case, bidder 7 entered his maximum bid and the system placed a $554 bid on his behalf, the minimum amount necessary for him to become the leader. Then, another bidder placed bids which were BELOW the maximum bid of bidder number 7. That’s why you see the system entering $1010, $1510 and so on for bidder number 7. It’s because another person has placed a bid which was BELOW the maximum bid of bidder 7, so the system placed a new bid on his behalf representing the minimum amount it takes for him to remain the leader.

Basically, after each "bidder vs. bidder" battle, the system displays the winning bid. Proxy bidding is used by all major auction sites and represents the best possible bidding system IMO.

Exactly :)

lol - I get how proxy bidding works, but I don't see a record of the bid that caused the proxy to issue a bid of $1010, then $1510, then...$2243. As the winner I might assume there was some shenanigans going on. I should see bidder #8's bid that caused me to have to bid $1010, etc.

I buy domains on Sedo regularly and I can see the bids that caused my proxy bid to go up...

Status
Not open for further replies.