Love to drink beer by "Glass" or "Bottle"?

Oh jesus.. just saw the KWAK ^^ tht stuff is amazing. The only serve it in halves round here cos it is tht strong!! lol

For me beer/lager always tastes better in a bottle - nothing better than drinking an ice cold beer, out a bottle on a warm summers day.

Beer on tap will always taste better than bottled or canned beer. Just my opinion, but I think most beer drinkers feel that way.

That being said, for big beers, ie ales, stouts, porters etc., if you don't pour them into a glass, you're not doing the beer justice. Just like wine, it really need the oxygen to breath and open up some of the flavors.

For shitty, mass produced beer, you might notice a difference when you get it on draft, but I don't bother pouring it into a glass when I've bot bottles. Not worth dirtying the dishware.

In bars - pubs: of course glass. Plus it would be stupid to pay more for bottled beer. Draught> bottle any time. I don't understand people buying bottles in the bar when they can enjoy draught beer.

Now another thing when you buy bottle from the store and drink it at home - I prefer not to poor it in glass and drink it straight from the bottle.

if it's pisswater like bud light or corona I don't care. And if it's Heineken, I just pour it out

I don't think bud light is better than heineken. Plus all these mass produced piss water beers are +- the same in taste.

In bars - pubs: of course glass. Plus it would be stupid to pay more for bottled beer. Draught> bottle any time. I don't understand people buying bottles in the bar when they can enjoy draught beer.

Now another thing when you buy bottle from the store and drink it at home - I prefer not to poor it in glass and drink it straight from the bottle.

Well Said!!!

If you're in a pub, definitely a glass. Being able to drink draught in a glass is half the reason to pay the extra vs drinking at home.

Agree with efeezy - proper beers need room to breathe otherwise you miss half the taste. It's like drinking nice red wine from the bottle.

Bud, miller, carling, heineken whatever doesn't matter what you drink it from. It still tastes like shit.

Bud is as much beer as cheez wiz is cheese.

At the bar: glass. At home: glass if I'm not too lazy, which isn't very often.

As for good beers not coming in cans, I beg to differ. I bought a 24 pack of Warsteiner in cans at a Total Wine in Arizona this past summer. They were delicious.

And while we're on the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm disappointed in the American microbrew scene. I haven't found one single microbrew that can compare to the brews found overseas. Does that make me a terrorist?

Just because you pump up the alcohol content and make the beer as dark as humanly possible does not make it a good beer. I am, however, open to suggestions, since I am such a fair-minded, unbiased, and inherently logical individual.

And while we're on the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm disappointed in the American microbrew scene. I haven't found one single microbrew that can compare to the brews found overseas. Does that make me a terrorist?

BLASPHEMY!

Jolly Pumpkin is doing things with beer nobody else in the world is doing. See here, here, and here. The only thing I can compare them with would be the infamous Goudenband out of Belgium which is almost impossible to get anymore unless you're a monk. Unbelievably good shit, and maybe the best thing I've ever tasted in my life. Everything they crank out is better than anything else out there. (Ann Arbor, MI)

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout is like drinking the tears straight from an angels eyeballs. They also have a Canadian Breakfast Stout that I have yet to be able to get my hands on but I hear it is a one of a kind brew. (Grand Rapids, MI)

Bell's Expedition Stout tastes like you would imagine the Virgin Mary's pussy to taste like and for extra points get the double cream bourbon special batch of it. Or if you're a hophead their Hopslam is the best IPA in the world bar none. (Kalamazoo, MI)

Also, the Raspberry Eisbock from Kuhnhenn Brothers is unfuckingbelievable, but hard to compare with anything else in the world - almost like a Belgian Lambic. (Warren, MI)

These are just a few breweries in Michigan. We might have the best quality here in Michigan, but there is some good shit to be found elsewhere if you know what you're looking for.