Here's an Adwords Exact and Phrase matching keyword tool I built

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Trying to make some moves
Nov 15, 2006
Toronto
I decided to build my own simple tool you can drop on your server (running php that is) to process your keywords. This way you can be sure your keywords won't be logged by anyone else.

I originally posted the issue here: http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate...ur-adwords-keywords-exact-phrase-matches.html

The tool is very basic, just enter your keywords and it'll return the list with the proper Adwords formatting for Exact and Phrase matching.

Attachments

• kw.zip
    537 bytes · Views: 26

Nice one. I use the editor, so it's not much use to me but still good job!

Would you know how to go about creating a tool that takes a list of keywords, separates the individual words and outputs all combinations of them? (Poss as a paid job? - I was going to post on scriptlance or similar, but it would be cool if I could get it done here)

eg:

word1 word2 word3
word1 word4 word5 etc goes in

word1 word2 word3
word1 word3 word2
word2 word1 word3
word1 word4 word5
word1 word5 word4.... etc comes out

Hey LazyHippy, I'm pretty sure you can find a free online tool to do it.

Nice one. I use the editor, so it's not much use to me but still good job!

Would you know how to go about creating a tool that takes a list of keywords, separates the individual words and outputs all combinations of them? (Poss as a paid job? - I was going to post on scriptlance or similar, but it would be cool if I could get it done here)

eg:

word1 word2 word3
word1 word4 word5 etc goes in

word1 word2 word3
word1 word3 word2
word2 word1 word3
word1 word4 word5
word1 word5 word4.... etc comes out

Cheers - I've came across quite a few that create combinations, but if I use Wordtracker, Google keyword tool or similar I get a load of long tail keywords and it takes ages to split them to put into the separate boxes!

I'm a bit cautious about using most online keyword services as well unless I know 100% they don't keep the lists. I'll have a look at Overzone in a bit - looks similar to another one I've tried. (How many keyword tools are there out there?! lol!)

Hey LazyHippy, I'm pretty sure you can find a free online tool to do it.

Yeah? I can find loads that give you the boxes to put separate words in, and even some that automatically produce all the combinations from the boxes... but nothing to split long tail keywords... If you happen to know of anything let me know!

Hey Hippy,

In the absense of anyone breaking their leg to try to build you a tool, would you be willing to use Excel? It's really pretty quick and easy.

Here goes...

Put your keyword phrases into a plain text file, like notepad. Use the edit>replace function to replace spaces with commas. In the "Find What" box, type a space and in the "Replace With" box type a comma.

Now, each line should look like:

word1,word2,word3

There shouldn't be any spaces between any of the words, only commas. Also make sure you don't have any rogue leading or trailing spaces. You can do the replace function again, this time put a space in the "Find What" box and don't touch the "Replace With" box. That'll eliminate all the spaces for you.

Save the file with a new name so you don't lose your original.

Open Excel and start a new workbook. On the menu bar, select "Data" and in the drop down, choose "Get External Data>Import Text File." Double click on the file you just added commas to and a window will open that should already have the "delimited" box ticked and will show you a preview of the file. Click "Next."

In step 2, select "comma" and deselect anything else that may have been selected by default. Click "Next."

In step 3 of the wizard, leave the tick for "General" under "Custom Data Format" and once again, you'll see a preview. It should show all the words seperated into their own columns. Click "Finish." Another little window will pop asking you where you want to save the data. Click OK and it'll populate the fields.

Now, place your cursor on the letter at the top of the first column, (A) right click and copy, then paste into a clean notepad file. Save it and repeat for each column.

Open each file and clean out the duplicates then resave them.

Now you can copy and paste each set of single words into whatever keyword mixer you want to use and it'll mix and mash them up into all sorts of combinations.

It sounds more complicated than it is but, after you've done it once, you'll sail through it.

Granted, it isn't as cool as anything fully automated but you get what you pay for and this was free. HAH!

Hope it helps.

Reactions: LazyHippy
That made my beanie spin ouch! I saw a dewd on here post a really kewl KW geographic thing that looks like it would rock

Sorry about that Prop.

I do a lot of my KW stuff with Excel and I've never had a "beanie incident." :eek:

I once did something with city, state, zip that generated more than 240 million phrases. Unfortunately, I don't have a server large enough to hold all the pages.

Man I need to figure this out and pass it on to one of our gals as I think it would be phat for long tails.

Wait so Hippy, you just want it to take keywords and spit out the permutations organized into different adgroups?

Say you had the keywords: blue foobar widgets

You would have:

Code:
blue foobar widgets
blue widgets foobar
foobar blue widgets
foobar widgets blue
widgets blue foobar
widgets foobar blue

Would you want three adgroups there? One that started with blue, one that started with foobar, and one that started with widgets?

Little update...

I just ran a crappy little list of useless (to me... feel free) words through my setup to time myself and get a count. I turned this list of 41 phrases:

100 bee candle wax
100 bee wax candle
bee buy candle ear wax where
bee canada candle wax
bee candle cart view wax
bee candle church wax
bee candle coil wax
bee candle cover wax
bee candle ear wax
bee candle handmade wax
bee candle kit wax
bee candle making supply wax
bee candle making wax
bee candle pure wax
bee candle scented wax
bee candle supply wax
bee candle taper wax
bee candle wax wholesale
bee wax aromatherapy candle
bee wax candle
bee wax candle cover
bee wax candle hand rolled
bee wax candle kit
bee wax candle making supply
bee wax candle mold
bee wax candle shabbat
bee wax candle sheet
bee wax candle supply
bee wax ear candle
bee wax scented candle
bee wax soy candle
bee wax taper candle
church bee wax candle
colored bee wax candle
handmade bee wax candle
how to make bee wax candle
making bee wax candle
natural bee wax candle
pure bee wax candle
rolled bee wax candle
wholesale bee wax candle

into 47124 results in under 3 minutes. Out of respect to the board, I won't post the results here. :eek:

It could have been more but at least one of my base phrases contains 6 words and the largest mixer I could find holds 5 words across.

I just wanted to give any doubters an idea of how powerful this method is.

If anyone out there is inspired to write a script to do this and I hope you do, knock yourself out. As long as it doesn't turn into an e-book, I'll be OK with it. :D

While we're at it - has anyone bought a list of keywords from Long Tail Adwords ? How is the quality of those lists?

Chris,

Don't BUY keywords man, MAKE 'em! There are way too many places online to get longtails or even find them yourself.

Search WF for the Keyword Tools thread. It's a sticky in one of the topics, I can't recall which, but it'll be easy to find. Someone here wrote a really simple php script you can put in your own base word, upload it to your server and it'll search Overture all the way down to its sox. I get thousands of results from it. So many I'm surprised I haven't exceeded my bandwidth limits.

I'll send you a copy if you can't find it.

Checkout seoprotoolz.com for some more cool tools.

It's WAY too easy to come up with your own words.

Status
Not open for further replies.