Mt.Gox Meltdown

Nevermind, this report has to be fabricated bullshit. There's no way that's true, or if it is, than the MtGox boys just made the history books for one of the biggest heists ever recorded.

How do you not notice approx $375 million slowly go missing over the years? You'd think after around the $50 million mark your balance sheets would be a bit off compared to what your reserves are, and you'd catch on.

So either a) report is fabricated bullshit, b) MtGox boys are beyond stupid and incompetent, or c) MtGox boys had one hell of a good time over the past few years, and are going to enjoy a nice retirement.

Seems like this would all be traceable in the Blockchain, no?

https://blockchain.info

mtgox is gone. Twitter wiped, homepage blank, resigned from BF, execs silent. Very interesting that they left the country. This could easily be the greatest heist in history in terms of value.

tumblr_mfnqgpyVDv1rl0urno1_500.gif

Anyone pick up any cheap coins last night? I'm pretty sure this was your last chance; Tons of impressive milestones happening within the next month or two that should start the next frenzy off. T

Probably a different milestone he was referring too.

I think mtgox going down can really slow down BTC globally. It just shows it's not all good, it's not all save, it's not the perfect system. And it's probably not your last chance to pick up some cheap coins...

Probably a different milestone he was referring too.

I think mtgox going down can really slow down BTC globally. It just shows it's not all good, it's not all save, it's not the perfect system. And it's probably not your last chance to pick up some cheap coins...

Like I said, look at the $350-400 line as a support. If it drops past that... get out!

Check out the mtgox.com source code. The line in body tags is of particular interest

<!-- put announce for mtgox acq here -->

This is astoundingly entertaining. Are other BTC titans really coming to the rescue of Gox? If so, how far are they willing to go? There is a huge amount of debt on the table if that crisis document is legit.

So the big question is who got the 700k bitcoins? Because if mtgox was allowing withdrawals but not tracking them properly, they definitely went somewhere...

And it's all in the blockchain, I'm sure some fucking intelligent people could sit down and at least work out the patterns, see if there's any kind of hints as to who took it.

Check out the mtgox.com source code. The line in body tags is of particular interest

<!-- put announce for mtgox acq here -->

This is astoundingly entertaining. Are other BTC titans really coming to the rescue of Gox? If so, how far are they willing to go? There is a huge amount of debt on the table if that crisis document is legit.

It's potentially a good opportunity for someone with huge balls, tons of cash and unwavering belief in bitcoin to come in to its rescue. Some big valley guys have been very outspoken about its potential.

A few very wealthy people and the major bitcoin companies could come together to try and make something work too, perhaps putting cash on the table to bail out the people that have lost btc, and building a new exchange.

If the 750k bitcoin loss is true, and no one steps up, the media, politicians and "experts" are going to burn BTC down to the ground this week.

It's potentially a good opportunity for someone with huge balls, tons of cash and unwavering belief in bitcoin to come in to its rescue. Some big valley guys have been very outspoken about its potential.

A few very wealthy people and the major bitcoin companies could come together to try and make something work too, perhaps putting cash on the table to bail out the people that have lost btc, and building a new exchange.

If the 750k bitcoin loss is true, and no one steps up, the media, politicians and "experts" are going to burn BTC down to the ground this week.

I don't think it is a good opportunity for anyone. What is of value in this acquisition? The brand is tainted, the Gox technology is [supposedly] faulty, the liabilities are massive and the assets are tiny.

I think bailing Gox is a last resort for those already pot committed in BTC. If this crisis is simply allowed to run its course it will be a fiasco for the entire industry.

So the big question is who got the 700k bitcoins? Because if mtgox was allowing withdrawals but not tracking them properly, they definitely went somewhere...

And it's all in the blockchain, I'm sure some fucking intelligent people could sit down and at least work out the patterns, see if there's any kind of hints as to who took it.

I would start here. . .

I don't think it is a good opportunity for anyone. What is of value in this acquisition? The brand is tainted, the Gox technology is [supposedly] faulty, the liabilities are massive and the assets are tiny.

I think bailing Gox is a last resort for those already pot committed in BTC. If this crisis is simply allowed to run its course it will be a fiasco for the entire industry.

I would start here. . .

Isn't there the allurer of bitcoin, that there isn't anyone to manipulate the coin as compared to the fed, it also means that there is no last result to step in and protect the owners. You live by the sword you die by the sword

Just want to add a general observation, after seeing MTGox have all of its Bitcoins basically swiped, from what is basically a bank why would Joe public want to put money into bitcoins when the next exchange could fall to the same thing

Just want to add a general observation, after seeing MTGox have all of its Bitcoins basically swiped, from what is basically a bank why would Joe public want to put money into bitcoins when the next exchange could fall to the same thing

Exchanges are only to be used for short term transactions. You buy your bitcoins and transfer them to a private wallet that you and only you control. There is zero reason to trust an exchange beyond facilitating a trade. Bitcoin has not been hacked, only a shady exchange, which has deep roots in the Magic the Gathering crowd.

Opinion retracted.... Was privy to some information that is FACT, not speculation... and knowing this now, my opinion prior to it has been nullified. They are doomed. For sure. Sucks.

You should have left the original post intact