Need input on new monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbsllim

Mar 28, 2008
London, Ontario
Hey I'm thinking of getting some new monitors to increase productivity and the size of my epeen.

Wouldn't mind one of these oled babies, but they are what, 10k for a decent sized one?

panasonic-37-inch-oled-tv.jpg

Has anyone been monitor shopping lately? Know any good deals on 20"-24" monitors.

Perhaps some discontinued models? Maybe a clearance deal?

Dell is the best, 2407WFP-HC it was like 700ish when I got it about a year ago, shits on everything else I've seen.

They're on ebay for ~$345, used, but some are still under warranty. I might pick one up.

Get a couple 24"s - Side by side - or the new 28"'s .. .

whatever you get, get two! Two > One

I got 2 of these suckers as well...I dunno if they are the best I owned but pretty solid and cheap.

Just fyi, if you're going to get 2 monitors make sure they are from around the same production date. I had to exchange like 3 of them when I got mine. Basically just because of the different production date (possibly factory) the colors were a bit off and it was quite annoying. Even the same store can have 2 boxes side by side with different production dates, which is exactly what happened to me.

Yes, the 2408 is the replacement model. Yes it is well worth it. If I was rolling in it I would pick up the 3008. These displays rate right up there with the Mac Cinema displays and have better contrast ratios. I'm not much of a Dell fan, but their top of the line displays kick major ass.

Seriously, $699 is damn cheap. I paid about £650 for my 2407 a couple or three years ago now. I could almost buy two for the same price now.

Yes, the 2408 is the replacement model. Yes it is well worth it. If I was rolling in it I would pick up the 3008. These displays rate right up there with the Mac Cinema displays and have better contrast ratios. I'm not much of a Dell fan, but their top of the line displays kick major ass.

Seriously, $699 is damn cheap. I paid about £650 for my 2407 a couple or three years ago now. I could almost buy two for the same price now.

Didn't feel like looking up the specs, is the 2408 any different from the 2407?

And yeah, if you don't mind dropping 2 g's and your desk is big enough, go for the 3008. The only reason I didn't get it is it's so big that my speakers wouldn't fit next to it.

Didn't feel like looking up the specs, is the 2408 any different from the 2407?

And yeah, if you don't mind dropping 2 g's and your desk is big enough, go for the 3008. The only reason I didn't get it is it's so big that my speakers wouldn't fit next to it.

OH GOLY! I haven't even ordered my extra monitor yet, don't even get me started on speakers! LOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.