Guy Opinion: Grooming Lounge for Men, DC - Good Taste or Gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is gay. Men should go to barbershops. Not "spas" or "grooming lounges".

Oh.. btw men LOVE when you try to change them. These quotes really made me cringe..

"Also, the whole idea that pampering himself or paying extra close attention to his appearance is fruity has to be let go......"

"These kinda stereotypes prevent men from enjoying things they might otherwise not, IMHO"

"The problem is I am trying to get him more comfortable with indulging the er "gentleman" in him like other men of distinction and enjoy some of his success!"

Keep up this annoying behavior and you won't have a guy to worry about buying faggy gifts for and turning into your best girlfriend.

Oh.. btw men LOVE when you try to change them. These quotes really made me cringe..

Keep up this annoying behavior and you won't have a guy to worry about buying faggy gifts for and turning into your best girlfriend.

Fail - not a concern dear....

This made me lol

The whole don't change your guy kinda line is QFT

My girlfriend is a fashonista salon owner type that is all into massages and spas and would love to get me more involved in that social circle.

Now I'm decently groomed cause i couldn't leave the house if otherwise, but I just don't enjoy spending time in salons. I'm secure with my manhood and don't feel gay being there. Its just that most guys there are gay or the effeminate type and there's not a lot to relate to... very few of them are alpha male types ( and this is a census of her entire appointment book, not just at any time of the day ).
If he hasn't had the interest before or has even resisted in the past leave it alone... He might nod his head yes and thank you but inside he'll be like wtf is this shit...

Like how the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, most guys don't stray far from where ya found em (usually). If i met my gf in a salon then i'd probably have more intrest there... but alas, she met me at the gym. I'm still intrested in some self maintanance and I do enjoy pampering, but i'd prefer to be pampered by my partner. And not in a salon environment where 70% of the people there have more information and opinions about Kate +8 instead of whats going on in Iran for example.

Id rather have $450 spent on a blu ray player than a massage. Perfect combo would be you massaging him while watching a movie on his new blu ray player.

Id rather have $450 spent on a blu ray player than a massage. Perfect combo would be you massaging him while watching a movie on his new blu ray player.

You guys are bringing new meaning to the phrase "all men want is the three F's"

Be a Friend to him...

Feed him....

and

......him!

Well you can figure out the last F....lol

What was the old meaning of the phrase?

For the old phrase, refer to 6:30 of this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAh0q8CegVM]YouTube - Killing Them Softly Part 6[/ame]

"Chivalry died when women started readin' the shit in all them magazines. They got too much advice about men from other women. And they don't know what the fuck they're talkin' about. I see them in the grocery store, says on the cover '100 Ways to Please Your Man' by some lady. Come on man. Ain't no 100 ways. That list is 4 things long. Just suck his dick, play with his balls, and then fix him a sandwich and don't talk so much and he'll be happy!"

My two cents

Grooming Lounge

1745 L St., NW, Washington, DC. Tel. 202.466.8900
Calling all scruffy, shaggy-haired gentlemen: this spa's for you. The Grooming Lounge is a downtown delight, offering an extensive list of men's only services. Sample the shop's full array of treatment packages — from the Commander in Chief ($100) to the Congressman ($260) to the Supreme Court ($450).

No offense, but up to that point it sounds like it might be a regular hair salon ran by strippers, and the rest of the information is too much to process for the average male. I'm a girl - not just feminine but often positively effeminate - and I read the specifics of the services you offer in "wah wah" voices in my head.

It does, however, sound fantastic for men who are more in touch with their vanity. Just make sure you're appealing to the right market. It's not just gay men who care for their cuticles!

You boys are models of urban sophistication aren't you?! Doing wonders for the stereotype of affiliate marketers here.........

You boys are models of urban sophistication aren't you?! Doing wonders for the stereotype of affiliate marketers here.........

Straight men aren't sophisticated. If you want sophistication and the headaches that go along with it, either go dyke or date a gay man. The gay man would probably be better for you, it seems like you want a project.

If that place give REAL shaves, ie. straight razors, strops, hot lather and towels, the force him to go! For anyone that hasn't experienced a true barber's shave (facial shave you sickos) you're missing out. It's the equivalent of a facial for a guy. Unfortunately, it's a dying art.

If you really want to get him something sweet:

Straight Razor Sets

Great beginners set. Not outrageously priced, and all you need to add is soap, mug and strop.

For the ultimate razor, get a Thiers Issard or one of these: Zowada 7/8 Damascus, Spanish Point & Fossilized Mammoth Ivory Scales

That's almost a full inch of blade from spine to edge! I'll be the shave you get from that is SICK!

Oh yeah, and a great side of using a straight: shave your wife's whatever (legs, etc) and she'll be happy with the smoothest parts around! Once she gets over the fact you're coming at her with a straight razor.

I think I got sidetracked somewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.