Girl eats nothing but chicken nuggets for 15 years...

Stacey, of Castle Vale, Birmingham, said: "I am starting to realise this is really bad for me."

L
O
L

People need to stop thinking this way. What you eat doesn't matter, for the most part, in terms of being thin. Calories in. Calories out. That's it.
A Texan giving nutritional advice (which was horribly wrong BTW) is like a Floridian advising on proper snowboarding procedure.

Parents that let their kids eat only crap like this are failures. They'll get hungry enough eventually to eat the right food.

Parent: Eat your vegetables
kid: But I don't wanna. I want nuggets
Parent: No
Kid: Waahahahaha
Parent: Shut up and eat your food
Kid: No!
Parent: OK - go hungry then
Kid (a few hours later): I'm really hungry!
Parent: Eat your vegetables then
Kid: No!
Parent: Got to bed hungry then
Kid: OK, pass the peas

Lack of nutrients, toxicity etc. aside, the issue is a bit more complicated than that. In the sense that, if you eat crappy food, you're eating super condensed calories that never really make you feel full (and are composed of 50%+ fat and slow down your metabolism) and that's why people get fat. Even if they try counting their calories they have a super hard time not eating more because they feel hungry since their stomach is not full.

Just as an example.

1 Big Mac + Super size Fries + Medium coke = 1300 calories
+ a shitload of fat to slow down the metabolism.

vs. some fruits that would equal to about 1300 calories

1 Large long watermelon
or 13 bananas
or 10 mangos
or 8 medium baked potatoes (different from above fries because they are not drenched in oil)

What do you think will keep you fuller longer and digest better?

...still calories in. calories out.

edit: lol@ at everyone getting mad. Not sure what that is about. I never said anything about nutrition or health so how bout you guys go back and read the original statement.

...still calories in. calories out.

edit: lol@ at everyone getting mad. Not sure what that is about. I never said anything about nutrition or health so how bout you guys go back and read the original statement.

I don't think anyone is mad and everyone that has responded to you telling you that you're wrong has been pretty polite, as far as I can tell.

It's obvious that they also saw that you qualified the comment that "calories in/calories out" is only about "being thin"

Thing is, you're still wrong. Caloric function is just one (and relatively small) part of how your body processes food and how the contents of that food effect metabolism, etc.

You should probably do your research before "LOLing" at people that are just pointing out that your statement is blatantly false.

TL;DR: Nobody is mad. You're just wrong.

i get my daughter 1 happy meal a week; she requests them daily when i pick her up from day care (shes 4). Fucking mcdonalds propaganda has her mind warped. I gotta get on fixing that. Place smells like a horrid death camp in the drive through (its not near a dumpster or sewer). I'd assume it would be from the animals they use. I personally havent ate mcdonalds meat for well over a year (occasionally get fries and thats it).

Every picky child's parent's worst fear. My first one ate only 3 things for the first 3 years (chicken nuggets, mac and cheese and pizza) I was so worried that he would grow up to be one of those guys in that diabetes ad in the other thread. But we have a rule that you always have to try one bite of everything we eat. Today he eats pretty much everything we do (although still prefers above listed crap)

Now we're back to square one with the youngest :/

Parental failure/10

TL;DR: Nobody is mad. You're just wrong.

No, I'm not.

Can the calories you metabolize change depending on the foods you eat? Sure. But that still doesn't negate the simple fact that a deficit in calories is what causes total weight loss. If you burn more calories then you consume, you loss weight. Period.

People like to take it to the highest level of complication, as already evident here in this thread, but if we would just start with the basics, perhaps obesity wouldn't be so rampant.

i get my daughter 1 happy meal a week; she requests them daily when i pick her up from day care (shes 4). Fucking mcdonalds propaganda has her mind warped. I gotta get on fixing that. Place smells like a horrid death camp in the drive through (its not near a dumpster or sewer). I'd assume it would be from the animals they use. I personally havent ate mcdonalds meat for well over a year (occasionally get fries and thats it).

If mine gets like that, I'm gonna put either chilli or an emetic into the happy meal before I give it to her. Simple classical condition will do the rest. #toughlove

No, I'm not.

Can the calories you metabolize change depending on the foods you eat? Sure. But that still doesn't negate the simple fact that a deficit in calories is what causes total weight loss. If you burn more calories then you consume, you loss weight. Period.

People like to take it to the highest level of complication, as already evident here in this thread, but if we would just start with the basics, perhaps obesity wouldn't be so rampant.

It's not just about calories! What about vitamins, antioxidants, omega 3s, fiber... etc? The mcnuggets, mac & cheese and pizza (unless it's the good kind) that you're feeding your kids have none of this.

It's not just about calories! What about vitamins, antioxidants, omega 3s, fiber... etc? The mcnuggets, mac & cheese and pizza (unless it's the good kind) that you're feeding your kids have none of this.

I believe she was talking about losing weight, not general health. You can lose weight eating fucking Twinkies if you're on a calorie deficit. Health =/= Being thin

If I'm wrong please show me evidence to support the contrary, I love being wrong, it helps me learn.

No, I'm not.

Ohh, I see. And all those dumbass physicians and researchers that have published independent, peer-reviewed research and studies involving thousands of test subjects over the last several decades that say exactly the opposite of what you are saying are just plain wrong, huh?

Got it. Carry on.

Ohh, I see. And all those dumbass physicians and researchers that have published independent, peer-reviewed research and studies involving thousands of test subjects over the last several decades that say exactly the opposite of what you are saying are just plain wrong, huh?

Got it. Carry on.

can i get a link to those studies?

Got it. Carry on.

Exactly the opposite? So you are literally saying that If you burn more calories then you consume, then you don't lose weight? Cause that's the opposite.

I'm with okuma31. Go ahead and site your independent peer reviewed research that says that plz.

Exactly the opposite? So you are literally saying that If you burn more calories then you consume, then you don't lose weight? Cause that's the opposite.

Stop being pedantic to weasel out of your original statement. You know what I meant.

I'm with okuma31. Go ahead and site your independent peer reviewed research that says that plz.

Are you serious? You're the one that made the original assertion to which everyone told you was wrong. Where's your source?

I don't feel like scouring PubMed for studies at the moment. I don't have to. Believe what you like, but almost everyone else in this thread knows you're wrong just as much as I do.

But to be fair, if you find a peer-reviewed, independent study that backs up your claim (good luck) then I'll find at least three that proves you're wrong.

You made the original assertion, not me. The burden of proof is on you. Don't try to send me off scouring PubMed all day just to prove that you're wrong.

LOL you serious? YOU were the one to mention published studies and research on thousands of people. So I think it would be up to you to show that research.

Why would any parent feed a 2 year old McDonalds is beyond me.

Edit: Just wasted my 1k post on this shit. eh