Joomla or Wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
admittedly I have never played around with drupal much... I have heard it has its benefits but to my opinion (Which I know doesnt way much around here) it has lost its major following it once had... am I correct in my interpretation around the net with drupal?

I say go for wordpress because its simple, easy to administer and backward compatible with templates designed for earlier versions.

Never did like Joomla. Wordpress has always been my weapon of choice. Plenty of great themes and plugins

I also forgot to mention that the each new updated version surpasses the last in terms of improvements, features and functionality

Using wordpress (2.7) you can install plugin automatic.. verry cool
Some joomla ex have a vulnerability

Wordpress, all the way.
It's easier to edit, to publish, to manage, and anyone can learn it in a day.

I have always used Wordpress in the past, and it has been great. Having said that over the past week I have put together a Joomla site. I have to say Joomla is pretty damn nice, it is a lot more powerful than WP. There are a ton of plugins & modules that make stuff very clean and easy to do. The latest ver of Joomla is SEO friendly too.

It takes a little time to find your way around the control panel because there are so many options. My recomendation for anyone wanting to try Joomla is, first off only use it if you need a CMS with a lot of nice features, if you only need a blog type site, stick with WP. Second, if you are going to go with Joomla, buy a template from a place like RocketTheme because they will give you an install that will load Joomla, the template and all the sample content to make it look and work just like their demos. This way you can see where everything is at and how everything works.

Joomla is very cool once you get the hang of it....much more flexable that WP.

Status
Not open for further replies.