Kony 2012

zimok

Click, Whirr.
Oct 27, 2008
Canada... eh!
vimeo.com/37119711

Watch this if you want your faith in humanity restored, only if for a few picoseconds. This is the kind of reality that hits every single one of your 1st world problems with a nuclear bomb and fills you with empathy.

Recognize the moment at 7:29 when he starts making a promise without knowing what it would entail... It's these people who tackle problems bigger than themselves that make the world better for all of us.

meh. if the US government sending in troops isnt going to stop him, nothing will.

like the politicians said, it doesnt conflict with US interests so no one will care.

Should do the same sort of video but make it to help our own country

US probably created and funds those rebels anyways..

boooooooo

About 10 minutes into the video I was interested in the link to donate to a good cause .. but since these tree hugging assholes have already forced me to pick up the tab on furthering their agenda, Stopped watching. fuck them.

Nice video.
g.gif

Although I could give a rat's ass for his cause, I watched this to the end for the VERY POWERFUL marketing advice within.

Do you guys realize that if you took all the Kony stuff out of this film, (the middle 9/10ths) and inserted any injustice you see inside it, this little video can move mountains? I just wish Ron Paul had such a filmmaker in his ranks... :(

What I've learned:

1. The millennials see themselves as having options that we didn't. They may not be totally delusional, but the powerful part is that they SEE it. They see that Facebook can erase borders and the government can start to work for them because of this new tool they have. That is quite a different mindset than my generation had. It's pretty polar opposite from the boomers.

2. A filmmaker and a true cause like Kony or Paul don't succeed without each other. The Kony cause would go nowhere without that filmmaker doing such a great job. Paul's films haven't been about the cause yet, just some TV ad spots meant to degrade competitors and state his objectives. Paul needs to have a documentary like this made by a filmmaker like this guy.

3. Our future existence is becoming clear: activist videos like these will be proven effective and as long as they have a powerful cause behind them, they will be shared and information will start to pass in this way. Even lesser (non-activist) video reporting will eventually be shared thus too; replacing the media outlets in the future with true peer-to-peer news. This sounds like a good thing to me because I despise the MSM, but it will be very different than it is today because no two people will get the same set of news reporting... No uniformity in programming at all.

Overall this is good news. I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open on April 20th.

^-Not so sure if I agree with you on the point of RP not having any 3rd party video guys making videos for his cause. There have been several made with near a million views+ or more each, (shit the one I made even has 30k+ views).

...also, I might add, that a story of some ruthless dictator brutally murdering children / abducting / forcing rape / torture is a hell of a lot easier sell than promoting the idea of a politician who's constantly being downplayed by mass media.

...As I said dreamache; film the CAUSE, not the man. Don't even mention Paul until you have to, as late in the film as possible, if at all.

...As I said dreamache; film the CAUSE, not the man. Don't even mention Paul until you have to, as late in the film as possible, if at all.

For sure, that's what I did in mine:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAzrZCD65c&context=C32f1401ADOEgsToPDskJqH4IZFPk1GCJkJAn_AUCq]The Dangers of NDAA & SOPA - YouTube[/ame]

..though I initially did have his name; makes good sense to not.

That's a damn fine little film there dreamache. Awesome.

Now make one that is up to date (no SOPA) and don't mention Paul... Something that can continue to be passed around and you'll see that wherever it goes, Paul is mentioned in the comments below anyway.

But even that would be a very small film not exposing the whole cause, much less a call to action.