Godaddy's Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember kids, "diversity" is not just about your niches and backlinks.

It's about diversifying EVERYTHING, from registrars to webhosts to content writers to credit cards to banks to google adsense/adwords accounts to business entities to lawyers (the latter few for those of you doing shadier stuff).

You cannot let your entire business depend on some other entity, especially one who puts a couple sets of tits on expensive super bowl commercials and sells to joe six-pack. Double especially when they have already proven to be evil and incompetent year after year.

/rant

Yeah this fucking sucks.

And I'll say it again... Moniker > GoDaddy in every way imaginable.

QFT! If you have a domain that is worth anything, you are foolish to be hosting it with GoDaddy. I found this out the hard way and it cost me thousands. I've got it setup with moniker that unless X, Y, and Z happen, no one -- even with my user name and password -- can transfer/change any domain settings.

I have a few domains registered with Godaddy (not hosted there) that are still down on my end.

The only reason I use them is they're where I started out and I haven't felt the need to take the time to move the stuff I have there.

I guess I'll be taking care of that soon.

Anyone else's stuff still down?

I don't get what's with the people celebrating this? What's funny about it?
between the pro-sopa/pro-torture/pro-elephant-murder/misogynistic advertising stuff seems like they've managed to piss off most of the internet at some point, guess some people like the fact this is going to hurt their business. plus i suppose there's something vaguely exciting about one lone guy taking down a multi billion dollar company. the collateral damage is a bitch though, obviously.

I don't get what's with the people celebrating this? What's funny about it?

In case you haven't noticed most WickedFire users have always had a large case of Tall Poppy Syndrome.

If someone's doing better than them and they don't agree with everything they'll probably get attacked on here for things that are irrelevant to their being influenced.

Think about the ratio of threads nearly celebrating someone's misstep or fall compared to threads celebrating someone's success?
You've never found it strange that they almost always root for the underdog, no matter how irrational and unrealistic it may be?

Yet... these are the same guys to sling grant kit rebills that hit up some unsuspecting consumer for hundreds of dollars in a "24 trial period", then they have the nerve to call someone who shaves a few leads the most horrible person on Earth.

It's easier to sit around and complain rather than become someone worth complaining about.

been slowly moving all my stuff away from godady over the past year. glad my important websites are already over at knownhost.

will take a bit more while to get the rest of my websites out of there.

moral of the story? dont get too cocky with your business and dont piss your customers off. this could happen to any company.

Nice - Just got 6 months of Windows hosting for a .01 at hostgator to play around with - Thanks anon..lol..

In case you haven't noticed most WickedFire users have always had a large case of Tall Poppy Syndrome.

If someone's doing better than them and they don't agree with everything they'll probably get attacked on here for things that are irrelevant to their being influenced.

Think about the ratio of threads nearly celebrating someone's misstep or fall compared to threads celebrating someone's success?
You've never found it strange that they almost always root for the underdog, no matter how irrational and unrealistic it may be?

Yet... these are the same guys to sling grant kit rebills that hit up some unsuspecting consumer for hundreds of dollars in a "24 trial period", then they have the nerve to call someone who shaves a few leads the most horrible person on Earth.

It's easier to sit around and complain rather than become someone worth complaining about.

I just happen to have a deep-seated hatred for Godaddy based on years of experience with their poorly-designed systems, clueless customer support & terrible reliability.

Godaddy is honestly the only company I fundamentally dislike.

Who has time to take down web sites? They must have a lot of time on there hands.... what a waste of time.

Who has time to take down web sites? They must have a lot of time on there hands.... what a waste of time.

One guy, in the slums of Brasil brought a mega corp down to it's knees, and effected millions of people world wide, because he felt like it. I have to admit, the system needs a double check on security if this one guy can cause the chaos of today.

Good luck bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.