Do you Count on your affiliate income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez

Jun 24, 2006
For those making big bucks - do you count on your affiliate income -or is it great extra spending money - do you have a back up plan if say you sites got dumped or your server was hacked.

I don't make money from affiliate programs specifically, but I do make money selling products online. I wouldn't say that I depend on that income, but it is certainly expected. I make enough from my day job to cover my bills, so I could live without it... but it would suck.

So little of my own income comes from affiliate marketing that I can't say I do. It pays for lunch, but that's pretty much it.

My affiliate income paid off my student loans and Toyota Camry back in 2001 and 2002 (respectively). Traffic source died due to a technology change though.

Being a webmaster is like being a surfer..... you ride the waves as they ebb and flow, bro. But always keep your eye on the next wave to ride.

$5 Submissions said:
Being a webmaster is like being a surfer..... you ride the waves as they ebb and flow, bro. But always keep your eye on the next wave to ride.

Nice comparison!

Regarding the question, I do count on my affiliate money and my best backup is diversifying my streams of income...

$5 Submissions said:
That's why you shouldn't put everything into it. Spread your income around to help you ride out the rough patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.