massive google slap this morning, anyone else get hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
slap.jpg

I haven't seen any major slap yet, but that might be because I'm on the content network. It's still early in the day but I'm still getting clicks and impressions.

Maybe try instead of putting straight to affil link make a phpscript to do a curl grab of the page and display it on your domain, just fake the referrer and all posts should go through fine.

whoa...never thought to do that. now i know how all these different domains display the advertiser's LP and it looks like a direct link but its not. thanks.

anything i should be aware of with this method? google doesn't notice this?

It's obvious that Google is putting the smackdown on the "lazy affiliate" method of "bridge pages" (adwords --> landing page -[affiliate link]-> merchant)

Even cloaking the outbound links will probably only be a temporary fix that won't pass a manual review.

It doesn't matter how much relevent content your site has, if you're using bridge pages Google doesn't love you any more and that "not relevent" message is just their way of saying "Get Lost"

IMO, if your minimum bids went to $1 Google is trying to tell you to fix something. If they went to $10 Google is saying GTFO and don't come back

If Google just kicked you in the nuts, I'd say the answer to "why?" can be found in one of these links.

Affiliate URLs

Are there any types of websites that merit low landing page quality scores?

Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines

Just called them. the tech was not even aware there was an update. Said my problem was landing page relevance, then looked at the LP and said it was completely relevant and he had no idea. He's apparently going to talk to their techs and email more complete info. I'll keep yall updated.

It's obvious that Google is putting the smackdown on the "lazy affiliate" method of "bridge pages" (adwords --> landing page -[affiliate link]-> merchant)

Even cloaking the outbound links will probably only be a temporary fix that won't pass a manual review.

It doesn't matter how much relevent content your site has, if you're using bridge pages Google doesn't love you any more and that "not relevent" message is just their way of saying "Get Lost"

IMO, if your minimum bids went to $1 Google is trying to tell you to fix something. If they went to $10 Google is saying GTFO and don't come back

If Google just kicked you in the nuts, I'd say the answer to "why?" can be found in one of these links.

Affiliate URLs

Are there any types of websites that merit low landing page quality scores?

Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines

Pretty much what he said.

In previous slaps I've had landing page uber relevant, got slapped. Bought a new domain, same landing page with minor tweaks, great all across the board.

Now $10 bids again. The future of marketing is IMO white label or transferring to new domains and have manual reviewer slap you time to time.

Just an update... I bought a new domain, change the LP and added new content, changed the ads and reuploaded everything. So far so good, back to great QS .05 min bids though. Unfortunately I lost my good history now my ad rankings are super low and the cpc is super high. I am getting 1/10 the traffic i had before. too bad....

Is this new? I don't remember affiliates being listed before:

Website Types to Advertise with Caution

The following website types will sometimes merit low landing page quality scores and may be difficult to advertise affordably. If you choose to advertise one of these website types, be particularly careful to adhere to our landing page quality guidelines - especially the rule about offering unique content.

* eBooks that show frequent ads
* 'Get rich quick' sites
* Comparison shopping sites
* Travel aggregators
* Affiliates

Anyone getting a massive increase in impressions? One of my adgroups for a popular word I managed to optmize to only get about 500 impressions a day, today its at 15,000 impressions WTF and about the same amount of clicks. Anyone know what's going on?

Anyone getting a massive increase in impressions? One of my adgroups for a popular word I managed to optmize to only get about 500 impressions a day, today its at 15,000 impressions WTF and about the same amount of clicks. Anyone know what's going on?

automatic matching?
i didnt notice any increase from it until yesterday. And they managed to blow my whole budget

Hahahaha You'll notice posts on my blog focusing on reuploading a CSV campaign for a reason... ;)

I got hit for one of my campaigns but ah well...

Just posted that today huh? Wow, you're really on top of this shit!

What are you trying to say, that everytime a campaign gets slapped you just download it, edit it, then re-up it?

Thats smaaart! No wonder you are a "Super Affiliate"!

You should probably go whore your piece of shit blog over at DP or Warrior though, they might believe that you know what the fuck your're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.