GOOGLE JUST BANNED MY $200/DAY BUSINESS

If you think you will get away with anything in the grey or black forever your sadly mistaken your time will come.

Not forever, but a lot of my sites with blackhat-ish link profiles and content actually improved over the last week.

They did not (yet) knock me fully out of the game, but going to do something else them cocksuckers have no control over.

If you are thorough in how you plan out your strategy for the site's content, monetization, and ranking, then you can withstand a lot and adapt to nearly anything.

The key is making it look as natural as possible. Many people just leave their autoblogs, link-building programs, etc. at default settings or have read a strategy someone else said and didn't change it up to be more unique.

Footprints are what algorithms use to pick up on stuff. The closer to human-like you get, the more likely you'll slip through.

Anyway, you know that zingo, just saying it for the other people reading it that haven't had that concept sink in yet.

Not forever, but a lot of my sites with blackhat-ish link profiles and content actually improved over the last week.

If you are thorough in how you plan out your strategy for the site's content, monetization, and ranking, then you can withstand a lot and adapt to nearly anything.

The key is making it look as natural as possible. Many people just leave their autoblogs, link-building programs, etc. at default settings or have read a strategy someone else said and didn't change it up to be more unique.

Footprints are what algorithms use to pick up on stuff. The closer to human-like you get, the more likely you'll slip through.

Anyway, you know that zingo, just saying it for the other people reading it that haven't had that concept sink in yet.

Yeah I try to stay in the grey.. thinking of doing a lil more black after this actually.. ) Make some cheaper sites that look more human like instead of investing the money in real sites.. Will see what happens got a few ideas rollen around the head..

I try to build sites for the long haul, but a lot of them got knocked (still getting traffic but about half).. this algo is not over yet so sitting tight..

Nothing to do but learn, adapt and come back harder... This algo change did nothing but wake me the fuck up, after the initial shock of course.

I had some manual reviews done on some of my sites last Friday, and got -50's on top of the algo... Going to not be such a soft target next time :)

If you guys don't see me around as much it is because I am busting my ass again, but will still be helping to keep things cleaned up...

Yeah I try to stay in the grey.. thinking of doing a lil more black after this actually.. ) Make some cheaper sites that look more human like instead of investing the money in real sites.. Will see what happens got a few ideas rollen around the head..

I try to build sites for the long haul, but a lot of them got knocked (still getting traffic but about half).. this algo is not over yet so sitting tight..

Nothing to do but learn, adapt and come back harder... This algo change did nothing but wake me the fuck up, after the initial shock of course.

I had some manual reviews done on some of my sites last Friday, and got -50's on top of the algo... Going to not be such a soft target next time :)

If you guys don't see me around as much it is because I am busting my ass again, but will still be helping to keep things cleaned up...

How large is your website? Also, what's the root PR?

Just curious to see if I'll be in the same boat as you...

Thanks bud

Are you using GA for tracking your stats? I've really stopping using that on anything but sites that I don't do any sketchy stuff on. No sense in giving them extra site-specific data that there needs to be.

I haven't had a manual review lately, but on the last one I had a couple years ago I got a message that referenced something about a traffic source that could only have been gotten from them looking at my GA data.

It won't save you from your backlink profile of course, but substituting GA for Piwik or Clicky Web Analytics on your critical sites couldn't hurt.

Are you using GA for tracking your stats? I've really stopping using that on anything but sites that I don't do any sketchy stuff on. No sense in giving them extra site-specific data that there needs to be.

I haven't had a manual review lately, but on the last one I had a couple years ago I got a message that referenced something about a traffic source that could only have been gotten from them looking at my GA data.

It won't save you from your backlink profile of course, but substituting GA for Piwik or Clicky Web Analytics on your critical sites couldn't hurt.

Good idea, is Piwik server-side intensive? I don't want to bog down a high traffic site.

I hear a lot of this 'my account got banned from a few clicks years ago'
What things should I make sure to steer away from?
Shady rebills, flogs, fake review sites?

