Facebook Is Going To Build Its Own Search Engine!

FB will fail just as G is failing in its attempt to build a social network site.

and you as share holder will loose good money for sooner or later they will write it off

MySpace -- gone down the drain
delicious -- does it even work?
bebo
orkut
digg
.... list goes on...

I support Mark's ambition for building SE system on FB. I believe that the next SE function will give more opportunity for generating traffic and also making money at FB.

google-vs-facebook-7.gif

I hears on this and I find it not works like the thinks. I find you drives people aways I feels.

Having Facebook Search engine is not enough, The main thing is that will FB able to fight in Quality standards of Google serps.

If it having Quality search results than it may be people won't leave FB all the time over internet.

if u have SE insiade FB, then most peopel wont leave FB at all

very true, but mostly people also avoid FB Search Engine as they will need to logged to their account to search anything who actually dont like to login from the PC other than home pc, so they undoubtedly prefer Google or any other.

I'll be waiting to see how FB engine will filter non English results or how it show results for non English keywords & non English countries. I guess facebook will take more than year to come up with flawless Search Engine after its launch. I m still with Google & I will be.

Reactions: rockstar45177
Yes it may take a year for them to get it right, but we may be able to exploit that juicy traffic in the early stages.

with the new launch of graph search .. fb have taken yet another step to show that they are moving towards the search business ...

I doubt this will come to fruition. They are too busy trying to monetize everything you do in order to please Wall Street. This ironically will lead to their slow decay and demise as people will get sick of trying to figure out what int heir feed is sponsored and what is actually real.

I'm a big believer in that companies should do what they are known for and not attempt to dominate another market. Most companies don't die from starvation, but from indigestion. I believe this is going to be a big fail for Facebook.​

I have graph search enabled on my account now, and it's terrible for anything beyond photos.

Honestly, I think that Facebook's biggest problem right now is dirty data. They have great, personalized information on millions of people. But they also have tons of shit accounts created to game their system. Before their "graph" maps in any real way to their flesh-and-blood users, they're going to have to clean house big-time.

If they can actually accomplish that, then graph search will give them the one piece of marketing intel they don't have right now: instantaneous consumer intent, ie what their users want right now, not just what they're interested in generally.