Facebook Is Going To Build Its Own Search Engine!

I wonder when the breaking point will be for users. Or will simple privacy be eroded to a degree where no one can expect any privacy without not messing around with social media. I'm already starting to regret my facebook and twitter accounts. In a situation where it's impossible to be completely private, Mis-information is the name of the game ;)

Can you turn off graph search once enabled? I'm thinking about trying to on one of my dummy accounts. SEOers are going to have to be better social engineers in my opinion to win at SEO with Facebook.​

FB should improve their own interface first.

What a breakthrough it would be if Facebook built a search feature to find things that were posted on a user's wall. Good luck trying to find a post or info posted more than 10 minutes ago that you forgot to bookmark or save.

FB should improve their own interface first.

What a breakthrough it would be if Facebook built a search feature to find things that were posted on a user's wall. Good luck trying to find a post or info posted more than 10 minutes ago that you forgot to bookmark or save.

^^^ I couldn't agree more with this! It is so frustrating not being able to find something you saw just a few minutes earlier.

ps. I hate edgerank or whatever it is called with a vengence.

Not even remotely surprised to hear of Facebook's intent to create their own search engine. Was just a matter of time before this became reality. The way I see it, it's just another search engine to manipulate and the more market share they can steal away from Google, the less I'm forced to rely on Google for organic search traffic. My guess: it'll be as easy to manipulate FB's search engine as it is to manipulate Bing (what a fucking joke).

Facebook search engine will be good, but Good is king they can't beat Google.

Exactly, like all the huge corporations got to where they are now by having the best brains. None of them used the money to buy competitors with the best brains to create monopoly so that they can maximize their revenue, did they;)

It has taken Google many, many years and the some of the best brains in the business to get to where they are today and you think Facebook, fucking Facebook, can just jump in there and start competing on the same level. Fuck that.
The only company that can topple Google is Google themselves and even then it will not be Facebook taking their market share.

Having Facebook Search engine is not enough, The main thing is that will FB able to fight in Quality standards of Google serps.

If it having Quality search results than it may be people won't leave FB all the time over internet.

Google have quality serps? Please, 3+ yelp pages on the front page and then 3 other other shit like pages also,tell were's the fucking difference ? Google is shit, I dont say others are perfect.

I bet this is an agony. No one believes FB can create a good search machine from ground zero.
The reason of all that activity is that FB feels its close death. G+ is sertainly gonna replace FB in the next four or five years. Why?
They are not forced to monetize G+ as agressively as FB does. They are ad free. FB is selling its audience`s loyalty on money now. FB isnt user friendly today. And this is a very bad point to survive this future battle.

PS. G+ isn`t user-friendly, too. But it is ad free. Loyalty will come.

here are some points to think about

realbusiness.co.uk/article/23888-facebooks-game-changing-new-tool

I think its gonna take ALOT of money to attempt to unseat google....afterall...the saying "Im gonna facebook it" just doesn't quote have the same ring to it...

I think its gonna take ALOT of money to attempt to unseat google....afterall...the saying "Im gonna facebook it" just doesn't quote have the same ring to it...

? nobody was using I am gonna google it term 15 years ago. If I was FB I would name my search engine as Fuck. So I can say I am gonna fuck it more often :D

Interesting... wonder if the name alone will hold enough clout to hold out against google... Or will it get lost in the noise with bing and yahoo