Here's an Adwords Exact and Phrase matching keyword tool I built

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're at it - has anyone bought a list of keywords from Long Tail Adwords ? How is the quality of those lists?
Yeah, I've tried that thing once. It was alright, but nothing spectacular. It seems like all they do is take the keywords they've mined for KeyCompete (sister site) and then generate a long tail list by making permutations. If you're not lazy, just get the keywords from KeyCompete and make the long tail list yourself.

BTW, the time I used Long Tail Adwords I got a list based on TaxBrain.com and this is a sample of the 14800 keywords it spit out for me:
Code:
income tax prep 1040
income tax prep 1040a
income tax prep 1040ez
income tax prep 2004
income tax prep 2005
income tax prep 2006
income tax prep book
income tax prep booklet
income tax prep business
income tax prep california
income tax prep card
income tax prep county
income tax prep credit
income tax prep efil
income tax prep efile
income tax prep electronic
income tax prep federal
income tax prep file
income tax prep filing
income tax prep form
income tax prep free
income tax prep gift
income tax prep gove
income tax prep government
income tax prep help
income tax prep info
income tax prep information
income tax prep line
income tax prep maryland
income tax prep ohio
income tax prep online
income tax prep personal
income tax prep preparation
income tax prep prepare
income tax prep question
income tax prep quick
income tax prep rate
income tax prep ratio
income tax prep rebate
income tax prep refund
income tax prep refunds
income tax prep return
income tax prep revenue
income tax prep servic
income tax prep service
income tax prep services
income tax prep software
income tax prep state
income tax prep taxe
income tax prep taxes
income tax prep travel
income tax prep visa
income tax prep wisc
income tax prep wisconsin
(Those are some of the "better" ones...)

Cheers for that, Springer - fuckin great!! +rep!

Gonna try it later - using Google Docs n Spreads - but should still be fine I guess and Notetab does a nice job of sorting and removing duplicates.

The ex-Adwords guy here (Bradical?) PM'd me a site that gives the ususal boxes, but automatically makes all the permutations for ya:

Keyword Lizard, the Free AdWords Keyword Combination Tool!

The free version seems good, but he was a bit strange about it - said to keep quiet as it was a 'trade secret' (hmm) and he's not replied to me when I asked what his relationship was with them and whether they keep the lists - suggest use with caution. If I can find a software version of that then I'll be a very happy chappy.

Boxer Software - The Permutator - Product Information gives 5 boxes compared to the usual 3 or 4 - but you still have to rearrange manually.

That would be great if someone scripted it but it loks to me that you may not have to with your magical excel.

Cheers for that, Springer - fuckin great!! +rep!

Thanks Hippy, I appreciate it and you're absolutely welcome. It was my pleasure to help out. I'm happy you found it useful. I hope others do, as well.

I use the online versions of some keyword tools, like the one over here PPC Keyword Tool - Find Longtail PPC Keywords I'm not really paranoid but I DO believe the paranoid people are out to get me. :eek:

I'm not so protective of my keywords lists as I am of what I do with them and how I use them. It's like someone having the keys to my car but not knowing where it's parked.

And, in response to your post propellorhead, I agree it'd be quite a task for someone to code something like this when it takes just a few minutes of manual work to make thousands fo keywords... or, in the case I mentioned previously, millions. HAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.