Im a noob, Im overwhelmed, where do I start?

@papajohn: I know. I left that alone anyways.

@RYP

I presume you've got your company/product picked out already?

1. Build your website--Since you're a noob, I'd use Wordpress.com as it's very basic, yet useful
2. Start PPC ads with Google, MSN & Yahoo. Use the Google Keyword Research tool to choose your keywords (just search for it on the internet).
3. Begin SEOing--link building, article submission, social media marketing, etc
4. Maintain a blog & write posts that have a high keyword density of a keyword that isn't highly competitive.
5. You can also make squidoo pages and hubpages.

I guess this'll keep you busy for awhile... :)

Thanks. Thats pretty much what I was told to do already but I suppose you added a bit more detail. Im pretty much at step 4 right now and like you said its been keeping me busy. Ill look into squidoo and hubpages.

Update to whoever is wondering. I got in contact with a rep from Ads4Dough and Im all in now.

Question: When a person does a search on google do the results come back in the same order/ranking every time for every person?

Im asking because when I put in certain keywords for my campaign my site is first out of 1000s. Im not complaining but I havent done any real SEO yet so its weird to me that my site would naturally rank so high let alone first. Im wondering if that just because google recognizes my computer and thinks thats what Im looking for or something.

According to Google:

"When possible, Google will customize your search results based on location and/or recent search activity. Additionally, when you're signed in to your Google Account, you may see even more relevant, useful results based on your web history"

So that answers my question.

A wordpress landing page? I remember seeing somewhere in WF that WP isnt good for landing pages. Ill use it though, its all I know for now.

Thanks Skeletor.

In my opinion this depends the template. there are many templates (free) that allow you to exclude the nav column which cleans the page up considerably to use as a sale page keeping your sites theme.

People, don't brush Clickbank off so easily - I'm a newbie myself and have had success with Clickbank direct linking. If you pick the right keys you will get that guac

People, don't brush Clickbank off so easily - I'm a newbie myself and have had success with Clickbank direct linking. If you pick the right keys you will get that guac

If alot of people with experience are brushing off clickbank, and you're new, you probably shouldn't correct them if you don't have the experience to back it up.

What do you consider success? Direct Linking (you idea of success is already below what most will accept if you are direct linking)

Does everyone really advise PPC for complete newbies as you could lose some real cash? I would think non risk stuff just to get your feet wet, LP experience, and all that would be better...no?

What do you consider success? Direct Linking (you idea of success is already below what most will accept if you are direct linking)

Success is running a test for three days and on the 4th making consistent sales. The DL was good in determining if the product and my research would attract potential buyers. Now I have LP's up

I know that I am a newbie to this site but I have researched internet marketing in the past and I personally think that PPC for complete newbies probably is not the best idea, because as Wrenny says they run the risk of losing some real money. If they are willing to take these risks they should make sure they have done plenty of research.