Moving to USA.... tell mewhich city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you want hot women that would be Texas, everyone knows that. ;)

Actually, the last time I was in Dallas there were a ton of extremely hot women around. I was surprised - I'm not terribly partial to Texas.

If you don't mind rain, Seattle is awesome.

If you want a great night life and crazy women you should come to Buffalo, other than that it may not be the best choice..

SD has tons of insanely hot girls... But yea, it is expensive, and right now the whole country is a mess...

I've yet to make it to Texas, but I am sure I will make a trip there within the next year! (I am the King of random unplanned roadtrips)

But Ive heard there were a lot of hotties there too... Even coming from a place where all the hotties are superficial as hell (I dont mind, they look good), I have this weakness for hot country chicks... I see a hot blonde with tight jeans and a cowboy hat on, i touch myself.

If you're asking for a suggestion NOT based on the women, in some for or another, I don't think WF can help you. hahaha

agree with PhreOnBurn, San Diego is great (if you can afford a place) and you'll probably miss Australia much less than other cities where they have to say "It's great here for XX months of the year" ...

A few places in Texas are pretty cool. And there are some hotties around the universities, but let's not overstate the case. They look especially good because of the sea of fatties everywhere else. Among states with desirable cities to live in as a new transplant to the U.S., Texas tops the list in terms of obesity rates. And it's only gonna get worse, as the % of super fat kids in the state is even higher than for adults.

Come to Minneapolis. Rated the #1 city in the country for pretty much everything that matters. Here are a few:

#1 Most Literate City in the U.S.
#1 Innovate Transportation System
#1 Healthiest State

Some other fun points:

Home to the Mayo Clinic - one of the most renowned hospitals in the world.

Vibrant Economy, low unemployment, Mall of American -The largest indoor Mall in the U.S.

We're home to huge companies like Best Buy, Target Corp, United Health Group, General Mills, 3M, Northwest Airlines and many more.

Plus, a beautiful skyline:

http://images26.fotki.com/v909/photos/8/817631/3813052/IMG_2660-vi.jpg
+1 for the Twin Cities

I can't wait to get back to the Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area in a few more months. I moved to multiple different places in the southeast in the past few years thinking that I might like them better. I was wrong. I am in Florida now, it sucks.

I would never live in Vegas. I think SF is your best bet. Tons of great startups and events, plus its not as expensive as NYC.

I live just north of San Diego and go to Australia 3-4x per year. San Diego is a lot like Sydney as far as climate. (I think Sydney is -33 lat and SD is +33 or something like that).

It's close enough to LA and Orange County, but it's NOT LA *or* OC (thank God!).

The people in San Diego are nice and very laid back... TONS of hot chicks (although I'm married so it doesn't matter) - especially in places like Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter.

If I didn't live here, I'd live in Austin, TX.

I second Austin, TX which is where I plan on moving wehn I finish up school (currently in College Station, TX).

-The girls there are in a whole different league if you are looking (a good thing).
- Home to the second largest university in the country (UT) so there are plenty of young peeps
-You have 6th street which is like nothing else.
- Dubbed "lived music capital of the world". Appropriately so.
- With IBM, Dell, and many other big tech companies having HQs in Austin there are always fellow "techies" around.
- Cost of living is cheap compared to east/west coast

I'll probably be moving in August or so to Austin. Just were there last weekend with the gf. Unlimited things for us young people to do. Def. worth checking out.

^^second that. I actually hate texas but I love austin. Austin is like the antithesis of Texas except you still get all the hot ladies. And if you are into live music then Austin is where you want to be.

Detroit. It is very safe there. It's the kind of town people leave their doors open....very enchanting really.

the university of austin(texas) was voted to have the hottest chicks in the US by playboy. then again there aren't many wf type peeps here :(

hehe you have no idea. I just move here from Dallas I am about 5 minutes away from UT. 6th street gets absolutly nuts on weekends. Something like 5,000 new freshman girls arrive here every year for school and many of them stay.

Great city for dating as well as technology. Dell HQ is in roundrock about 25 min away from where I live.

Thanks for the suggestion everyone. CrocDundee.... lol

Will probably go for a Tax free state and take into account the table below. Australia's the 2nd fattest nation apparently so I know it's not that big of a deal though.

25 Fattest Cities
Rank City Rank in 2004
1 Houston 2
2 Philadelphia 7
3 Detroit 1
4 Memphis, Tenn. 20
5 Chicago 5
6 Dallas 3
7 New Orleans 22
8 New York 21
9 Las Vegas 16
10 San Antonio 4
11 El Paso, Texas 24
12 Phoenix 18
13 Indianapolis 17
14 Fort Worth, Texas 6
15 Mesa, Ariz. 12
16 Columbus, Ohio 10
17 Wichita, Kan. 16*
18 Kansas City, Mo. 14
19 Miami 15
20 Long Beach, Calif. 23*
21 Oklahoma City 13
22 Tulsa, Okla. 19
23 Atlanta 11
24 Charlotte, N.C. 22*
25 Baltimore 23
* Ranking in the top 25 fittest cities in 2004

25 Fittest Cities
Rank City Rank in 2004
1 Seattle 6
2 Honolulu 1
3 Colorado Springs, Colo. 5
4 San Francisco 2
5 Denver 4
6 Portland, Ore. 8
7 Sacramento, Calif. 10
8 Tucson, Ariz. 9
9 San Diego 14
10 Albuquerque, N.M. 12
11 Boston 7
12 Virginia Beach, Va. 3
13 Minneapolis, Minn. 18
14 Fresno, Calif. 15
15 Milwaukee, Wis. 21
16 Omaha, Neb. 11
17 San Jose, Calif. 20
18 Jacksonville, Fla. 13
19 Austin, Texas 19
20 Oakland, Calif. 17
21 Los Angeles 25
22 Arlington, Texas 8*
23 Washington 25
24 Cleveland 9*
25 Nashville-Davidson, Tenn. 24

Why everyone hatin on florida? I have been to texas a few times and to me its like one large desert. But your best bet is to live on ethier the west coast or east coast. Try to stay away from all of the middle. Landlock states suck.

carmen_US.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.