Fuck im hating hostgator today

patrolorp

Jun 8, 2009
Man, I'm usually the idiot going 'there ok, rarely had a problem and they are on top of it quickly when i do'

Fukcing not today, down 4 hours, and the clowns are fucking me around like crazy, i have multiple accounts and they shut down one of my shared accounts today as 'its using too much resources'.

No fucking warning, no nothing, just boom, off.

They finally let me in to make changes and fix the issue (over loaded cache on 1 site) and now 2 1/2 more hours and they still havent gotten back to me, been on live chat 5 times arrrrrrrgh.

FUCK hostgator.

I have never use hosting from Hostgator before, but I found many good rep. about their service and support. But any provider may have trouble, so, why don't you wait for them for few hours more? Your site that you hosted there have huge traffic?

Yeah, maybe its ok for you to wait a few more fucking hours, some of us have traffic to our sites

regular account, its my own fault for not getting a real hosting account sooner.

never had a real issue, so have just been letting it ride, something had to go down eventually.

I have dedicated servers there and the service is awesome. Once when I had a problem Brent the owner/CEO personally contacted me and supervised the fix/setup of dedicated servers.

A+ in my book.

Over the years I've seen a lot of hostgator hate threads but seriously I've been using them since I started out and they have the best fucking support I've ever experienced. Maybe it's because I have a dedicated server with them but I've used shared accounts too, and I've always had solid uptime and great support. They'll literally stick with you forever on live chat until you get the problem solved.

Have had a dedi from them for a while and it's been great. I know that I'm overpaying for the specs, but their support chat is fucking awesome. Always get my shit fixed by them.

crying because your cheap shared hosting account went down?

boo fucking hoo dude.

get a dedi and be a real webmaster. my hostgator dedi's never go down.

haha yeah I know, i'm being cheap and knew I was pushing it. But the point is it didn't go down, they shut me down manually. No warning. And I have my sites spead over multiple accounts to try and not push their limits.

A 'hey buddy, you're pushing your account there - have you thought about a VPS?' email would have been nice, rather than a email saying - your account has been deactived.

Anyway, I'm back up and running, after 5 online chat's and 4:45mins of waiting in between. I will move my shit over to decent hosting in the new year, now that I've gone from 'its not broke, dont fix it' to 'shits falling to pieces run'

Have a dedi from HostGator. These guys jump through hoops to fix my probs. They'll also sit there and just answer any dumbass question I throw at them. I'm no network admin so I can have quite a few dumbass questions.

Man, I'm usually the idiot going 'there ok, rarely had a problem and they are on top of it quickly when i do'

Fukcing not today, down 4 hours, and the clowns are fucking me around like crazy, i have multiple accounts and they shut down one of my shared accounts today as 'its using too much resources'.

No fucking warning, no nothing, just boom, off.

They finally let me in to make changes and fix the issue (over loaded cache on 1 site) and now 2 1/2 more hours and they still havent gotten back to me, been on live chat 5 times arrrrrrrgh.

FUCK hostgator.

yea, sucks that they didn't let you know. How much bandwidth were you using? How many visitors?

I was happy with Hostgator for a couple of years and then an issue came up and it took them several days to figure out the issue. The story eventually unfolded that my site had used too many resources so it was moved to a so-called temporary server which would serve web pages but had no email service. The clowns in support didn't know that so kept telling me to try things and kept saying it was fixed when it obviously wasn't. Their famously smart support staff must have been busy with something else so I guess I got their moron staff - there were several of them - I guess I'm just lucky that way.

your dedicated servers are actually theplanet.com's

I know and I actually bought my servers directly from the theplanet.com in the past. Hostgator is awesome and you pay for their support which I gladly do.

When you are using share hosting with hostgator.com , they will do that, happen to me with one site using too many resources, it was a blog, I moved all to a dedi with another host..

can't complain when you're using shared hosting. you basically set yourself up for that once you started sending traffic to that site.