lol indian sir lol

somebody stop dat nigga

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63M34s8afbo]YouTube - The one time white ppl can say nigger[/ame]

Huh? No one uses the word sir over here, really.

I was under the impression that you guys were the ones who used it a whole load?..

I.e. when a police officer addresses you over there, what does he call you if he's telling you to step out of the car?

so at school did you call your teacher bruv?

Good one Nigga... ! :thumbsup: I hate the word 'Sir' even though am an Indian. Some people in India, feel respected enough when we refer them as "Sir" and sometimes, they even force us to call them with that name. Lol.. ! The Bank manager here, will do your work only when we refer him as fucking "SIR". This is fucking retarded.. ! I should just call him Nigga, today onwards..

Reminds me of this from years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgjwjaBJ5Do]YouTube - Tokyo Breakfast[/ame]

[1/23/11 11:14:12 AM] me: jagd you ready to party with the hoes
[1/23/11 11:15:24 AM] jagd: I've just googled "hoes" and.....
[1/23/11 11:15:37 AM] me: good huh
[1/23/11 11:15:39 AM] jagd: nigga you could have stoped me

Starting to sound a little fake...

Even so, the first one was funny, so well done.

More annoyed by than hate.

We're just informal, and feel that Sir is what you call your father or grandfather, or the President when you meet him, but business moves too slowly when you use such formalities throughout the workday.

Hmm I have to doubt that. I thought all americans use sir most of the time. When I visit (I don't visit south as some people mentioned, usually is NY, Ohio and Chicago) I hear this word all the time. Shop attendants, coffe house workers, police and everybody says that. Like "excuse me, sir, you lost your wallet" or stuff like that. Even I got called sir many many times and its not because I am old (most of the times I am even younger than the one adressing me). So as a tourist I have hard time believing that thisword is not popular or that this is only popular in the south
just 2cents :)

Of course I completely understand that these situations like the one with programmer is uncomfortable, because when you work together you don't call your partner/colleague sir, all I am saying that I am not sure "sir" is not used and not popular when addressing person you don't know.

[1/23/11 11:14:12 AM] me: jagd you ready to party with the hoes
[1/23/11 11:15:24 AM] jagd: I've just googled "hoes" and.....
[1/23/11 11:15:37 AM] me: good huh
[1/23/11 11:15:39 AM] jagd: nigga you could have stoped me

Just lost my mind

Hmm I have to doubt that. I thought all americans use sir most of the time. When I visit (I don't visit south as some people mentioned, usually is NY, Ohio and Chicago) I hear this word all the time. Shop attendants, coffe house workers, police and everybody says that.
You've got a point, now that I think about it more.

Sir is a servile word everywhere. (Where english is spoken, of course.)

If I go to a store or coffeeshop that i don't frequent, I'll hear it too. You're absolutely right about that point.

It doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me though!

I go for months or more without hearing it because I tend to frequent the same stores and places where I already know the people. -So I guess the general rule of thumb in the USA is:

If they know your name, they can stop calling your sir and everyone prefers it that way. Otherwise, all strangers would be called sir here by all clerks & waiters.

lol I have a group of indians who have been working with me for about a year now.

I'm working on getting there tourist visas in line to come this summer for a visit.

I'm planning on taking these 2 lil sir's to the strip club down the street from asu....lol

This is quite interesting.

Best of luck to your INDIAN sir's

it's not really a respect thing, it really is an inferiority thing, and it all comes down to the caste system [wiki that if you're not familiar], for any worker his/her boss is likely to be higher caste, and therefore superior in indian culture.

And if the boss doesn't get addressed in a superior manner, like called "sir", it's likely to be taken as disrespect and yes, workers will get fired for something like that.

It's totally different in western society where people dislike others asslicking them.