Great program for tracking all your earnings, clicks, and stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

never use these kind of program, but seriously, you feel safe giving out password to third party?

Looks very useful.

Anyone know how secure this program is? Not sure I would want to turn over all of my usernames and passwords to them.

Wow... another copycat that felt the need to copy *everything* from us (StatsRemote). I really don't get this. If they get the idea from our software in the first place, why don't they at least make their software somehow original instead of copying every single feature from us.

I'm sorry that such a post is my first post here but I'm just so tired of these copycats. Since we released our software in 2002 this has happenend so many times.

And then I read this in their welcome mail:
---
We have spent 8 months and over 100 grand with a team of programmers adding every feature that we think would be useful, but it's quite possible that there are features we have overlooked.
---
So it took them 8 months and over 100 grand to copy pretty much every single feature from StatsRemote and still they only support about 50 programs while we support thousands. I guess they either have really bad developers or the 100 grand are in Yen.

Just a few examples:

statsremote.gif

statsjunky1.gif

statsjunky2.gif

I could make many more screenshots... the menu when you right click a program is pretty much the same... show graphs... custom income/expenses... email stats feature... differerence feature... send error report... play sounds... auto save feature... etc... everything is pretty much the same :(

If you want to check out the original, here's a free pass for StatsRemote which will be valid until December 15.

StatsRemote :: Clients :: Download, account lookup and cancelation.
username: wickedfire
password: freetrial

We also have versions for Mac and Linux in the works and will go into beta in December.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or want to be part of the Mac or Linux beta -> support A T statsremote D O T com

I'm sorry to hear they're nothing but copycats. I seriously didn't know when I made my original post. (Hadn't heard of StatsRemote, but someone in another forum gave a tip about StatsJunky). I will certainly uninstall StatsJunky now and go with StatsRemote instead. :)

StatsJunky never worked for me (tried with an account I had leftover)
To remedy their errors they wanted my PW... err?

SO some questions for JB247 then:

DO you support locales in amazon (tracking amazon.de instead of amazon.com) for example?

::emp::

I'm sorry to hear they're nothing but copycats. I seriously didn't know when I made my original post. (Hadn't heard of StatsRemote, but someone in another forum gave a tip about StatsJunky). I will certainly uninstall StatsJunky now and go with StatsRemote instead.
I'm glad you started this thread. Otherwise we wouldn't know about StatsJunky (found this thread in our server logs).

Please let me know if you need any help with StatsRemote :)

StatsJunky never worked for me (tried with an account I had leftover)
To remedy their errors they wanted my PW... err?

SO some questions for JB247 then:

DO you support locales in amazon (tracking amazon.de instead of amazon.com) for example?

::emp::
Yes, we support Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, Amazon.de and are in the process of adding Amazon.fr which should be included in this week's update on Friday.
StatsRemote :: Supported Programs :: Search Results for Amazon

You can see all supported programs here:
StatsRemote :: Supported Programs :: Affiliate programs and pay-per-click search engines (PPC SE).

If you use programs that are not supported yet, please use the form on above page to request them and we will try to add them ASAP.

I'm been meaning to use statsremote for ages and finally signed up today...looking fwd to using it

works great for me. does freeze/crash once in a while when i have a site open in IE that is running flash (I think that the offender) but overall its a huge timesaver.

works great for me. does freeze/crash once in a while when i have a site open in IE that is running flash (I think that the offender) but overall its a huge timesaver.
Do you mean StatsRemote or StatsJunky? If you mean StatsRemote, reinstalling the Microsoft JVM might help. You can find the download links here:
StatsRemote :: System Requirements :: What's required to run our software.

We will soon switch to Sun Java and this shouldn't happen at all anymore then.

Is statsremote trustworthy? because the idea of shelling out account access to a third party is a disturbing thought.

The cool thing about statsremote is if they don't support a program, you just email them or post on their forum and they usually add the program within a week.

About the accounts thing, they are stored on your computer and stats remote(employees) can't access them.

You guys need an affiliate program. I bet about 20 people just signed up, lol

Is statsremote trustworthy? because the idea of shelling out account access to a third party is a disturbing thought.
Cool1g and BigWill already answered this but I thought I go a bit more into detail :)

Here's a quote from our privacy policy:
---
When using our software your personal login details and stats of the supported affiliate programs and pay per click search engines are stored encrypted on your hard drive. We do not have access to your data at any time. Before StatsRemote checks your stats the software will connect to our server in order to check whether you are authorized to use the software. No information except the StatsRemote username and password is sent to our server at any time.
---

We've been in business with StatsRemote for almost 6 years now and there hasn't been a single security issue ever.

We're not interested in seeing your stats and we don't even know which programs you check with StatsRemote (unless you tell us).

Also, as you can probably imagine, we have a pretty nice member base after so many years and since we are a subscription based service I would never risk this recurring income just to have a look at your stats.

Of course, we could always build something into the software to spy on you but if we did this people would find out quickly and StatsRemote would be history.

In the end of the day you need to make the decision for yourself. You either trust us and save a lot of time like thousands of other affiliates and webmasters or you don't trust us and keep checking all your stats manually. We don't force anybody to use our software :)

Sounds fair enough, I've already joined and the program seems very promising. I guess only a perpetual would display the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.