They can look at your GA or you Adsense ID as well if you have one..

Good advice should have listened before, but was complacent with what I was doing... like I said this woke me up.. losing lots of money will do that to ya ..

Hey zingo, I've got about 8 sites that all just got -50, wondering what the hell I can do with these?

is there a way out of the -50 penalty? (these are all 1 page affiliate product sites)

Also was wondering, is the entire domain -50? or if I make a new page on the domain it'll be able to rank.

Did you cry? I probably would have cried.

Nope, too angry to cry. Just worked harder. Too hard for mine own good, which lead to some pretty hardcore stimulant abuse. That was more than 6 months ago though.. clean now and I'm done with Google.

OP, you really just gotta move on and accept the fact that it's OVER. Don't spend your energy trying to get back on Google. I did this for almost a whole year.. I would get on for 2 months... banned... run 2 months... banned... etc.

And I actually had a pretty solid year doing that, in terms of money. But it eventually catches up too you, mentally. It's too fucking stressful and frustrating. It got to the point where I had my plan to get back on Google that worked every time... but I just couldn't get myself to do it. I didn't care about the money. I was too fucking sick and tired of busting my balls to get on Google... just to see that account get fucked in the ass 30 days later. I thought maybe I was "too comfortable" but reality was I just HATED the work I was doing.

Don't get lured in by the quick/easy cash.. it's never going to last long on Google. Time for a new business/campaign, or hopefully just a new traffic source.

Playing that game with Google is a guaranteed path to getting burnt out.

Reactions: cougarclaws
Nope, too angry to cry. Just worked harder. Too hard for mine own good, which lead to some pretty hardcore stimulant abuse. That was more than 6 months ago though.. clean now and I'm done with Google.

OP, you really just gotta move on and accept the fact that it's OVER. Don't spend your energy trying to get back on Google. I did this for almost a whole year.. I would get on for 2 months... banned... run 2 months... banned... etc.

And I actually had a pretty solid year doing that, in terms of money. But it eventually catches up too you, mentally. It's too fucking stressful and frustrating. It got to the point where I had my plan to get back on Google that worked every time... but I just couldn't get myself to do it. I didn't care about the money. I was too fucking sick and tired of busting my balls to get on Google... just to see that account get fucked in the ass 30 days later. I thought maybe I was "too comfortable" but reality was I just HATED the work I was doing.

Don't get lured in by the quick/easy cash.. it's never going to last long on Google. Time for a new business/campaign, or hopefully just a new traffic source.

Playing that game with Google is a guaranteed path to getting burnt out.

what kind of offers were you running? the kind of shit they hate? I haven't been on G ever since the great massacre of '09 ... but I have some stuff that I think Google would have zero problem with. You think they are still not worth the hassle?

Hey zingo, I've got about 8 sites that all just got -50, wondering what the hell I can do with these?

is there a way out of the -50 penalty? (these are all 1 page affiliate product sites)

Also was wondering, is the entire domain -50? or if I make a new page on the domain it'll be able to rank.

Move on like you have already heard.. nothing you can do with them now.. mine that got slapped are still getting enough traffic from bing and yahoo to keep it live, if it was not I will let it go.

Mine was a high quality content site, lots of direct traffic, low bounce rate, ave time on site was about 4mins.. have not idea why they nailed it.

what kind of offers were you running? the kind of shit they hate? I haven't been on G ever since the great massacre of '09 ... but I have some stuff that I think Google would have zero problem with. You think they are still not worth the hassle?

I was running my own product, in a relationship niche. My product was totally legit... and ran for an entire year without ever getting slapped. Complete autopilot.

I got banned because when I first started out like 3 years ago I tried promoting the "rich jerk" ebook. It was a shitty little review site and it only got like 13 clicks. And yeah, it was during the "great massacre of '09". Then for the rest of 2009 and most of 2010 I spent my time getting back on and off google until I eventually just got burnt out because it's fucking miserable remaking the same campaign over and over and over again just to have to remake it all over again a month later. lol