I haz compuuuuterz

I think he's Botting Warcraft gold... (using wifi connections.)

But keeping them next to each other like that is going to melt some laptops soon.

Get a KVM for those - save you having to switch the cable. Or just RDP into them - no cable or KVM required :)

Set up an Eucalyptus Private Cloud (It's quite easy with the latest Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud)

Keep the setup on a small server rack and use your laptop to manage all instances via wireless network while comfortably sitting on a chair!

Just using a KVM / VBox / vmare is also a bit old method today as we can do it even nicely and professionally with a private cloud setup.

WTF am I the only one that remebers the guy that was "scraping the whole internet" with 5 netbooks? That's what first came to mind.

Also that guy that posted months back about his 6 netbooks that spammed craigslist posts.

It certainly is a pretty funny setup, my guess is he will move on to a better solution soon though. All them poor laptop HDs are going to die running 24/7.

Fine, to make all you haterz a little more happy, I'll make my setup a tad more ghetto. I'm heading down to Lowes to buy some window fans to put behind the machines to keep them a little cooler (even though they seem to be doing fine as they are). Going to setup RDP on each of the machines today too.

Fine, to make all you haterz a little more happy, I'll make my setup a tad more ghetto. I'm heading down to Lowes to buy some window fans to put behind the machines to keep them a little cooler (even though they seem to be doing fine as they are). Going to setup RDP on each of the machines today too.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Atoms are slow and can only support 2gb of ram, lord only knows what sort of bots he is running on these laptops but they are probably more powerful than that.

My guess is craigslist spam, or ewhore chat bots?

But they are cheap dont generate much heat/use much power and are easy to stack more on.

I am guessing the bots are not on that crazy of processors in the first place, if he is using $300 laptops.. Otherwise dell has some pretty good options for low end core2duo's.. Or a used blade server is a possibility.

Of course a few beastly machines with some virtualization would be my choice, but for whatever reason he doesnt do that.

Is there a way to use more windows accounts at once? I have several accounts all with different VPN connections in various countries, but when i want to acces my "italy" account i need to sign off from the "USA" account, sign back in to the "italy" account etc.

Is there a way to have them running simultaneously?

i have a rack of 8 computers working on video encoding
however, i use a switch so i use the same mouse and monitor for them
your setup seems like work to switch from one to the other

KVM switch i think