Finally live on Kickstarter! All and any help is appreciated.. :)

So my wife and I still haven't gotten ours. My wife ordered it under my name, Mike Powell. PM me if you need the address or something.

I vouched for your kickstarter to people - but you've ignored my wife's emails twice about when you are going to finally ship ours. Overall I've got to say I'm getting passed the "mistakes happen" and more onto "this guy is a greedy fucker and taking/shipping new orders instead of shipping all his kickstarter orders first".

Hopefully all just a big misunderstanding. Mistakes happen.

So my wife and I still haven't gotten ours. My wife ordered it under my name, Mike Powell. PM me if you need the address or something.

I vouched for your kickstarter to people - but you've ignored my wife's emails twice about when you are going to finally ship ours. Overall I've got to say I'm getting passed the "mistakes happen" and more onto "this guy is a greedy fucker and taking/shipping new orders instead of shipping all his kickstarter orders first".

Hopefully all just a big misunderstanding. Mistakes happen.

Very sorry about this long wait (and the lack of response). Actually all Kickstarter orders have been shipped, but we had some issues trying to export and sort through all the orders from three different sources in bulk: From Kickstarter (through Backerkit.com), from Celery.com, and finally from Shopify.

Looks like your wife's order was among the Celery.com orders (which we had enabled only temporary after Kickstarter while we prepared the Shopify site). All these sources had a different format - and each order must be reviewed with respect to correct addresses, correct unit counts per SKU, etc. They had to be formatted into a special bulk order format that Webgistix (our fulfillment center) requires.

99% of remaining orders (yours included) are scheduled to go out today, Monday the 23rd.

Thank you for being more than patient...

Very sorry about this long wait (and the lack of response). Actually all Kickstarter orders have been shipped, but we had some issues trying to export and sort through all the orders from three different sources in bulk: From Kickstarter (through Backerkit.com), from Celery.com, and finally from Shopify.

Looks like your wife's order was among the Celery.com orders (which we had enabled only temporary after Kickstarter while we prepared the Shopify site). All these sources had a different format - and each order must be reviewed with respect to correct addresses, correct unit counts per SKU, etc. They had to be formatted into a special bulk order format that Webgistix (our fulfillment center) requires.

99% of remaining orders (yours included) are scheduled to go out today, Monday the 23rd.

Thank you for being more than patient...

Thanks for the quick update!

I'm happy to report we did get a shipping confirmation email today so hopefully we'll get ours soon. Certainly looking forward to it.

Can certainly understand how some orders get mixed up when your processing 1000+ of them and playing catch up on it.

Going to launch my own campaign soon, and remembered this thread and the impressive success you had.

Reading through the comments on your Kickstarter now though, it seems like the backers after you with pitchforks. Is that just a loud minority?

Going to launch my own campaign soon, and remembered this thread and the impressive success you had.

Reading through the comments on your Kickstarter now though, it seems like the backers after you with pitchforks. Is that just a loud minority?

Just skimming through seems to be a loud minority. But definitely some geniune issues - mainly with slow shipping times, and some scratches on products.

I'm guessing the shipping company is where the issues lie, and a poor backend in terms of keeping track of orders from inital order --> delivering.
Just googled around - Shipping update, August 1 – StayblCam on the blog.

So many issues with suppliers - someone needs to do a writeup on sorting them up for kickstarter and the like.

Supplier issues are always killer. Especially when you are trying to put something new together on a shoe string. Even if you try to create something a tiny 'bit' outside of the norm it becomes a HUGE pain in the rear!

I'm dealing with a couple small modifications to cycling jerseys and the manufacturers are acting like its the end of the world. Number of revisions/sizing chart changes etc. is insane and TIME consuming! Can not imagine the frustration with a product such as this...

Feel free to ask any questions and I can try to help :)

Yeah a few of the Kickstarter backers are upset because even though they got their StayblCam AND some of the rewards - we were still not able to ship some of the other rewards yet. And yes, supplier issues were one of the problems causing this. I do take blame too, and I have learned a TON from this experience, but all in all it will be all good in the end.

And actually, some of those "angry" commenters have since came to us in private and been more supportive. I have also apologized both publically and direct with people and ensured that we WILL take care of every single delayed item, and I mean that. Honesty and integrity comes above all when you're dealing with customers.

Which is also why I decided to compensate $$$ to every customer who have not yet received their StayblCam since ordering after our last production run. We had huge manufacturer delays too this summer (which was out of my control). But... I wanted to make it good with everyone, and posted this;
Compensation for delayed orders! – StayblCam

When my old manufacturer told me we might have to wait "another 8-10 weeks..." well that was the last straw for me.

But I'm super excited about our new manufacturer here in Phoenix (moving to them this week)

- They are just 25 mins from my house! I can stop by whenever I want to and talk to them, check on things, etc.
- They can match / lower our current price per unit
- They can do lower quantities of new color runs
- They can accept blanket orders, allowing us even more flexibility to scale and have inventory at the ready
- They allow random pickup of any number of units we would need on the whim from already produced stock, still with generous Net terms
- They treat every client the same, no matter if you're big or small (not the case with my current mfg. as it is pretty obvious that their "bigger fish" clients always get priority in scheduling
- They can do all the same stuff our guys in California did, and if there is something they don't do, they can outsource it locally to one of their many partners.

We've also signed a deal with Amazon (they actually reached out to us) which gives us access to have what they call "A+ Content" listings (including videos and images in description) + dedicated reps there and them campaigning the product. Cannot wait to get into production again now with this.

The DSLR addon / capability is also coming along nicely in design, soon ready for prototype models we can show off and then produce shortly after. These will open up to additional customers in the market who are using heavier cameras but want a light-weight and compact stabilizer.

Last but not least, we were able to land another 6-figure investment, non-equity based. Instead, it's a royalty-based investment which I think is really a win-win for both me and the investor. The funds will go to scaling up both production and the marketing side of things, and I am more excited than ever!

Oh and some more pics you guys may not have seen;

The White Edition;
QUZa3Hqh.jpg

1FlNaZrh.jpg

The new packaging box is ready too. We move away from the old type, with the folded carton inserts - because they took too much time in assembly (and time = money). We now have a 'casket' style box, with a foam insert - making it way more convenient both for shipping, assembly, and storage of the StayblCam itself. Here is one of the samples they sent me. The window will still be circular though;
5wI3WAv.jpg

Our new carrying cases (another Kickstarter reward that got delayed)
ll1HSv0.jpg

goboFc2.jpg

TLDR are you winning?

Lol.. well - tldr;
Already sold and shipped a few thousand units to 60+ countries, now preparing to step up the game and scale, with an investor, ppc campaigns, and Amazon on board the ship. More products on the way too.

Building a brand and product line for the long haul. Product ownership is 1000000x better than selling other people's products. 10/10 would recommend.

Lol.. well - tldr;
Already sold and shipped a few thousand units to 60+ countries, now preparing to step up the game and scale, with an investor, ppc campaigns, and Amazon on board the ship. More products on the way too.

Building a brand and product line for the long haul. Product ownership is 1000000x better than selling other people's products. 10/10 would recommend.

Congrats man! Hopefully more affiliates will learn from your success!

Great thread and awesome campaign. Cool to see something out of the ordinary like this! Tried to PM you about something but your inbox if full. I have a quick question if you have time.