Has Wickedfire become a ghost town?

mreed

Link Building Madman
Jan 20, 2007
Tucson, AZ
www.linkmason.com
Is it me or does it seem like there are less people "shooting the shit" on here these days? I used to hit the new posts button and have 2 or 3 pages of the freshy freshy. Now it seems there are only 4-5 new posts a day.

What is this madness???

Also is SEO dead?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo"]KC & The Sunshine Band - Please don't go (hi quality sound) - YouTube[/ame]

Google Trends

DP = is destroyed and literally DYING a slow death. full of pakis, indians, noobs. owner got caught eBay cookie stuffing all his traffic and got raped hard legally.
BHW = is ballin' out of control. has a TON of traffic. DiamondDave is definitely clockin' 1mil+ from it easily. eh bunch of no0bs over there tho. some good content but you have to sift through a ton of crap until you find it.
WaFo = shit quality. full of idiots who sell ebooks and guru level type BS.
WF = awesome as fuck. slightly down in usage but high in quality. Jon is probably making decent pocket change from BST. A bunch of smart people here.

INkRBis.png

Forums including this forum tend to have lower participation over time.

It's a combination of things some of which may include:

A lot of the really good posters moved on or went broke, or just got a day job. Most of the newer posters aren't as good.

People started posting marketing copy to promote their services instead of giving back to the community which was the norm between 2007 and 2010.

At one time, this forum was all about PPC and blackhat. Then SEO. Now, it's about services. I don't know what the next evolution will be but PPC was fun when everyone was banking out of control even if they were mentally retarded.

These are also the dog days of summer, it will probably pick up in a month or so. The question is, where do get new posters from? What can they offer? Will the norm be the bad troll posting in STS or will this community find a way to be better than a bad version of Reddit meets 4chan?

I am not worried about it. I think I might stick around to be the last guy to turn off the lights. Or maybe I will get a life and do something else tomorrow.

The future is wide open.

Wf for life. Shits on the newbs and the scum and keeps anyone that can get past such a barrier. I say it thins out the herd. Plus this place is entertaining. +1

everyone posts in the premium member section now, well at least everyone who is a premium member does.

I wish there was more marketing/copywriting discussion here. Seems like everyone and their mother fucks around with SEO nowadays...

But overall I think forums in general are dying out. Places like reddit and facebook groups offer more instant gratification.

Google Trends

DP = is destroyed and literally DYING a slow death. full of pakis, indians, noobs. owner got caught eBay cookie stuffing all his traffic and got raped hard legally.
BHW = is ballin' out of control. has a TON of traffic. DiamondDave is definitely clockin' 1mil+ from it easily. eh bunch of no0bs over there tho. some good content but you have to sift through a ton of crap until you find it.
WaFo = shit quality. full of idiots who sell ebooks and guru level type BS.
WF = awesome as fuck. slightly down in usage but high in quality. Jon is probably making decent pocket change from BST. A bunch of smart people here.

MYoZb.jpg

Forums including this forum tend to have lower participation over time.

It's a combination of things some of which may include:

A lot of the really good posters moved on or went broke, or just got a day job. Most of the newer posters aren't as good.

People started posting marketing copy to promote their services instead of giving back to the community which was the norm between 2007 and 2010.

At one time, this forum was all about PPC and blackhat. Then SEO. Now, it's about services. I don't know what the next evolution will be but PPC was fun when everyone was banking out of control even if they were mentally retarded.

These are also the dog days of summer, it will probably pick up in a month or so. The question is, where do get new posters from? What can they offer? Will the norm be the bad troll posting in STS or will this community find a way to be better than a bad version of Reddit meets 4chan?

I am not worried about it. I think I might stick around to be the last guy to turn off the lights. Or maybe I will get a life and do something else tomorrow.

The future is wide open.

I'm right there with you bro

Have you not noticed how many people are getting banned left and right starting stupid STS, this is more of a premium league kind of a forum. We pop bottles, crashed BMW's, Travel the world like legends, BANG SHEMALES/Tranny's, ohh oops, I mean make money/bang bitches, Can you even lift?

I'd love to see a SaaS / online service / real business sub-forum open up around here.

With a lot of the "cut the horse shit, start a real business" mantra that followed the Fat Man and Little Boy updates, I'd think that internet marketers and former affiliates would feel at home in that area.

in my opinion WF is becoming better with every month since early 2012 when I joined it. (nothing to do with me joining it tho)

There's awful lot of advice in so called "low quality threads". You just have to remember posters and see who is answering what. Lots of it happening in the non-STS forums. Then you start knowing that mituzo, for example, has an agency in the UK, and has lots of connections and know-how in this new world, where SEO is dead. You start knowing that cardine does language processing and went for uni to study it and has a damn sweet product, which can serve tons of purposes, the last one of which is spinning crappy articles. and lots and lots more. (Disclaimer: I don't know mituzo or cardine personally, so my opinion is a mere guess, at best).

1 in every 20 threads in the Enlightened Members' section is worth it IMO.