Marketleverage Sucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoko

New member
Aug 10, 2007
530
5
0
I don't know what you guys have experienced so far with marketleverage, but for me they turned out to be the worst network with pathetic support.
After waiting for almost 2 weeks in hope that this issue will get resolved.. I am putting things up in here so you can decide who is right and wrong. So think twice before you send traffic to these people.

here is how it all started..

Feb 9 :

My affiliate manager pm'ed me over AIM and asked me about the offers i am running these days. After i told him about Acai and colon, he requested me to test some of there offers. I agreed as i never did a single sale with them since i registered .. ( I thought its a good oppurtunity to build relationship with them).. So later on that day i switched my links to marketleverage to test there offers. I did around 15 sales over Acai & colon offers. After running it up for 2 hours i found that conversions were pritty poor.. the ecpc was like 2-3$ compairing to 6$ over eads. So i switched links back to eads.


Feb 12 :

It was a normal day for me until i got a email from marketleverage complaince manager.

Good Afternoon Mr. *****

Pursuant to Section 8.2 of the Publisher Terms and Conditions, your MarketLeverage account is being terminated. In making the decision to terminate your account, MarketLeverage considered many factors, such as feedback from participating advertisers regarding the quality of your leads, your statistics on various offers, the appropriateness of your website(s), and/or the quality of your opt-in e-mail lists. Based upon our evaluation of these and other facts and circumstances, we have decided to terminate your account at this time.

Please cease to use, remove, and delete all advertisements and related materials that you may have obtained in connection with your participation in the MarketLeverage network. You should be aware that your obligations under the Publisher Terms and Conditions, including your obligation to indemnify MarketLeverage and its advertisers from any acts or omissions committed by you, survives the termination of your account.

Sincerely yours,

Compliance Manager
I replied to the complaince manager and asked for the reason of termination of my account. So in reply to my email she sent me a log file, highlighting the duplicate ip's. And when i checked the log file i was shocked to see that there were no duplicate IP's on a single offer. Almost all of us have seen the blogs where we double sell the acai and colon offers, so there is every reason a person will order both trials.. hence they got 2 same IP on the file, but for different offers.

So i sent another email to complaince manager, explaining that there has been some mistake on there end as i am double selling the offer so thats the reason they got duped IP's on the file.

Sent few more emails in hope that she will check into the log file again ... but she never replied. I tried calling there number but it gets hanged after a minute, so i couldn't reach anyone over phone too. After this, i tried talking to my AM. I though he probably will help me, but he told me to talk to compliance dept. which wasn't replying my emails.

I am tired of emailing and explaining things to these pricks now. I lost few bucks in there.. but now I am happy that I know that they are worst network out there. I am doing pritty good volume with other networks with same traffic and LP’s and never had such a problem with other network. I thought it could be rare case, but how these people stopped communicating with me regarding the issue is what irks me most. The log file that was sent to me attached here.

MarketLeverage Sucks![FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
 

Attachments



It's amazing a company is willing to loose $$$$ over the incompetence of their workers...

If I were management at ML I'd start some firing, as this isn't the first time a problem with ML has been posted on wickedfire.
 
since i'm signed up with so many networks i usually drive low traffic (e.g. testing a niche with direct linking on msn or ysm) to one offer of a new network and just let it run for a couple of months to check how they act (towards low volume) affiliates.

after some time i decide whether to push that offer and use the network or not. guess what, marketleverage didn't make the race.
 
So, are you getting paid for those sales anoko? It sucks that Marketleverage treated you and others so poorly but thank you for posting about it.
 
I think its amazing how some affiliate networks who have employees that don't even know what affiliate marketing is.
 
I've noticed some funny things as well with them. When I start sending them traffic, ususually for the first week the conversions are good and steady. I then, increase the volume and my conversions fall off a cliff.

For example, I sent 300 visitors to their LPs and got 30 sales per day for a week. So when I up the volume to 1000 visitors, my sales drop to 5 per day. That's some serious shaving going on imo. Interesting how this doens't happen with other networks.
 
^^ That sucks you aren't getting paid.

They give away a ton of cool shit, so we should probably overlook this, ya know?
 
That sucks. The first reaction I have is it makes me think they decided to fuck around with you because they knew you decided to work with someone who gave you a better deal.
 
They got on my nerves as well.

They kicked me out from the network due to inactivity but spam me everyday with the notification of new offers. What's worse, there's no way for me to unsub.

A company that does not comply to anti-spam policy, what a joke.
 
I'm just playing devil's advocate here...

There are a couple strange things in the logfile. First, more than half of your buyers go ahead and buy both products. Second, the duplicate buyers seem to make their second purchase within a few minutes of their first - almost like they didn't even read the ad-copy on the sites.

These are both signs of incentivization, which is typically not allowed on acai/colon offers. Is that what you were doing? If so, I can see why you were booted.

Again, just playing devil's advocate.
 
my affiliate manager talked me OUT of running an offer over there this week. For real...
 
I had an issue where an advertiser refused to pay for the leads I generated at ML and ML reimbursed me for my PPC costs plus 20% - losing that 4k would have hurt bad.
 
I'm just playing devil's advocate here...

There are a couple strange things in the logfile. First, more than half of your buyers go ahead and buy both products. Second, the duplicate buyers seem to make their second purchase within a few minutes of their first - almost like they didn't even read the ad-copy on the sites.

These are both signs of incentivization, which is typically not allowed on acai/colon offers. Is that what you were doing? If so, I can see why you were booted.

Again, just playing devil's advocate.
That all sounds relatively standard for acai/colon combo pages to me
I mean, if they took their time and read they probably wouldn't order. So I don't know what the merchant would expect there.

That's what surprises me about this. On the surface, it looks completely standard for those products.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.