I Need to GTFO of Cali for a While - Suggestions?

You could probably negotiate 3months at a 4 star all inclusive in a lot of central/south America cities for around 5k. You may gain 40 pounds and kill your liver, but some have wireless Internet now.

playa del carmen mexico

-safe
-easy to get a 6 month visa
-beautiful beaches
-cheap real estate
-girls
-good nightlife

Come May Gray and June Gloom it doesn't.

Still two months of warm weather, just not as sunny. Then July rolls around and I walk a few blocks and sit on the beach in front of a youth hostel (EH MATTSEH?!?!?) and watch the new foreign bikini fashions frolic around in the sand.

Places with terrible weather are meant for visiting, not for living.

well do you have a girlfriend or side bitch who will accompany you?

Yes, but that's kind of what I'm trying to get away from.

Vieques, Puerto Rico. Use airbnb.com for lodging, fly.com for flights.

Thanks, I like airbnb, but never thought of PR. U been?

playa del carmen mexico

-safe
-easy to get a 6 month visa
-beautiful beaches
-cheap real estate
-girls
-good nightlife

Playa is on my short list for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I've been looking at Chang Mai and Phuket. They both look good and doable, money wise. Been working on getting a 60 day visa and learning the specifics of a visa border jump. (to get visa renewed)

Get a 60 day visa (single entry ones are easy to get) and then you can get a 30 day extension while you are there.

If you decide to train Muay Thai, go train at Team Quest. Awesome guys training and coaching there, had a great time and will definitely go back.

You could do Costa Rica for that. From N. Cali your talking probably $700 for a flight. Then go the back packers / hostel route on the beach and move around. Most of those places are cheap and some have really good pricing. You could probably do 2-3 months on your budget after flight.